Which Neopet species is the most underrated?

Sakabato

I think Gnorbus and Ogrins are underrated. I think they are both so stinking cute! I love my Ogrin Xenophilicks (Xeno for short) and my Gnorbu Cohent. They are way too stinkin' cute! :laughingsmiley: And I don't think Kougra's are overrated either! Elyassin my purple Kougra is my favorite pet! He is so sweet!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Overated = Draiks and Krawks (or Kraiks and Drawks as I saw someone say once) and Kougras.

Or Lutaris. I couldn't agree with you more; I think most people just want them because those elusive species are just seen as a status symbol, as Cornflakes said. And it is also annoying how people think certain species and colors are STATUS SYMBOLS than actual pets. That's how they're viewing those poor species. I would only want one if I had a charatcer for them.

Kougras...eh I guess they kind of are, but I find Shoyrus and Xweetoks a bit more overrated (ironic since I own a Xwee, and a Kougie)

Underrated...Skeiths. Any of those species people think are too ugly because they want pretty girlie Unis. :grrr: Neopia needs more male pets, seriously!

But my all time fave species is and always will be the Aisha, maybe they're underrated, maybe they're overrated, depending upon your point of veiw.

I thought people loved usuls! I know I do, I think they're one of the cutest. I had an usul that was painted just about every possible color by the lab ray, so my closet is FILLED with usul clothes.

And I agree with the people who said elephantes. I love my maraquan elephante... she even got a best dressed trophy cuz she's so cute!

I really do think Grundos are totallyunderrated. But we all seem to forget that quiggles, and elephantes are usually over looked. But yes Draiks and Krawks are overated... (oh and I am testing new fonts so sorry if it was bothersome to read!)

The Peophin is the most underrated neopet in my opinion. I never see anyone talking about it. I've never seen a user with one as a pet either.

Why? They're pretty

Peophins are one of my favorites ...

does this answer your question ? this is my RG peophin :D

2.png

I think Rukis are underrated. I quite like Rukis - my best pet on my former main account is a Ruki (admittedly, Biskit has now overlapped her as my best).

customisation-wise, I love Rukis (and Lennies) for the fact that they look best in long dresses because of their height, which other species (severely) lack. Rukis also have an added bonus in that you can go really Victorian-themed with them and they create a more authentic look to them because their backsides look like a bustle (or crionlette) when the dress has been worn.

I have thought about this a lot actually, and I have certain pets I plan to create based on what species I think is cool and not as popular. My top five underrated pets are Gnorbu, Lenny, Ogrin, Ruki, and Bori. But before I begin I refer everyone to the popularity list: http://www.neopets.com/topneopets.phtml. I think lot of people are saying really popular pets are underrated just because they like them, and want to see more of them. But if they are popular pets then it doesn't really make since to call them underrated. Grundo's for example are 11th on the list of 53. I would hardly call that underrated.

Once you skip past all of the LE or otherwise rare pets...you see that the Gnorbu is at the bottom of the list. I don't get it?! I think Gnorbu's are adorable, and they have a lot of really beautiful paint options. Their faerie is one of my favorites, and the chocolate too.

Then of course right above them is the Lenny, which blows my mind because the Pink, Faerie, and Rainbow Lenny's are amazing, and just those colors alone should merit them a better place on the list. It's a flamingo, a peacock, and a parrot! I mean come on people.

Then Ogrins and Ruki's I don't feel strongly about, but I do think they are much cooler than a lot of the pets ranked above them. So, last but not least the Bori...he's on the upper half of the list, so he's not that underrated, but I'm partial to Boris because they look like cuter versions of an armadillo, and I'm a Texas girl. Again a lot of really awesome paint colors for the Bori, like Robot and Halloween. Plus, I really like Jelly pets and I think the artwork on the Jelly bori is one of the better ones.

The thing about that list is it goes by the number of created Neopets. So since it doesn't count morphed/transmogrified/zapped Neopets, it's not really accurate :laughingsmiley:

For example, you can't say that Draiks or Cybunnies are unpopular, yet there are less of them than say, Flotsams.

That said, I think Grundos are pretty underated. They're really adorable, and yet you see a lot of really badly named ones in the pound :( Skeiths too. I kinda want a skeith, but I wish they didn't stand up. I liked them better on all fours. :P

Hehe...Quiggles are awesome. I used to like Lennies(but I like every kind of Neopet). In fact I wanted to morph one of my pets into a Split Lenny and I asked my mom what she thought and she was like "Nooooo!!!! Don't morph your pet into that crazy bird thing!". Then started talking to my cat(we're a VERY fun family despite my moments)she said "And it will come out of the computor and it will try to eat you, and Tucker(my other cat)will think you're crazy because you are the only one who will be able to see it" Then I came in and said "And it will go "Vaaah! Chuckalahhhh!!! Rurrr turr tada dah dah!!!!" so now, Lennies are reffered to Chuckalah birds by me.

I think Usuls are underrated, nobody seems to have them anymore. Same with Techos, I like Techos though and Usuls. Spread the Techo/Usul love!

i hear you,succubus princess.For me,even that usuls and techos aren't the most populated neopets they still are my favorites.From my opinion the koi,tonu,moehog,buzz and gnorbu are many neopets that i haven't seen in a while :yes: .

Kau have gotten some insanely cute colors lately...I'm actually pondering starting a side to get the Mutant and Swamp Gas ones on, at least.

I like the Ruki's as well, they seem to do well with being customized. And some of the colors for the Tuskaninny are really cool.

(amusing note, I went to the list to double check, and it gave me a very cheap Battle Fairie quest.)

As a long time Pet Owner (since 2004), I've noticed trends in 'underrated pets'. Usually this is reflected by what pet gets pounded the most, regardless of names, the amount of times I've seen Skeiths, Grundos, Yurbles and the ocassional Shoyru in there has made me lose count.

Yes, everyone wants the illusive pets, the Draiks, the Krawks, the Lutari and the other LE pets. But I've found that I've been able to enjoy Neopets more with my seven pets on my main and spare- My Kougra, Lenny, Hissi, Gelert, Peophin, Ruki and Usul.

Besides, I've found out that it's not about whether a pet's underrated or not- it's how it develops a personality as you play with it. :)

• 4 weeks later...

Honestly I think the Lenny is by far the most underrated. I've always thought they were adorable, and they're the least popular pet besides the LE ones and the Gnorbu which is relatively new. Lennies are really old but still less popular than pets that were created years later. I adore the lenny <3