Best Album

Tank Girl

I can't stop listening to Lungs by Florence and The Machine! AMAZING vocalist and such a brilliant album, I highly recommend it to anyone :)

What's the best album you guys have heard in a while??

best recent album ?? well , they're not very recent .. I don't really follow new music anymore ... but from the latest ones I really loved the following :

Muse - The Resistance

Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe

Shakira - Sale El Sol

Adele - 21

Clan Of Xymox - Darkest Hour\

... and thanks for the song .. i totally loved it !!

(posts on facebook)

My absolute favorite album is Brendan James. (By Brendan James. It's his 2nd CD. It came out last fall.)

He's a folk/pop piano player. He has an amazing voice, beautiful lyrics, and his over-all music sound is amazing.

best recent album ?? well , they're not very recent .. I don't really follow new music anymore ... but from the latest ones I really loved the following :

Muse - The Resistance

Depeche Mode - Sounds of the Universe

Shakira - Sale El Sol

Adele - 21

Clan Of Xymox - Darkest Hour\

... and thanks for the song .. i totally loved it !!

(posts on facebook)

Listen to the whole album - it's also called Lungs. Seriously awesome. Drumming is deffo my favourite song by them. I saw them a few years ago in '07, and they're HUGE now. Their songs are even in Glee :| had no idea they'd get so big!!

DEPECHE MODE!! You absolute LEGEND :D They're one of my favourite bands!! As are Muse :) Adele is also amazing, she went to the same Music Uni my boyfriend went to, though not at the same time :P

Violet-The Birthday Massacre

Swan Songs-Hollywood Unead

Hot Fuss-The Killers

Paris Kills-The 69 Eyes

Photographs-Mest

Clone Your Lover-Zeromancer

Meteora-Linkin Park

Walk Among Us-The Misfits

Decemberunderground-AFI

Dark Light-HIM

Sum 41-Does This Look Infected?

Aiden-Nightmare Anatomy

Kittie-Until The End

The Offsrping-Americana

Less Than Jake-In With The Outcrowd

Halifax-The Inventablility of a Strange World

Evanescence-Fallen

Jeffree Star-Beauty Killer

Alkaline Trio-Crimson

An Ocean Between Us-As I Lay Dying

White Pony-Deftones

Demanufacture-Fear Factory

Tidal-Fiona Apple

Led Zeppelin IV-Led Zeppelin(obviously)

Lest We Forget-The Best of Marylin Manson-Marylin Manson

Blood Mountain-Mastadon

Cover Up-Ministry

WOW! I must really love music!

-So Wrong, It's Right - All Time Low (probably my absolute favorite album that I've listened to recently)

-Put Up or Shut Up - All Time Low (yeah, this is an EP, but that still counts, right? xD)

-Lungs - Florence + The Machine (I thought they'd never get big either)

-Ladyhawke's eponymous album (I hope she releases more music!)

-Morning View - Incubus

-Superunknown - Soundgarden

-The Hazards of Love - The Decemberists (how could I have originally forgotten this? D:)

-The Pains of Being Pure at Heart's eponymous album

-Carnavas - Silversun Pickups

-Self Taught Magic From a Book - Je suis Animal (love this band, wish they were a lot more well-known though)

-Drowned in a Sea of Sound - The Daysleepers

Yeah, I think that's it.

DEPECHE MODE!! You absolute LEGEND

hehe , they're in my top 5 .. i have all their discography and countless remixes :)

saw them on August 31, 2001 in Vilnius , Lithuania (Exciter Tour)

Oooh if we're makin lists ;) - a lot of these are old, so I'm kind of going off my own topic, but whatever :P

Chase & Status - More Than A Lot (this album isn't their most recent, but I think it's better)

The Smiths - Hatful of Hollow

Coheed and Cambria - ANY album, seriously

Rodrigo Y Gabriela - 11:11

Soho Dolls - Ribbed Music for the Numb Generation

The Blood Brothers - Crimes

Gogol Bordello - Gypsy Punks

White Rose Movement - Kick (Angelo - if you like Depeche Mode you will LOVE these guys!)

Tegan & Sara - So Jealous

Tool - Any album, but particularly 10,000 Days

Also Beethoven, Chopin & Bruch - Don't have 'albums' per say but their music is loveleh ^_^

Lungs is soo rockin', I don't think people really understand haha

Can't wait for the new album, I saw an article of her talking about it not too long ago.

Haha I know what you mean, I'm listening to it for the fourth time today o_O

Oooh! I wonder if they'll do the same style or change genre for the next one... A lot of bands tend to take a new direction after their first major album - I hope they dont!!

I literally cried when I saw them live, haha. Florence was wearing a big flowy dress thing and banging a HUGE drum, dancing around the stage singing her soul out, It was so intense!

These are only a few of my favorite albums. I love all the songs in each, but I linked to my favorite from each for fun.

Gorillaz- Demon Days (

)

Mother Mother- Touch Up (

)

Mother Mother- O My Heart (Try To Change)

Shiina Ringo- Heisei Fūzoku (Sakuran)

Susumu Hirasawa- White Tiger Field (The Girl in Byakkoya/White Tiger Field) This man is by far my favorite musician. I love all his albums and all his songs. A very big inspiration to me. ^^

Hmm, there's not too many FULL albums I can recommend, but three artists pretty much have it down on all of their albums:

Any Owl City album. Adam Young is a great acoustic/electronic writer and his lyrics are beautiful. There's a brand new Owl City album out which I haven't listened to, but right now my favorite OC album is Ocean Eyes.

Any Mayday Parade album. One of the best pop-rock bands out there. Probably half of their songs are love songs, but thats okay because they do a GREAT job with them. Their newest album is coming soon, but any long-term Mayday Parade fan would probably suggest their older music.

Any Enter Shikari album. Hardcore/electronic band from the UK that really does a great job in the studio and out. There's some screaming if you're into that stuff, and most of their lyrics are about politics and similar issues. They also have a new album coming out, but either of their first two would be a great investment if the genre interests you. They actually signed to an American record label TODAY (Hopeless Records) so they should be coming here more often. :)

I didn't post any links, but hopefully you guys know how to work Google :P

• 2 weeks later...

Any Owl City album. Adam Young is a great acoustic/electronic writer and his lyrics are beautiful. There's a brand new Owl City album out which I haven't listened to, but right now my favorite OC album is Ocean Eyes.

I agree with that, Noog. -_-

The best album to me, that I've ever heard is:

We Sing, We Dance, We Steal Things by Jason Mraz

To me, this never gets old. Jason has a great voice and his music really means something, to me. :yes: