Neopets Won't Support Internet Explorer 7!

hrtbrk

i dont like ie at all. its so slow, google chrome is much better. this doesnt really affect me, but i should tell my brother who should now switch to chrome. thanks for telling us! :laughingsmiley:

Just in case anyone out there is still using IE7 here are some links to where you can download a replacement...

Firefox: http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/

Chrome: http://www.google.com/chrome

Updated IE: http://www.microsoft.com/windows/internet-explorer/default.aspx

lol, my mom uses ie too. but chrome rocks your socks! :woot: the Java experiments for chrome are looking really spiffy :laughingsmiley:

I wonder if getting rid of browsers might mean TNT might work on addressing the "Shockwave Issue". Dun dun dunnnnn

Nobody really uses IE anyway, it's pretty unanimously agreed that IE sucks. I'm ashamed to say I use it for my main, but it's Vista, so that's ok. But it's still limited - it likes to go slower, and crash every now and then. :P Which is why I have to use Chrome for many other things, it's much nicer than IE. Don't like FF as much, can't get Flash plugins to work on that thing!

However, I don't use Internet Explorer 7. The latest I have is Internet Explorer 8, even though I've been using Chrome nowadays as my browser.

users still using Internet Explorer 7 will no longer be able to access Neopets

Not true! :) Not supporting IE7 isn't the same as denying access to IE7.

We test new features in several browsers before release, and all this announcement means is that IE7 is no longer in that list. So new features may work fine in IE7, or they may look funny, or they may be completely broken. Either way, we won't be fixing them because that browser is no longer supported.

So there's no need to upgrade. You'll still have access to the site either way. But it's a good idea, not only to be sure new features work fine on Neopets, but because new browsers fix security holes and keep you safer across the Internet. *nod*

Aggressively dropping support for older browser versions is the way to go. :yes: I only wish IE6 would hurry up and die completely...

lol, my mom uses ie too. but chrome rocks your socks! :woot: the Java experiments for chrome are looking really spiffy :laughingsmiley:

That's not Java, that's JavaScript - there's a major difference. ;)

I was actually quite sad when I found this out, as I was an avid IE user ...

But then I switched to Google Chrome and it's a lot better :P

I wonder if getting rid of browsers might mean TNT might work on addressing the "Shockwave Issue". Dun dun dunnnnn

Yes! omg this would be amazing ............... just saying lol. It bugs me not being able to play certain games! :(

I wish ALL versions of IE would die horrible, speedy deaths. DEATH TO IE

While we're wishing for the perfect web, I'll throw in the complete elimination of the monstrosity known as Flash. :yes: