Computer Games that you used to play when you were young

Ohh wow, I loved Carmen San Diego! I only had the Where in Time and Where in the World ones, and I loved the time one. Except I couldn't get past the American Revolution part with the Declaration of Independence because a section got stuck under another and I couldn't get them un-stuck....

I found part two of it today and was super excited for a second but realized I still had no idea where part one was, so I couldn't play it :/

Other than that though, I used to play Cluefinders all the time (there were like 12 different ones for each grade) and a bunch of gamecube games (Kirby Air Ride, Super Smash, Legend of Zelda etc etc)

Mario Kart, Mario 64, and the Kirby game that was on the 64. Three of my favorites from when I was little. =) I still love them all. The 64 actually had some great graphics! =o

- I used to LOVE "Where In Time Is Carmen San Diego" (which I still play every once in a while during the summer and am bored)

- I cannot remember the name but there were little blue creatures that you chose the features of then you tried to get all 20 of them across bridges and rivers and other obstacles to get them to the new home for all the little blue creatures like them. I wish I could remember the name.

- Roller Coaster/Zoo Tycoons

- I also liked "The Sims" but I still play the newer ones so I don't count that as when I was little.

I must say, I probably played more console games growing up than computer games. (The computer wasn't as easy to use for a five-year-old back on Windows 95... My older brother played lots of floppy disk games but I only knew how to use MS Paint to make squiggly line pictures of cats & mommy & whatnot!) We had an original Nintendo & a Sega when I was growing up and we played those things to death! Not allowed to save? That's okay - just pause, turn off the TV screen, come back in a couple hours! So many hours of Sonic the Hedgehog... Plus all those Disney games for Sega (Lion King... Aladdin... etc.)! I remember being so incredibly impressed when my dad bought a PlayStation with its super cool discs! Oh gosh... And the graphics... But now I'm rambling, haha!

"Back in my day...!" xD

• 3 weeks later...

Oh man, this thread is making me nostalgic, although I see quite a few non-computer games being listed. ;)

Let's see:

Tycoon games: roller coaster, zoo, ski resort

Croc 1 and 2 (CROC HAS THE BEST SOUNDTRACK EVER, FACT)

Magic School Bus (I think I had the Space one, and the rainforest one)

Richard Scarry's Busytown (Baking bread!)

Mavis Beacon

Zoombinis

Treasure Cove and Treasure Mountain

Age of Empires II

Heroes of Might and Magic IV

LEGO ISLAND (YES)

Lego Racers (mom took the game away, and we never saw it again :()

Oregon Trail never worked properly, stupid disk. But I played it at school

Jump Start 2nd Grade (i think that was the one)

GIZMOS AND GADGETS (I really want to play it again, but i don't know what happened to it)

I can't remember the rest, but that's the majority of them

Oh man, i'm so nostalgic right now. I wish my old games still worked, but a lot of them were like...Windows 95 :( I have AOE installed though...

other than the famous Atari games of the 80's (yes I'm that old) .... I loved Super Mario , Sonic , Donkey Kong , Mortal Kombat , Street Fighter and the Fifa series ...

I used to play:

Roller Coaster Tycoon

Lemmings

Zoombinis

Backyard Basketball

Backyard Football

Backyard Baseball

Extremely Goofy Skateboarding

I can't remember any others... <_<

Zoo Tycoon - I even had the Seaworld and Dino expansion packs :D

I also played jump start, and this weird game like "Math Masters" or something like that.

I also played Bauldur's Gate, but that's not really a kids game... :whistle: I started playing that and games like Heretic and Thief when I was 10-11.

Paper Boy was my favourite. I also remember Pac-Man and Daley Thompson's Decathlon. For the ZX Spectrum.

I can't really remember others.

Way back when I was a kid, my first gaming console was the ZX Spectrum. Games at that time were on cassette tape! The controls were a keyboard and a joystick!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX_Spectrum

E.t.a.: And Road Rash for the Sega Mega Drive that my brother had.

Ohhhhh I also had a game called Wild Rides: Water Park Factory

I just wanted to tell everybody, that because of this one Topic I've gone back and located a few of these games and am now in the process of trying to buy them... again.... :laughingsmiley: for which, I give everybody a big THANKS! :)

I was always a fan of Where in the World is Carmen SanDiego? Being from San Diego, I thought it was pretty amazing.

Yea i had that too. i still play it but its hard

not so much the computer, but I was always playing games when i was little

I remember when I made my friend would almost break my controllers when I owned him over and over at Mario Kart

We also played Power Stone on Dreamcast and Mortal Kombat on the Genesis, even though it was before our time

he'd always win at those fighting games, I was never good with the button mashing

and we'd always put in the gore cheat code for Mortal Kombat, even though we were like 6 yet we still stay calm sane people!

that brings back memories :)

not so much the computer, but I was always playing games when i was little

I remember when I made my friend would almost break my controllers when I owned him over and over at Mario Kart

We also played Power Stone on Dreamcast and Mortal Kombat on the Genesis, even though it was before our time

he'd always win at those fighting games, I was never good with the button mashing

and we'd always put in the gore cheat code for Mortal Kombat, even though we were like 6 yet we still stay calm sane people!

that brings back memories :)

I used to be like that too!

I used to hate Mortal Kombat(and I still do)! Its just too violent for a little kid. It can give you nightmares! :sad02:

When I was little.. the only computer game available was solitaire and minesweeper. :<

Thats sad :sad02:

I never really understood minesweeper (not that I understand it now). I never played Solitaire when I was a little kid. I thought it was too complicated. :D

• 3 weeks later...