Gourmet - Do you bother?

Lady Kakata

Do you bother with gourmet items?

Not just actively trying to score points; I mean, do you search out the more obscure ones? If offered one (say, in a shop for a silly low price), do you grab them? Or are you not bothered?

At first I wasn't, but then I got a Maractite Hot Dog (thought it was weird when I spotted it, wasn't fast enough to catch it. Got it the second time around) and I then looked up my pets Gourmet items. I then searched for and bought the Acara Salad, more or less as a tribute to the Acaras that really got me into Neopets.

Since then, if an item comes up in my four food-buying haunts (for my shop) I grab it when I can. If it's pizza, my particular gourmet delivery system at the moment, I feed Moorlough the original thing and donate the rest of the pizza to Neofriends since I've already claimed gourmet status.

I'm not an active searcher (except for cheap items like Grral Keno eggs) but I do pay attention to gourmet status at times. What about you?

I would hope so; I restocked gourmet foods specificially for quite some time.. they are hard to sell.. but you sure do make alot from them! I retired from that because it got frustrating sometimes.

As for personally, no. Just food; my pets are just as happy with an omelette :)

A few months back, I started to feed Rowanan gourmet foods... at least, until I realized that I had nowhere near enough Neopoints to support going for the Neopian and Booktastic Book Awards and the Gourmet Club Hall of Fame. (Honestly, I'll more than likely never be able to afford the first two goals, as is. x_x)

So, for now, my pets are just content with jellies and omelettes. :P

Gourmet food is too expensive for the most part, however, I have come across cheaper gourmet food for my pets. I'm kind of interested in gourmet feeding, and I certainly do spoil my pets, they don't just eat omelette and jelly. But since I'm never very fast in main shops I avoid them, so I guess maybe I'm not interested. But from time to time, I am.

Any gourmet food I've fed my pets has been accidental. I don't actively search for them. Cost way too much. I'd rather work on my stamp and gallery collections

At one point I was buying them and feeding them to one of my pets, then I realised what an insurmountable task it would be to get anywhere, so I gave up.

It's difficult to have more than one interest that costs neopoints, and I was focusing more on avatars at the time so had to choose.

• 2 weeks later...

I don't care about gourmet food because I know I'm never going to get into the hall of fame anyway, unless I spend millions of NP which I'm not willing to do. My pets eat a healthy diet of omelettes and jelly. Nothing is healthier for your Neopet than some nice gelatin made out of dung.

(cool, 100 posts!)

Gourmet food (the cheaper ones) is something I always like to give my pet, Snowie. I'm quite biased to her since she's my favorite pet. But currently I'm saving NP to paint all my pets, so feeding her with gourmet food isn't my priority right now. :)

i buy the cheap ones, but i'm not going to spend 1 million to get some food and a stupid point...

simple as that

I am just the opposite. I have fed my coco jubbie 643 gourmet foods. I will probably never get gold, but I do have bronze. I use jellyneo's gourmet check list and I am almost out of buyable gourmet food, so I am not buying as much. Thank goodness for the Habitarium (for making NPs) and the SSW (for saving NPs)!

No. Not really. For one, they really are expensive and I don't want to use my NPs for food only. It really isn't much of any investment. I prefer to use my NP for something that will profit. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Recently I've been using the jellyneo checklist to search for the cheapest gourmet foods and save them to feed to my Kacheek. Because I'm just starting out it isn't so expensive yet...once I get to the foods that are worth over 50k we'll see whether I have the dedication to keep it up. I feel like I will because my Mesopause is so adorable I can't help spoiling her (food, clothes, toys) but that might not hold up against the harsh reality of finances :laughingsmiley: .

The only ones I pay attention to are the super cheap ones. Other than that, I can't be bothered. I would rather spend on avatars and gallery. Maybe someday when I have no goals left xD

I don't really bother with gourmet. I'll feed my pets the cheaper foods if I happen to get them but I don't actively search them out. If I get gourmet food from any of the dailies then they usually go straight in my shop. My goals are more about collecting stamps, avvies and getting my dream pets.

Not at the moment, no. I rarely feed my pets with food I buy. I take them for a popcorn or a shake to the Movie Central and if they're still hungry I give them an omelette :) Maybe someday, if I'll have too much NPs to spend them all (which will never happen :P) I'll bother with some Gourmet Food :)

• 2 weeks later...

I don't bother, I just feed my pets any food except Gross Food when they're hungry. I don't really care about that, I only seem to like customising and looking at the boards.

• 1 month later...

Definitely not bothering right now. I tried a while back but too expensive. Like others said, I'd rather spend it on stamps or books because that actually stays with you. ^_^

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not bump topics over 21 days old.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Spritzie if you have any questions regarding this action.