Getting tired of neopets?

indigo

dear OP, I'm making a new site too ,

tiredofhattershattinonneopets.ORG

btw , how did u know what "silenced" means if you haven't played for years ? this feature was added recently to the site ...

thanks and buh-bye :)

Thanks for classifying me as a 'hatter.'

and...

I've also read on other fansites that neo has silenced someone for stating how they were proposed to, or for talking about harry potter.

I was on another fan site yesterday, where some people were complaining. That's all.

I haven't played subeta in a long time. I think I joined a little before the longcat incident actually.

The site looks a lot better than from last time I've been online. I only really play neopets to leave habi open and train my pet so maybe... I'll try out subeta again.

No, no, I'm not trying this out. I tried MaraPets, but I'm so loyal to Neopets and love my Aisha so much that I refuse to try out any other pet websites.

I have a friend who plays subeta a lot more than neo; I tried it out awhile ago. Honestly, I like not having 20 pet slots, and that you can't just change your username and pet name on a whim.

And yes, the art is "better". It's great art, but it reminds me of a bunch of teenager art on deviantart or something. I just don't find it creative at all.

And, subeta has this thing where if you give real money to it, it pays off in the game. That to me is very unfair. People who are richer in real life are richer in subeta.

The navigation to me was very hard to get used to. I don't know if it's changed in the last few years, but that's how it was for me.

The only big qualm I have with the words you say is that, subeta is not safer than neopets at all. Because full CSS is used, it is EASY to hack and scam and put in malicious code. It's smaller, yes, so the likelyhood of someone being capable/wanting to do it is smaller, but it is also less secure. I know subeta has had many problems with this. (Didn't Keith have to change the url for a little bit because of breaches?). I don't hold it against subeta at all, as high security on websites is hard to do. But neo only allowing partial CSS is indeed for safety.

I'm glad you found a place that you feel like you fit in, and I hope you get some people who may be bored with neo something fun to do, but it's just not for me. Even though I have been known to get completely bored with neo, and was frozen myself about 5 years back. I think I'll keep coming back to neopets. I just feel more comfortable with the site and do actually enjoy the changes tnt and viacom and whoever have been doing (at least for the most part).

<3

I have a friend who plays subeta a lot more than neo; I tried it out awhile ago. Honestly, I like not having 20 pet slots, and that you can't just change your username and pet name on a whim.

And yes, the art is "better". It's great art, but it reminds me of a bunch of teenager art on deviantart or something. I just don't find it creative at all.

And, subeta has this thing where if you give real money to it, it pays off in the game. That to me is very unfair. People who are richer in real life are richer in subeta.

The navigation to me was very hard to get used to. I don't know if it's changed in the last few years, but that's how it was for me.

The only big qualm I have with the words you say is that, subeta is not safer than neopets at all. Because full CSS is used, it is EASY to hack and scam them. It's smaller, yes, so the likelyhood of someone being capable/wanting to do it is smaller, but it is also less secure. I know subeta has had many problems with hacking. (Didn't Keith have to change the url for a little bit because of breaches?). I don't hold it against subeta at all, as high security on websites is hard to do. But neo only allowing partial CSS is indeed for safety.

I'm glad you found a place that you feel like you fit in, and I hope you get some people who may be bored with neo something fun to do, but it's just not for me. Even though I have been known to get completely bored with neo, and was frozen myself about 5 years back. I think I'll keep coming back to neopets. I just feel more comfortable with the site and do actually enjoy the changes tnt and viacom and whoever have been doing (at least for the most part).

<3

Personally, I feel that neo is the one that looks like its art was drawn by teenagers, but that's just my opinion. :/ Everyone on the staff, including artists, is at least 18.

Subeta has a cash shop where you can purchase items and sell them to the other users. I can't remember if neo allows you to sell NC Mall items to other users or not. But saying that that puts certain users at an advantage isn't completely correct. It's the choice of those users to buy said items with actual money to obtain virtual money/items. You don't have to buy anything with real money to be rich onsite. And for the users that don't buy virtual items with real money, obtaining cash shop items with sP is a pretty decent deal. I have bought cash shop items - not with real money, but with sP. I love the site, but spending real money on virtual things is something that will never be justified in my mind.

Anyway, the 'rich' users of subeta are not necessarily rich because they buy from the cash shop. There are plenty of other ways to get sP - quests, vending, rsing, reselling.

I will admit that the navigation is a little hard to get used to; however, navigation on most pet sites is pretty hard to get used to when you're new. I'm sure that many new players on neopets as well get confused by navigation at first. Once you get used to it, the navigation's not half bad.

Temporarily, yes, the website was changed to subeta.ws. Although I do believe that was around the time of the longcat incident. And full CSS allows for full creativity - there are going to be unscrupulous people on every website. There are going to be some on neo, there are going to be some on subeta.

