New Paint Brush Colors

Since there have been a lot of new colors lately, and since the most recent new addition, Swamp Gas, seems to be causing quite a ruckus I thought I would start a topic on the subject. I know these paint brush topics get brought up a lot, but it doesn't seem like they are going to stop making new colors any time soon, so why not take a fresh look at everyone's favorite neo-item.

• What do you think about all the new colors being made? Do you have a favorite/least favorite?
  • Do you have a dream color you want them to create? Try to keep this limited to *NEW* ideas. We all know about tartan and jewel, so let's think of other possibilities.

I personally really love that they are releasing a lot of the new colors. I think it helps diversify/personalize peoples goals, and in the end a great variety of PB's may lower the overall cost of PB's. Woodland and Maractite are really fantastic picks in my opinion; the art is top notch and it's a fresh idea. However, swamp gas is too much like snot, and while 8-bit was a great idea I think the art work is poorly executed.

I would love to see them create more funny colors. I know clown has been mentioned before, so I won't go there, but stuff like that. Today, for example, I was thinking pets made to look like balloon animals would be really fun. They might end up looking too much like Jelly, but if done right I think the art could be really beautiful and fun. I tried my hand at making some sample, but I'm not quite good enough to get it right...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I adore that they're coming up with new colors as well. Keeping the site diverse and interesting is something I think TNT is striving for, as a lot of players have been mentioning getting bored with Neopets. I can't say I really have a favorite, except I really like this Zombie thing. Wish they would work on releasing more pets in that color. As for least favorite, I've never been a fan of Split. The orange and purple...I don't know who came up with that but I do not agree.

I like the new colors. I think the Swamp Gas color is a bit.....well....gross. My favorite color for Neopets are Darigan and Mutant.

I think there should be exclusive colors for diffrent species. I've always thought that a "Velvet" color would be cute for Cybunnies because of the Velveteen Rabbit. For Unis a My Little Pony esque color would be cute with little tattoos on the hips. I also think an "anime" color that makes Neopets look like Japanese cartoons would be wicked cool.

There are pros and cons. Diversity is good, but the most recent colors are still really really expensive.

Colors in general have become a status thing. It's not good enough anymore to have painted pets. They have to be painted something really expensive (and not necessarily rare) to be considered as worthy. It's annoying.

As for new colors, I think Clown would be awesome. There would be different PB clothes for each of the pets.

I love that TNT has been releasing such a large variety of colors lately. Woodland, 8-bit, Transparent, Maractite and the new Swamp Gas colors are fine additions to the current selection of colors we have available for our pets. In my opinion, they are all very creative ideas and most of them have been executed fabulously. 8-bit I am not super impressed with. It seems to be pretty hit-and-miss so far. My personal favorite of the new colors (and maybe even overall) are the Transparent pets. I like that they made the insides of the pets make enough sense but still keep a cartoony style. The Mynci looks especially awesome.

I don't like that the new Swamp Gas color is being compared to Snot. To me, it's like comparing Transparent pets to Invisible pets or Magma to Fire. Yes, they each share a sort of theme, but each of these colors are executed differently. Snot pets, as you would guess, are lime green, dripping and look like snot. The Swamp Gas Kau is completely composed of gas with green fumes surrounding it. Yes, they are both gross pets, but no I don't agree that they are similar at all.

2.pngkau_swampgas_happy.png

I'm sort of hoping for a big update some time this year with a lot of pets getting new colors, but I have no idea how that would effect the neopian economy!

I adore the new colors, especially Woodland because a lot of pets looks nice in it, but I don't really like the split color because it looks nothing special at all, and the invisible color because ... well, I don't get the point of it.

About the new colors, I would love to see the food color released, any pets painted in that color would look like as if they were made out of certain foods, like say, the Food Acara's horns looks like bananas, the Food Tonu's mane resembles a cabbage, the Food Pteri's legs looks like drumsticks, etc. you get the idea!

I personally hate the swamp gas on principle. It's just not an attractive idea.

That being said, it is beautifully executed. The lines are soft and watery and the tones in the pet work really well together.

I really hate how many new colors have been rolled out in quick succession without too much attention being paid to old colors. I want to see more Maraquan, Pirate, Plushie, even the last of the Darigan pets before they roll out anymore new colors.

Of the new(er) colors, my favorites would be Transparent and Maractite (and Zombie, but it's older).

Transparent and Maractite have been beautifully done so far and are nice concepts. Zombie has also been done very well.

My least favorites would 8-bit and Relic.

Relic is just uninteresting and 8-bit doesn't fit with the "look" of Neopets.

For new colors, I would like to see a glitter paint brush with bright jewel tones or a Shenkuu paint brush with lots of Asian-inspired clothes and accessories.

Actually, I'd just like to see them work on the old colors. >.<

P.S. Does anyone else find it strange there's still not a Tyrannian Grarrl?

