Your biggest Neopets Annoyances.

April

You know what drives me totally insane? The fact that some of the Shockwave games that haven't worked on most people's computers in AGES are still avatar games for active avatars.

I WANT ATTACK OF THE SLORGS AVVIE!!! And I'm really good at that kind of game, too, so I'm pretty sure I could get it...if I could just find a computer that will play the game.

Also, another person over here annoyed with NP ratios. My daily income has dropped from 50k to less than 30k (sometimes MUCH less, depending on much spare time I have) in the last few weeks. Seriously, ALL of my favorite games had their ratios drastically lowered. *sniffle*

I have that plug in but no matter how hard I try, my computer will not let me play that one with the Cybunny that you need.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is really weird, and not really a NEOPETS annoyance, but.

I hate it when people use those lookups that hide your toolbar banner thing. Then the only way to get out of their lookup is to press back. Small quibble, but it really annoys me! :( And when the words are replaced with numbers. Grrrrr. :grrr:

I have that plug in but no matter how hard I try, my computer will not let me play that one with the Cybunny that you need.

Well, yeah, that's the problem with the games. Even if you have Shockwave installed, they don't work, at least not on all computers I've tried (various versions of Firefox/Windows). I think it's because the games aren't frequently updated and don't work with the latest versions of Shockwave or something.

Either way, totally annoying.

I also find it annoying how people get mad at you for being honest.

So I'm a brutally honest person, doesn't make me a bad person.

Meh, most people agree with what I say anyways. It's just the odd one that says I have no heart.

Well, when people type like this and say this...

y will no1 join my guild. plz join it. and someone plz make me a layout. i don't know how to code. or get members.

I actually saw someone say that.

So I just commented with

"If you don't at least know how to edit premades or advertise, you shouldn't lead/make a guild. End of story."

That got a heated debate going. :P Then I gave advice on how literacy appeals to more people. And finding co owners.

But they said I was being mean and had their other noob friends back them up.

*le sigh* You can't please everybody.

LOL I've always been unpopular due to my wise mouth. :P That situation is very familiar to me - "you're being unnecessarily mean," etc.

And another thing that drives me nuts - beggars on the Neoboards. I know nobody likes them but still, driving me nuts today. <_<

Also, people who post on the NBs hoping to work out trades/auctions/guild ads when they can't speak English. I know there are plenty of players from different countries, or for whom English is not your first language, but the majority of Neoboard communication is in English, and when I try to work out a trade with people just to get the response that you can't understand me...frustrating. (Please, no one take offense to this gripe, as I'm not trying to be xenophobic or anything. Just...bad communication annoys me.)

Let's see ...

• The Wheel of Knowledge. Seriously, why is the avatar for this more difficult to get than the other wheels'? It doesn't help that its other rewards are terrible.
  • The editorial. It is amusing, yes, but the questions it addresses sometimes make me want to face-palm. Some are pure fluff. Some can be answered by Google - or okay, if one doesn't want to venture off-site, the boards can help, too. It also bugs me when people ask about being given the option to return pets to their unconverted state; there is at least one question about this every once in a while, despite the fact that TNT has said repeatedly that it'll never happen. The space devoted to these kinds of questions can be better used for addressing more important stuff like the clarification of rules and whatnot, IMO.
  • Speaking of UCs, the constant "suggestion" to be able to return to the old artwork on the boards is just ... mind-boggling. Don't get me wrong: I like some UC pets and do think that customisation has decreased the appeal of certain paintbrush colours, but it's been four years. Live with it; if not, work at trading for one. #possiblyunpopularopinion
  • Trolls on the Neoboards ... eh. Some can be amusing, and some can be reported in a click and never be heard from again. But there's this particular well-known troll on the boards that gets my goat every time I see a board from her. I don't get why she does what she does, and why she does it in such a manner. It's just ... ugh.
  • Random avatars. Discarded Grundo Plushie, Grumpy Old King (the Jester one), and Mysterious Symol Hole, I'm looking at you.
  • Pointless and colour-changing REs. Every time I think of painting a pet, I have to think, "Oh, no, what if Boochi or the invisible RE gets them?" Meh.
  • "... and [pet] doesn't change at all!!!" from the lab. AAAAARGH.
  • KQ quitters, and most of the mini-games.
  • Scammers, CGers, the like.
  • Badly named pets in the pound. Those are just ... wow.

One more. People who NM you for your trade, annoyingly. For example, I had a bag of peanuts, and the description said 210k, they could neomail me to haggle as I was flexible. I had at least 3 people who sent stuff like "120k n wild coconut" with the subject simply "trade" or "."

I don't even know you! Haggling means you be nice, present it in a nice way, not just throw it at me! Plus, I don't know you, what makes you think i'll give it to your for practically half price, when you can't even be bothered to type??!

Urgh.

Let's see ...

• The Wheel of Knowledge. Seriously, why is the avatar for this more difficult to get than the other wheels'? It doesn't help that its other rewards are terrible.
  • The editorial. It is amusing, yes, but the questions it addresses sometimes make me want to face-palm. Some are pure fluff. Some can be answered by Google - or okay, if one doesn't want to venture off-site, the boards can help, too. It also bugs me when people ask about being given the option to return pets to their unconverted state; there is at least one question about this every once in a while, despite the fact that TNT has said repeatedly that it'll never happen. The space devoted to these kinds of questions can be better used for addressing more important stuff like the clarification of rules and whatnot, IMO.
  • Speaking of UCs, the constant "suggestion" to be able to return to the old artwork on the boards is just ... mind-boggling. Don't get me wrong: I like some UC pets and do think that customisation has decreased the appeal of certain paintbrush colours, but it's been four years. Live with it; if not, work at trading for one. #possiblyunpopularopinion
  • Trolls on the Neoboards ... eh. Some can be amusing, and some can be reported in a click and never be heard from again. But there's this particular well-known troll on the boards that gets my goat every time I see a board from her. I don't get why she does what she does, and why she does it in such a manner. It's just ... ugh.
  • Random avatars. Discarded Grundo Plushie, Grumpy Old King (the Jester one), and Mysterious Symol Hole, I'm looking at you.
  • Pointless and colour-changing REs. Every time I think of painting a pet, I have to think, "Oh, no, what if Boochi or the invisible RE gets them?" Meh.

The editorial drives me crazy! I have written in so many times asking them to address issues that are not made clear in rules and Google can not answer.

They never get answered. And then I see the most stupid things posted, constantly. Drives me up the wall.

Let's see ...

Oh my ... we have so much in common when it comes to our annoyances in Neopets!

I hate it whenever my pet loses half of their health, STUPID GERAPTIKU TOMB TRAP!

• 2 weeks later...
"... and [pet] doesn't change at all!!!" from the lab. AAAAARGH.
For the sixth day, in a row, my lab ray has come back with "and he doesn't change at all". Six days in a row? Come on! Why did I buy it in the first place. Even a pointless stats change is better than that.

Most of the times, I would get annoyed when playing Keyquest, since my laptop tends to lag even when the token's moving. And Habitarium, when there's too much P3's, it gives me hard times to move them.

• 2 weeks later...

Completely agree!!

I also hate when TNT changes the NP ratio on games. I understand it's "necessary" but I just submitted a 1700 or so score for the bounce game and got like 300 NPs when it would normally get me around 1,000. -_- Ugh.

Late reply, but I completely agree, this month's ratio changes has been one of the worst for me, they need to stop making the games too challenging and realize that not all of us are good at most games.

When the first dice you get for Dice-a-Roo is the Game Over one.

Wheel of Extravagance. If you are gonna play that much to spin, at least make the prizes a little better, and the avvie a little easier to acquire!

Censorship on Key Quest. I mean, really? It's really annoying to have to search for the right phrase.

Wishing Well Avatar. Now that is really just a load of poop.

Scammers/grabbers/cheaters

People who take things too seriously or dislike those who don't care for their pets.

Trying and trying my best to get high scores and wondering how in the world people get thousands of points in certain games. Such as Zurroball for example.

People ragequitting in KQ (though I can't play it now on this slow PC)

The fact that my gallery freezes my PC for a moment while my big gallery opens.

The fact that gallery and shop spaces are so dang expensive.

The fact that gallery and shop spaces are so dang expensive.

I know how you feel, and the fact that the extra spaces isn't as much, fortunately, I only need 52 more items for my gallery to be finished. (unless Neopets releases more grape items before I complete it, of course)

What bothers me about Adver-video is that it only gives half the Neopoints earned for me in my computer.

Haha, I don't even have anything further to add, I've just been reading all the posts nodding my head.

Neopets can cause so much aggravation, considering that it's supposed to be a fun hobby. :P

Haha, I don't even have anything further to add, I've just been reading all the posts nodding my head.

Neopets can cause so much aggravation, considering that it's supposed to be a fun hobby. :P

Makes you wonder why we all play, doesn't it? And yet here we all are.......

My biggest annoyance this week so far is people on TP who either don't respond for days or just withdraw the item. I'm trying to get the last piece of the SLM and i have the np, just can't get anyone to sell me one :sad02: Very frustrating