I'm frozen

Viridian

Hi all :)

Sad news: My main account got frozen. If you need me on neopets now, my temporary main is gold_krawki.

The reason I got frozen is that TNT thought I was scamming people. Thing is, I got all my boyfriend's NP and expensive items because he wanted to quit playing (and I made him start playing, so he thought it was fair to give it to me). I guess they thought I scammed him. I explained the situation in a ticket and hope to get my account back to help out with the GMC coverage here on TDN.

Otherwise, I guess I'll have to start rebuilding. Any tips from players previously banned and restarted?

Or maybe I should simply quit...

I don't have a lot of tips... but what I did was to try to get new trophies I never had before (e.g. Illusen's glad and Jhudora's cloud). I set up new goals and worked on them. There isn't much you can do about it, just move forward and build something that you consider to be better than your previous main account. The main reason why I didn't quit after being frozen was because of TDN. I didn't want to quit what I was doing here, so I decided to rebuild, and today I'm sure that my current account is a ton better than the one I used to have. After about six month, I forgot that I didn't have the Halloween and Christmas themes and that I needed to get them again. That was a pretty amusing. I still miss my original starter pet though, and I wish they would purge my account so I can create her back.

The main thing is that, when you redo things, it doesn't take you as much time because you remember how to do it. It feels like if you are way ahead of yourself, racing to get everything. I don't really know how to explain it.

I wish you all the best to recover your account, and hope you will continue to play and be part of TDN team of course. :)

That stinks majorly D:

I hope TNT understand your situation and give your account back...

If that happened to me, I might be discouraged enough to quit (I love Neopets though, so it would be a hard decision either way). In terms of making money, the best ways I have are to build your habitarium and buy stocks. It may take a while, but eventually you will re-accumulate your wealth. I've been playing for a long time, but I didn't have that much and was able to gain a lot in a short time that way.

Oh dear, this is the second time, isn't it?

I think TNT will have to admit defeat, though, if your boyfriend can back you up. :yes:

All the best! :)

No, I've actually never been frozen before :) Yeah I've offered TNT the conversation between me and my boyfriend which luckily got saved (because it was on msn :D)

If that happened to me, I might be discouraged enough to quit

Yes, though next to Neopets I'm also an (active) TDN mod/news/content staffer. I'll just do my best on rebuilding until they can reply to my ticket.

Luckily all my sides are unharmed so I still have most of my precious kougra, except 'myself' (pirate kougra :wub_anim: )

I'm so sorry !!!

You are one of the nicest people I met here !!!! you don't deserve to be frozen :(

I hope you get your account back ... you and your boyfriend can both send tickets explaining the situation ...

Good luck getting your account back :( My first main got frozen too. The only thing I really missed were my pets and avatars. Other than that, like Xepha said, a lot of the things that took forever to work out the first time, you already know, so it won't be as hard to rebuild as you might think. Glad you decided to stay :D

I am so sorry that you were frozen for that. A few years back (MANY years actually) my first account was frozen. It would be 11 years old now :( I was frozen because a person I knew in RL got access to my account and wouldn't give it back. I put a ticket into TNT and let them know, and then a few days later I got my account back and contacted them to let them know that the ticket was irrelevant. They froze my account anyway, and then REFUSED to give it back to me. I went on a 4 year hiatus afterwards because I was so upset.

Hopefully you get access back. If not, I wouldn't quit unless you are really over the site in general. I have friends that I talk to regularly and I enjoy playing games every once in awhile and have goals, so as devastated as I would be to lose my account now, I probably wouldn't quit.

Good luck though! I wish you well :)

I'm sorry but I don't want to be the bearer of bad news but I had a friend on MSN who also quit and gave me everything. I saved the conversation and was frozen. Because the conversation wasn't on neopets, they couldn't prove whether or not I was telling the truth. i had never been warned or frozen before and it was sad. My friends sent in tickets and everything and I got in touch with a really nice TNT staff member and they said they couldn't without the actual conversation on MSN. I am hoping it is different for you though dear! =(

With that being said I took a 6 month break because I was so upset. But now I am back and better than ever and have amazing neofriends. Neopets would be a sad place without the amazing staff of TDN including you.

I remember when I was frozen... But restarting was annoying, luckily I had a forgotten side. But before I found it, I was trying on a new account. My greatest tip is to try and get lent the basics, get all the clickable avatars, and try GDing on the AC. But I hope TNT understands your situation and decides to un-ice you. I know what it feels like the first time you load your computer up and see the evil red box of bad news. I still sometimes try logging onto the account, it is just force of habit.

Good luck~!

• 2 weeks later...

Still haven't gotten a reply from TNT... Trying to rebuild my new main, I had the luck of winning a shadow paint brush from the fruit machine. I sold it for 8 lab map pieces + 350k (assuming I would be able to get the last map piece for 350k). However, prices are ridiculous for lab map piece #1. People are asking 600-700k for it :O

1. Why did that single piece inflate so much?

2. Does anyone want to sell it to me for 350k ( or less, haha) :P ?