I love 8-bit, even though it could be a bit better executed. Im also a big fan of Maraquan and Transparent. Relic looks too much like the (retired) Stone PB for my tastes.

As for the new Swamp Gas, well, a new PB is better than nothing :P I can see it being one of the cheaper ones.

I'd love to see a Neovian PB, kind of an Old School PB along the lines of Royal...

I actually really like the new color and am looking forward to seeing more. The one I'm not too thrilled with is 8-bit. It's cute, but I don't see a lot happening with it.

As for new colors...Hmmm...First thing that came to mind is "tarred and feathered". lol....Or "Kawaii"; supercute but bigger than Baby (I hate the lack of clothing options with Baby).

I think Swamp Gas is quite an interesting concept; it's such an unusual and unexpected idea, but they've done a good job with the Kau so far. I suppose if I had to pick a favourite, it's either Woodland or Maractite.

I'd quite like it if TNT activated the Lutari Island PB for the Rainbow Pool ... that would be a such fun colour to have.

I also think an "anime" color that makes Neopets look like Japanese cartoons would be wicked cool.

Oh I really like this idea. Anything that gives the TNT artists a challenge usually yields exciting results. I'm sure they get board drawing in the same style all the time, and would welcome to branch out into things like Anime.

However, I also really agree with what a lot of people are saying about updating/finishing the older colors. There are still very scant numbers in certain paintbrush categories, and I would especially like to see the remainder of the Jelly pets; that's always been a favorite of mine.

I'd quite like it if TNT activated the Lutari Island PB for the Rainbow Pool ... that would be a such fun colour to have.

THIS. Stop making new silly things, and finish old things up!

I want to see every pet available in maractite before they keep coming out with new colors that only have one or two pets available

I don't really dislike the look of the new Swamp Gas color, I just dislike the idea of it, what with it being another in the "Gross" category, name-wise at least.

I also agree with everyone on the point of releasing more pets in the already released colors. I get that new PBs means a drop in price, which is great considering some of the "best" PB colors are so pricy, like Faerie. However, it'd be nice to be able to paint my Xweetok Woodland or at least see a few more Woodland & Maracite pets before they continue to roll out new colors.

Also, I think the Shenkuu PB sounds like an awesome concept. I'd also like to see more PBs that change the art style, like Maraquan. It takes away some customization options, but adds a lot more variety to the pets.

I think that a lot of the newer colors are really cool- especially Maractite and 8-bit.. I don't really like Relic all that much, it's kinda boring. I also don't really care much for Swamp Gas, it looks like a stinkier knockoff of Glowing.

Now for color ideas...I think Cheese, Caramel and maybe even Butter would look cool. We already have Ice, Chocolate and Jelly, so I think we need more food-themed pets. Also, glittery/sparkly pets would look nice, as long as they don't look too cheap or tacky.

P.S. Does anyone else find it strange there's still not a Tyrannian Grarrl?

That would be like a Maraquan Flotsam or Jetsam. They're already from the sea.. Just like how Grarrl is already from Tyrannia.

A ninja paint brush could be the same as a shenkuu paint brush! have "shenkuu girl" and "shenkuu boy" one looks kinda like a geisha, the other looks like a ninja. Plus PB clothes. Oh yes.

Oh I really like this idea...I mean the feminist in mean says, "Girls are ninja's too."

But the part of me that wants cool and diverse neopet art is like YEAH! That's awesome!

I always kind of wanted a Gingerbread color. I know it's similar to Christmas, but it would still be unique and in my opinion pets could look really cute as little gingerbread cookies.

What's that infamous users account with all the self drawn ideas for PBs?

There's a few really awesome ones from there.

As for the topic, a few years ago someone posted here about how they were running out of colors and really wished Neo would release many more new color options (they doubted that would happen) and now that that is happening, I say bring it on! Neopets can't stay the same way for ever and the more growth the game gets, thru new paint brushes or otherwise, is always welcomed by me!

I would love to see an anime color. Maybe a gijinga(spelling) color. Ninja color, for sure.

And about Lutari PBs. They looke very similar to MI PBs, and what would it look like? It's like magma and fire. <_<

Oh I really like this idea...I mean the feminist in mean says, "Girls are ninja's too."

But the part of me that wants cool and diverse neopet art is like YEAH! That's awesome!

change gender -> still have clothes :D hehe.

I mean. yeah, I thought of that too, but still. I wish they would do that :)

What's that infamous users account with all the self drawn ideas for PBs?

There's a few really awesome ones from there.

I have been trying to find this ever since I started this topic...I was going to post it, so people could use it to get new ideas.

If someone finds it, please post it and I'll add it to the OP, so that we can all look at it and build ideas off of it.

change gender -> still have clothes :D hehe.

Oh, Duh! I'm an idiot for not thinking of this.