Your biggest Neopets Annoyances.

April

I'm curious. I know a lot of things annoy me. No this isn't a TNT hating board. This is more the casual things that users do that annoy you.

For me it's in the guild chat when people never read and just post their ad.

Or when someone asks an honest question and people are rude to them for not knowing.

I've had some people be rude to me before. English isn't my first language and I made the mistake of saying my guild had contests instead of competitions as I did not know there was a difference. I got silenced and had my guild closed and had to remake. I was annoyed when I got a neomail saying competitions were allowed but not contests.

So I was confused and asked what the difference was.

I got called stupid and such and when I explained when I looked up the words because English is my second language, they were both the same. A user then told me if I can't speak English to go talk on the French boards. I found it rude and a couple users backed them up.

I like to chat on the English boards. They're more active and it helps me learn.

I was thankful to the users who actually answered my question and explained and were helpful.

But some are just so rude for no reason.

So if you are rude on the boards? Why are you? For fun? I'm just curious to see what others have to say.

I'm generally nice to people but if they are rude to someone else or myself then I will be rude back.

I have a treat others as you wish to be treated thing going on.

So what annoys you, neo users?

EDIT;; Scratch that. My biggest Neo annoyance is I now have my own personal troll. She follows me around on boards being rude to me. If you hang around in the guild chat I'm sure you've seen it. *sigh*

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes. I forgot about that. I only play with guild members or neofriends now.

I always play 2 play KQ games so I don't care if I lose. You can still get codestones and neggs from silver keys. :) I find I win more codestones and neggs from Silver keys and junk from gold keys. So losing doesn't bother me.

I think lots of people quit because of how the game counts what keys you get and rates you.

Which is a stupid reason.

I will admit my browser has failed on me once and I felt terrible. So I sent a neomail apologizing and sent them a couple codestones. They were really nice about it. :)

I also always do 2 player ones, so if I lose then it's really not the end of the world. I don't get why anyone would ever quit a game. Like, you might lose, so what? You'll still get something for free and you still got some neopoints. It's just so silly and immature. My browser failed on me once as well and I sent a neomail apologizing and they were cool with it.

People who beat me in minigames on KQ also annoy me :P

Most of the mini games annoy me. Whenever one comes on I curse. It is just because my computer is laggy.

And yes you still get neopoints. So it really is pointless. I believe while the person who was quit on, maybe should not get the key but should at least get to keep their Neopoints.

April--

1) English isn't your first language? I have to tell you, I had no idea because your spelling, word choice, and grammar are impeccable.

2) I guess that's how I SHOULD have been able to tell, since people who make fun of others whose first language is not English tend to have terrible spelling and grammar.

3) con·test

   [n. kon-test; v. kuhn-test] Show IPA

noun

a race, conflict, or other competition between rivals, as for a prize.

com·pe·ti·tion

   [kom-pi-tish-uhn] Show IPA

noun

a contest for some prize, honor, or advantage: Both girls entered the competition.

THEY ARE THE SAME THING. Maybe Neopets has a different definition, but they DO mean the same thing. So those people can burn in magma.

Tnt has a different definition.

Competition - a player made event where no np valued prizes are offered whatsoever. Example: Bill's guild is hosting an anagram contest. The competitor who scores the highestin the flash game eliv thade wins. A pictured trophy for the winner is offered, and points to rank up in guild positions are awarded accordingly to all participants.

This is not a contest as it offers no np valuing prizes. The prizes involved are legal, and have no np value. No items or np was offered as a prize, and those should not be given out.

Contest - a player made event where np valued prizes are offered. Example: Bill's guild is hosting an anagram contest. The competitor who scores the highest in the flash game eliv thade wins. The prize for winning is 1np and an omelette of the winner's choice.

This is a contest because the np (regardless of amount) and the item (regardless of np value) was offered as a prize. The example I used showed really low end stuff, but players could have been using super valuable things as prizes or anything in between.

From an outsiders point of view, if you said your guild was offering a contest, they would automatically think its illegal if they knew tnt's rules. If you said the guild was hosting a competition, the outsiders should not worry about legality as competitions are fine.

For me, what annoys me the most is a terrible luck in kq and my opponent scoring high rolls constantly with useful power up. So, rolling 1s and 2s consecutively for 6 turns, or picking up tornado rings and battle dices from passing power up tiles. Its like the game intentionally hates me, and even though I would win a majority of the mini games, bad luck can greatly hamper success :(

Yes, Karina that is why I was confused. I asked it to be explained but people were being so rude about it. Saying if I don't read the rules not to make a guild. I honestly thought they were the same thing. And thank you. Although, with my English this pirate speaking day on Neopets is really confusing me to no end.

And Nailguard, I agree. I think KQ hates me too. And in our guild now we offer points and "badges" for winning competitions now that I get there is a difference. My "contests" had no prizes but bleh. Least I did not get frozen!

People who quit in key quest because they are losing really annoy me as well.

I admit I have quit a few games, not because I was losing, usually if I have to tend to my dogs and they seem to choose some of the most inconvenient times. Mostly due to my browser failing and not responding after a mini game.

Apparently, I have quite many:

-Random avatars

-Scammers, cookie grabbers

-Getting nothing from dailies

-Minigames in Key Quest (I'm really bad at them)

-Lagging games

-Whenever certain dailies are closed (Tombola, Grumpy Old King, Wise Old King, etc.)

-Bad random events (and the pointless ones, too)

-Seeing the same games being featured all over again (I would take Hungry Skeith for example)

- Rude people on the Neoboards. I ask a simple question, and get yelled at and trolled for it, then called stupid after some nice person finally answers. There's a reason I don't use Neoboards anymore.

- Random avatars. They hate me.

- People who don't take care of their pets.

- Scammers.

- Rude people on the Trading Post and Auction... place.

- Cheaters.

- When the Wise Old King and Grumpy Old King are "out for lunch."

Rude people are just... rude. Ignore them. And April, your english is amazing! You are hereby dubbed extremely effectively bilingual. :laughingsmiley:

>> Rude people at TP when they Neomail you.

>> Random dailies

>> Moltara worms :[

>> Annoying games that are boring and bleh. Although I can't hate them because I know effort goes into everyone of them. :)

>> When people hex or sabo me in Key Quest :/

>> Habitarium Lags :sad01_anim:

>> NEOMAILS THAT CAN'T SEND. :grrr:

That's about it. Little quibbles I have. :)

English isn't my first language either, so I know what you mean. I know I make mistakes, everyone does .. but I can't stand when someone is rude if I spell something wrong or when I type really quick ..

If someone mocks my English I just response in my language :D No one understands that haha :D

Otherwise I hate:

- people who are RUDE

- advertisements

- junk from KQ (even the gold keys)

- people who create a dozen of pets with really bad names and then abandon them or people who abandon sick/hungry pets

- not having access to NC mall

And yes April, your English is amazing :D

Edited by LoveBee

As some people mentioned above, April, your English is amazing, even though it's not your first language! :D

Anyways:

- Auctions: My efforts... WASTED if someone at last minute bids higher than me when I've been waiting for 30 minutes!

- Badly named Neopets!

- Freeloaders of AC, I really apologize if you happened to be one of them this year.

- Games: My efforts... WASTED if I have to resend my score due to some error!

- Key Quest: When people leave the game when I was about to win!

- Random Avatars - The Deserted Tomb avvie hates me the most!

- TNT: If they freeze your account for some reason which you didn't even do!

- Useless Random Events

That's all I can think of. Oh yeah, the reason I didn't mention rude people is that I've never encountered them in my whole Neopets life!

Cookie grabbers and scammers. I don't see the point in trying to scam someone else out of pixels, especially because the scammer almost always gets frozen in the end.

People who are rude on the boards.

Random avatars. It took me 6 years to get the Tooth Faerie avatar.

People who try to trick you into selling them an item for less and hope you won't notice (e.g. offering 101,000 NP on an item you have listed as 110K)

"Badly named pets" reminded me, actually...that's a good one. I go to the pound, and it will have a bunch of pets all with the same name but different numbers. So clearly someone just made a ton of pets JUST to abandon them. That is RIDICULOUS.

I hate random avatars as well--it took me 6 years to get the Sloth random one, and I still lack the vast majority of random ones. I've never gotten a FFQ in my ten years, never got the tooth faerie, never got Snowager despite my visiting him twice a day for the last several years (and being on Terror Mountain in the Altador Cup! Come on, I NEED that avatar!), never got Deserted Tomb, Wheel of Knowledge, Buried Treasure, TDMGPOP, Apple Bobbing (although this hasn't been around for very long), and so on.

first of all your english is very good. The same thing could happend to me, because english is also not my first language.

my other annoyings are random avatars, and then especially the ones which cost you a lot of money. (kelp, lever of doom, edna quest, cheese roller)

Other thing is that sometimes when you have tried to get a highscore for a long time there can be problems by processing your score, so it was of waste of time because you never get that highscore

Thanks for all the positives about my speaking ability. And responding in your own language, that's great.

Lots of people understand basic french but I'll just write something so out there they get frustrated and leave.

And I agree, random avatars annoy me. Or random events. I got boochied four times in one month but in eight years never had a FFQ?

And I want the snowager and the Wheel of Knowledge avatar.

I do both kings every day and do not have one of the King avatars. It drives me crazy. That's an extra five I could count. I am missing the Grundo Plushie and Deserted Tomb as well.

Tsk tsk.

