Changes to Accepted Collateral

Hi all :)

Due to a recent dishonest lendee, who put up hard-to-sell items in collateral and now will not return the ALP's Faerie Queen Doll, I am changing the types of items I will accept for collateral on the higher level items (FQD, Chokato, ZDAP & Meowy). I will not, under any circumstances, be accepting HTS items anymore - even if you are offering overpayment in these types of items. I am sorry that this has to be, but there is always going to be some dishonest people who want to ruin things for everyone else.

Collateral in pure Neopoints, with lending via the Auction House, will continue to be acceptable, as will item collateral in easy-to-sell items such as Paint Brushes and popular Battledome weapons.

Thank you to those honest lendees out there who have borrowed from me in the past!

Izzy & the ALP Staff

Handing over the username (here or on Neo) would be considered harassment on both sites. Quit asking.

I'm fully aware of that as I'm sure Rachel is too. It was a joke.

That's not something that a mod can treat as a joke or ignore. It's one of those things that shouldn't be posted point blank.

can we have their TDN username so we can exact revenge? :D

They aren't a member of TDN forums, as far as I can tell, anyway. And like Anime's said I will not give their Neopets username.

Hopefully in this case you'll get it back and theres just an issue preventing them from returning it.

They've had nearly 2 weeks - they originally borrowed, then told me to deal with some other user to get the doll back as they had borrowed the collateral from that person. I said no, that they were NOT to send my doll to anyone else and then they said there was some issue with the trading post preventing them from offering the doll back. They promised to keep trying to offer it back. In the meantime, I've done multiple trading post lends and no-one else has raised an issue. I have also been able to offer from my side onto the lot with their collateral. My guess is that they sent the doll to this other person anyway, and haven't been able to get it back from them. Its now been over a week since they last mailed me as well.

I sent them a mail today giving them 24 hours to return my doll or to provide proof that they still have it, but I have little doubt it will do any good.

lame. sorry to hear that. Do you guys need a new FQD? I can buy one no problem.

If I can sell their collateral for the current lowest asking prices on the TP then we'll only be a bit short to buy a new one. Though because the items are HTS (one more than the other) I will probably have to sell for a lot less than TP price. I'll just dip into the BGC fund to cover it I guess... thank you for the offer though :)

Can we have a wall of shame so that for future reference we know who to watch out for and who NOT to lend to?

edit: I really do think that after all chances given to return stuff, they should be put on some kind of blacklist for the community. At least it will protect the rest of us who may do future lends and such. and :[ I had -just- requested FQD too.

I had 2 FQD's so lending is still continuing with the other one, just a bit slower. Its requested so much that I needed both to keep up :laughingsmiley:

We have a Do Not Lend list, and a Caution When Lending list. This user was put on the second (which is basically a last-chance list) when she told me she was sending the doll to someone else - she'll be moved over to the strictly no-lending list if she doesn't return the doll by tomorrow.

I really hope this was all just a big mix up and that it gets returned! Unfortunately though there are some truly awful people that play neo and are just looking to scam :/

I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!

I'm sorry to hear that :( I'd buy the sword at full price, but I'm saving up for a darigan PB right now (of course, to paint my pteri...he'll be 644 in 530 days.)

EDIT: Wait a minute, if (s)he doesnt have a forum account, wouldnt they have to OVERpay in HTS items? Or at least pay even? The HTS items total 300K UNDER the collat...how did they get the FQD in the first place??

Wait a minute, if (s)he doesnt have a forum account, wouldnt they have to OVERpay in HTS items? Or at least pay even? The HTS items total 300K UNDER the collat...how did they get the FQD in the first place??

Their application stated they were offering the Sword and a Spotted PB - no mention that it was a TCG card <_< So thats why it was approved and added to my waiting list... then when they offered the TCG instead I wondered, but people do that all the time. It takes a while on the waiting lists sometimes that they have new items or whatever to use as collateral.

Also, both items have deflated in the 2 weeks since they borrowed xD Sword was 900k and the card was 450k.

After a report to TNT, both accounts - the one who borrowed and the other username I had from them - have been frozen within an hour. Guess that answers the question as to whether they were truly having trouble or were trying to steal the doll!

both accounts - the one who borrowed and the other username I had from them - have been frozen within an hour

TNT don't return lost items , or do they ??

TNT don't return lost items , or do they ??

No, unfortunately. Their standard auto-response to bug tickets is "Unfortunately, if this bug involved lost items/Neopoints, we will not be able to replace them."...so, no. But sometimes, knowing what happened is better than being clueless

Izzy: Well, that explains it...I was wondering xD

I have had ssssooo much help and have gotten several avatars I would never be able to get without this great lending program . I seethe when I read of folk who do this sort of evil thing and spoil the program for others. This is ,by the way, a virtual pets world and so I find it even harder to understand dishonesty and fraudulent actions. I would be too guilty to use the FQD avatar if I had to resort to cheating to get it in the first place.