Donate vs Discard ???

Angeló

190 members have voted

1. 1. Donate or Discard ??

• Donate
    • Discard

It depends. I discard common stuff from dailies, because I suppose that everyone will have received them at some point, and there's no point cluttering up the Money Tree with junk that everyone else has. But if it's a little more valuable and I don't have any present use for it (like books, food, etc.), I'll donate.

To anybody who believes that donating is always, definitively and unequivocally better than discarding, I present this:

16jg094.jpg

Best part is that this was after I'd already taken ten of them for my Shiny Obsidian collection.

AGH all that obsidian... XP

Maybe if more people discarded their junk there would be a higher percentage of better stuff at the money tree...

I always hate going there and being bombarded with junk :/

for me i always donate, because someones trash is someone else's treasure. you can still sell obsidian, (i don't collect it anymore since i can never get the worms) and 1np is still 1 np :)

i never go to the money tree as my connection (australian speeds are awful, and in my area you can't get ADSL2+ unless you go with the only EXPENSIVE provider, and no cable in my area also) means i never get anything good from there. sometimes when i need cheap items, i can't even get those :P

i usually donate. there's always some user who's looking for stuff to get their packrat avatar so why wouldn't they check the money tree? although i do discard the seaweeds i get from fishing since i have so many of those. :laughingsmiley:

SDB>Shop>Donate>Discard

Really depends...

SDB if I think I don't have it yet (getting myself the Avatar that way)

Shop if it's worth enough... I'm really greedy :/

Donate if it's not toally worthless

and Discard all junk because we really don't need it :>

I usually donate if its food, or a toy or something actually useful. If it's a piece of junk such as a rotten boot or something of that sort i discard it because, really there is no need to just clutter up the money tree.

I always donate, just in case it's something someone else might want.

Why do you collect obsidian though? There is so much of it lol

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Spritzie) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I always donate. I remember a rumor floating around forever ago that the more you give to neopets the more it gives back to you. Like the more you donate the more good things will come your way. But I see the point that all of the junk is clogging up the money tree. Especially the fish and obsidian. It's not like there is a chance of getting something other than Obsidian or a fish if you go to those dailies. If you don't want them don't click them. I think after reading this I will think more about what I donate. :-)

Everything is sitting in my SDB waiting to be gone through :P I probably have a lot of junk that I need to get rid of. Everything like "mossy rock" will most likely be discarded :P I don't know why anyone would want it.

So I have been spending some time at the money tree today doing a little research. I seriously think clogging it up with the same item over and over (like five refreshes worth of obsidian or Omelette which I encountered) should be considered as spam.

That being said I made an effort to donate some nice things and not just useless crap. :-)

The only time I donate is when I get something useless... and by that I mean something that won't even sell for 1np lol. I sell everything else I get. Although it would probably be better to discard the items, I just hate the feeling of being responsible for completely deleting an item out of neopets forever. I don't know why lol!

• 2 weeks later...