And to not encountering rude people, I'm shocked.

I had some girl yesterday on the guild chat say I was a pet abuser and can't speak English. Why did she say this? Because a few of us were talking about pets so I showed them the pictures of my puppy on my pet page and because my puppy broke her leg apparently I'm an animal abuser. It was annoying. But at the same time every one stuck up for me so there are nice people out there. :)

April, I would have never guessed English is not your first language. Just ignore all those rude people on the boards!

There are a few things that annoy me. I'd have to agree with the random avatars and especially the FFQ, in my 7+ years I've never gotten one.

One thing that drives me absolutely crazy is when people neomail me asking for my pets. I mostly get offers for my UC Ice Bruce, Tco. When the users are kind about it I am totally fine, and always respond kindly. It's when I get someone who won't leave me alone about it, or they act as if by keeping my pet I am in some way being mean to them. It leaves me in awe sometimes that they think me keeping my dream pet is "hurting" them...Sorry I'm not sorry?

I can see how that would be annoying. Sometimes when I see an amazing UC I have to neomail the owner. Not to tell them I have an offer or anything but just to tell them how pretty it is and then wish them a good day.

Begging is just rude. I am saving up for four Draiks. One to keep as a permie to trade to get my UCs. I will have to train them up in the BD and offer customs with how hard it is to trade now a days but since I do not care about names, hopefully it will not be too hard. I don't care if when I get my UC dreamies if their name are xxx_xx_1121_xx

I'm not a name picky person.

And yay, I'm not the only one without a FFQ in 7+ years.

One of my friends is under three years old and has had four. I think have a certain amount of years you should automatically get one if you never have yet.

- When the Wise Old King and Grumpy Old King are "out for lunch."

I hate this so much! At the time I get home from school, the Tombola is closed and both the Kings are out for lunch. It's so frustrating.

The existence of random events that change your pets' color also annoys me a lot. I can never have my painted pets as my active because I don't want to risk losing their colors (which aren't expensive ones at all, but still, I'd rather not have to pay ~50k again just because of poor luck).

I absolutely love getting kind neomails. The begging is just what drives me crazy.

Personally, I would support FFQ being a user privilege after certain amount of time. Although, since they can create rarer pet species the timeline would have to be long. I'm thinking like many years. Your friend is extremely lucky with the random events to have had that many so far!

Keyquest minigames

The whole reason why I don't even bother with playing KQ anymore.

Unfunny trolls on the Neoboards

Elitists

aka the people who think they're better than you because they have millions upon millions of Neopoints, tons of avatars, tons of D/UC/Ks or other expensively painted/customised pets, etc.

I even saw one person who admitted to being an elitist and I just started cracking up. No, honey, you've got it all wrong. Being an elitist is a bad thing.

CGers/scammers/hackers

How rare FFQs are

I've been on for over six years and I haven't gotten one yet. =(

Cheaters

Hate these people so much.

How most of the pets in the pound are very badly named

I think you all know what I mean. There's even a 10-page thread on badly named pets here.

Pointless REs

The fact that Classic Neohomes can't be submitted into the Neohome Spotlight

Newer Neohomes

They're incredibly laggy and way too flashy. What bugs me even more is that you can't get rid of them.

When the Tombola is closed, omelette/jelly is gone, when the kings are out to lunch, etc.

Last but not least:

TNT in general.

Most annoying random avatar: wheel of knowledge because clearly the castle residents loaded that wheel so it always lands on the question mark or the king so you don't even get a real prize.

Also, not always relevant, but Snowmuncher always being in the AAA games challenges. I'm terrible at that game and dread the day it inevitably shows up as a challenge.

Keyquest minigames

The whole reason why I don't even bother with playing KQ anymore.

Unfunny trolls on the Neoboards

Elitists

aka the people who think they're better than you because they have millions upon millions of Neopoints, tons of avatars, tons of D/UC/Ks or other expensively painted/customised pets, etc.

I even saw one person who admitted to being an elitist and I just started cracking up. No, honey, you've got it all wrong. Being an elitist is a bad thing.

CGers/scammers/hackers

How rare FFQs are

I've been on for over six years and I haven't gotten one yet. =(

Cheaters

Hate these people so much.

How most of the pets in the pound are very badly named

I think you all know what I mean. There's even a 10-page thread on badly named pets here.

Pointless REs

The fact that Classic Neohomes can't be submitted into the Neohome Spotlight

Newer Neohomes

They're incredibly laggy and way too flashy. What bugs me even more is that you can't get rid of them.

When the Tombola is closed, omelette/jelly is gone, when the kings are out to lunch, etc.

Last but not least:

TNT in general.

I 100% agree with you.

Let's not forget the word filters on the site itself.

And don't forget the question mark on the Wheel of Knowledge too, oh how I wish it would vanish from the wheel ...