Five Letter Logic

Parry

SIGNIFY is correct! That was way faster than I thought it would be. Of course, once it got to "SIGNING" I figured it would happen pretty fast.

Maybe my logic is a bit off, but I'm finding a contradiction. WINNING makes there be no G. But then DARESAY means that RAEDY has a max of 2, which leaves 2 to go in TRAGEDY, but T_ _ _ _ _ _ is all that's left. Halp.

Also, yes, DARESAY is a most excellent word, I daresay!

Still coming up with something off :* Hang on, here's my logic:

T and G both have to be correct

because of TRAGEDY vs. DARESAY. They share five letters (RAEDY), with only two left over to be correct in TRAGEDY (TG).

E has to be wrong.

We know that there is a T, and because of HONESTY, there has to be a T in the sixth spot. If there is at least one E, then there has to be an E in the fourth spot, again because of HONESTY and also DARESAY. But if there is an E in the fourth spot and a T in the sixth, then DEFEATS would have two in the correct spot, not one.

F is correct

because DARESAY has only two correct letters. That means out of ADS, there is a maximum of two correct. We've already taken the Es out of DEFEATS, and we know T is correct, so we are left with three more correct letters to go in DFAS. DAS = only 2 more correct, so F has to be the fourth correct letter.

D has to be wrong

because DARESAY means the D would be the first letter. But according to DEFEATS, it can't be the first letter because we already have the T in the right place.

A and S are correct

because that's all we have left in DEFEATS.

Right now we have TGASF. TRAGEDY has only three letters so far--TAG. We know that E and D are wrong, so our only choice for the last one is R or Y. BUUUT...

R and Y cannot be right because in DARESAY, we already have an A and an S.

Sorry, WBA. Man, did I switch words or something between WINNING and TRAGEDY? That's two mistakes in the first two words. I double-checked that the number of letters were all correct because I usually don't make placement mistakes. Double-checking them all now for placement, too.

DEFEATS 2, 2, 3

WINNING 0, 1, 6

TRAGEDY 0, 4, 3

HONESTY 2, 0, 5

DARESAY 2, 0, 5

GAMBLES 2, 1, 4

(I suspect it will suddenly be much easier to solve now that the clues are correct. Again, my apologies.)