Also, hacking/scamming CSS - I'm not entirely sure what you're trying to get at there unless you're talking about stealing coding or something. And if we're talking stealing coding, that's easy to do on any website - ctrl + u brings up the coding for the page.

you are more annoying than the annoying orange. u talk more too. get a real job instead of getting paid to promote virtual pet sites :P

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Be nice to other members- There is no need to insult anyone in any way.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

you are more annoying than the annoying orange. u talk more too. get a real job instead of getting paid to promote virtual pet sites :P

I didn't come here to insult you, nor do I feel the need to stoop to your level of name-calling/insulting, much as I'd like to.

and FYI - I'm not getting paid to promote subeta.

I really cant be bothered to read all of this, it's far too long, but I don't see why people are getting so annoyed.

Good luck Indigo with Subeta, I hope you get a lot of players :) I actually really like the pets, the art's really different and cute!

I don't believe that's necessary. If you don't wish to see pet site promotions, don't look at the thread.

Guest iYoshinho

She did not make the site. Keith(owner of subeta) did trying to promote his own site.

Keith's job is probably subeta since he can make money off of it.

if indigo did not make the site, how would she be able to make money off of it

She did not make the site. Keith(owner of subeta) did trying to promote his own site.

Keith's job is probably subeta since he can make money off of it.

if indigo did not make the site, how would she be able to make money off of it

The hypocrisy of this post is what irritates me.

First off, I think you finally understand that I actually didn't make the site. However, neither did Keith. He said so, and I believe him. Whether or not you choose to is completely your choice.

Keith is a web programmer - so yes, subeta is like a job for him. He runs the site, as well as helping out with Agoge Incorporated, Squiby, Valenth, and Neurogalaxy. It's funny you say something like 'Keith's job is probably subeta since he can make money off of it' - you say it in a sense that makes it derogatory, like saying that running a virtual pet site is a bad job. And that's funny, because the people/artists that run neopets? They do the same thing - their jobs are to run neopets. You can't bash people who create subeta and say that that's bad without realizing that you're bashing neo as well. Yes, maybe he makes some money off of it. That money goes to run the site as well as pay the staff's paychecks. Web domains aren't free. That being said, you also seem to be ignoring how much money viacom (or whatever organization owns neopets nowadays) makes off of neopets.

I didn't make the site, so I'm not able to make money off of it? I'm not even sure what you're talking about anymore.

Guest iYoshinho

I do not think you get the point

1.Chillax

2.I said you did not make the site and you cannot make money because of Angelo's post

you are more annoying than the annoying orange. u talk more too. get a real job instead of getting paid to promote virtual pet sites

3.Well I am not a subeta fanatic like you apparently are so excuse the confusion of Keith, Keith is still Keith and that is good enough for me. I couldn't care less on who made it at this point, Keith, you or Lu or me I do not know and I do not care

4.When did I say virtual pet sites is a bad career? That was not the tone I was using that you thought. If there are any ads, you can obviously get money from it, if there are areas for people to donate, that is another, if there is a place for people to buy stuff with real money there is another. Neopets makes tons of money from Neopets Premium,. the ads, NCmall and the fact that Viacom owns it.

5.Web domains are not free but they are also not expensive. Most range from 4-20 dollars for just basic hosting.

6.Quit making me look like a bad person, because it is not working.

I do not think you get the point

1.Chillax

2.I said you did not make the site and you cannot make money because of Angelo's post

3.Well I am not a subeta fanatic like you apparently are so excuse the confusion of Keith, Keith is still Keith and that is good enough for me. I couldn't care less on who made it at this point, Keith, you or Lu or me I do not know and I do not care

4.When did I say virtual pet sites is a bad career? That was not the tone I was using that you thought. If there are any ads, you can obviously get money from it, if there are areas for people to donate, that is another, if there is a place for people to buy stuff with real money there is another. Neopets makes tons of money from Neopets Premium,. the ads, NCmall and the fact that Viacom owns it.

5.Web domains are not free but they are also not expensive. Most range from 4-20 dollars for just basic hosting.

6.Quit making me look like a bad person, because it is not working.

When you said 'Keith's job is probably subeta since he can make money off of it,' it came off as derogatory-sounding to me. If it wasn't intended to be, then my bad; I'm sorry.

Web domains aren't exactly inexpensive. Maybe they're inexpensive if you're planning on running a small web site that few people will visit; however, if you're going to run a pet site, it has to have strong servers to support lag/all the users online at the same time, which is going to cost more than your average pocket change.

This topic has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

This is quickly degrading into a full on arguement. Topic closed.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Per the reason above, this topic has been LOCKED. Please contact Anime if you have any questions regarding this action.