Food Club Club

Fever

Neopets Username: yuletide_cheer

How much do you bet on the food club?: the max, around 58k

How much have you profited from the Food Club, if you've bet?: 622567 nps/230 bets

Tomorrow looks bad for betting. Lots of low odds, hardly any 13:1's and one bracket with no 2:1 pirate at all. Sheesh. I may not bet.

Accepted ^_^

Yeah. I'm probably not going to bet.. Shazeni's bets still have a nice amount of risk and the odds are nice, NP wise, and she says "safer but boring." Definitey considering betting with her bets. But Jamila's, on the other hand, are classic Jamila bets. Low risk, low payout. But they are really synchronized nicely to maximise payout :P

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Weird.. When I posted I swear at least Jamila's said 25th o.O Now i"m confused, lol!

I've got enough NP to probably bet tomorrow. I earned like 65k today *woo* which is really awesome considering I've been slipping. I just need to keep that up and I could have a draik in like 5 months. :thumbsup:

--

As an announcement ::

Updating the club mainpage on weekends will continue to get a bit tricky, but I've got an online course at 11 NST, so I should be able to do it then. Updates WILL be a bit later than usual... If you want to add your opinion on betting today if I haven't updated the page yet, don't hesitate to post about it like we all have been. :)

Well Jamila's page is up now. I wish Shazeni updated earlier than he does. I hate waiting. At least I was able to identify a problem with the bets I'd come up with.

Jamila's bets look good. At least she told us about her accidental bet, and told us what to put there. You're right, though. Shazeni seriously needs to update faster. It's OK on weekends and days off, but on work/school days it's not helping many people.

I'm looking at Jamila's guide right now and I don't even know what to do from looking at it..it's got multiple rounds and im so confuseeeddd!!!

*pats and hands chocolate*

xD

You can make more than one bet. What I do is I resize my browser to maybe 3/4 of my screen and open up Notepad, then I copy/paste one bet of ehrs at a time (where it says something like Lagoon: Scurvy Dan the Blade and ab unch of other locations/names, and only the locations and names) into NotePad. Then go to the "Place a Bet" page and select the locations she has listed (the word before the colon is the location), then from the dropdown list select the pirate the guide-bet says. You can have a maximum of 10 bets, which is why all the guides always have 10 bets (to maximise your chance of a win). :)

Yes, just follow her bets when you're starting out. She'll tell you when you can change her bets if you want, and the rest of the time you can just leave them alone. You won't win all of the time, but you will have a much better chance of winning something.

Found an interesting set of bets for today. All 2 pirate combos, that stack really nicely. The only problem is it relies exclusively on Gooblah to win. That makes me nervous. It's here if you want to check it out: http://www.neopets.com/~Malvoliow

well ..... zero for me today lol .. all of jamila's bets lost

Yow D: But at least you're still ahead overall, right?

so would it be like really wise to just follow his/her bets exactly? because id do that hands down.

Yeah. Yesterday was a bad example, but it IS gambling, so there are always going to be loss days. The good thing is, these betting guides' writers know what they're doing, and they synchronise the bets to cover as many bases as possible, and still try and get you as many NP's from a win as possible. But still, the long-shot can win (like the race horse, Funny Cide) and give everybody a surprise.

Yes, just follow her bets when you're starting out. She'll tell you when you can change her bets if you want, and the rest of the time you can just leave them alone. You won't win all of the time, but you will have a much better chance of winning something.

Found an interesting set of bets for today. All 2 pirate combos, that stack really nicely. The only problem is it relies exclusively on Gooblah to win. That makes me nervous. It's here if you want to check it out: http://www.neopets.com/~Malvoliow

Yeah. And once you've got a good idea about the FC and have bet for a while, you can probably try making your own edits to the bets and see how they do, but I wouldn't do that right when you're starting. Shazeni usually has a brief description, but Jamila really does a good job at helping with edit possibilities.

Haha, sounds like a mini-Jamila with the Gooblah bit xD I can't check it now because I'm at school, but when I get home I will :D

Got about 30k profit from Shazeni's bets, woohoo! :D I don't even know what I'm saving for anymore haha xD

I just go for the double up. Look to see who has a 2:1 odds, and if that category has higher odds too. i just pick the 2:1 and win (almost) everytime. good way to easily double what you put it. wont make any big np but its a nice steady income.

That's great, Laura.

I think I've got my bets narrowed down. I'm avoiding Treasure Island and Lagoon entirely, as the odds are too close there. I'm a little worried that I don't have any real safeties, but not sure what I'd cut from the bets I've got written down. I think I'll be okay though. Don't want to over think it again!

one of jamila'swon me 28k..which amounts to like a 10k profit..nice.

Sweet!! And the profits begin! :)

That's great, Laura.

I think I've got my bets narrowed down. I'm avoiding Treasure Island and Lagoon entirely, as the odds are too close there. I'm a little worried that I don't have any real safeties, but not sure what I'd cut from the bets I've got written down. I think I'll be okay though. Don't want to over think it again!

Yeah. I get worried when Jamila or Shazeni rely on tight odds like that. Safeties are always a good thing. Do you have bets where people can take out so-and-so and put in so-and-so-2?

No, not really. I needed to have one Fed + Buck bet to make up for two others that were going to be short on winnings, and my only bet that's close to a safety is one with Ol' Stripey. Of course, I could have just picked Fed and Buck as my sure winners and had plenty of space for safety bets, but I included Gooblah and Tailhook just in case. I think Gooblah's a danger to win even at a -2 Food Adjustment.

I notice I'm not on your members list yet. Did you forget me? ;)

No, not really. I needed to have one Fed + Buck bet to make up for two others that were going to be short on winnings, and my only bet that's close to a safety is one with Ol' Stripey. Of course, I could have just picked Fed and Buck as my sure winners and had plenty of space for safety bets, but I included Gooblah and Tailhook just in case. I think Gooblah's a danger to win even at a -2 Food Adjustment.

I notice I'm not on your members list yet. Did you forget me? ;)

Awh! But Stripey's actually a good safety.. at least sometimes. he's pulled through a couple times for me xD

Yeah. Goob has all the luck getting the locations where he's allergic to stuff, but he's still a good pirate to bet on.. Balance D:

Hehe thanks for reminding me. I keep saying "Okay edit members post" and I totally space. *durh*

I is still not on the member list XD

Anyway, today I hit the 3000 NP per bet mark :) yays!

Gahh!! Thanks for reminding me too, Xepha! i updated everyone's member listing xD

Woohoo! Congrats :D I'm 800 off, blerh!

Woohoo!!! Jamila's bets tripled today!!! :D This day has been SO great omg!!!!! :)

WOOT!!! :D Shazeni let some people down yesterday.. High risk low payout. I'm looking forward to seeing what Jamila has in store for bets for the 27th!!

Yuck, I lost two bets in a row where one pet was 2:1 and the others were like 6-10. I guess FC doesn't like me :sad01_anim:.

Awh D:

What betting guide did you use? Or did you make your own bets?

I won 36:10 today, same as Tracey (Jamila) would have gotten me. Not bad. The one I was considering ended up being a 144:10 win, wow! I still think it was a bit too risky, but maybe I'm still too much of a beginner at this. I'll watch his bets for the future.

Woot! Sweet! :D

Whoa. That's an amazing bet o.o

Yeah. I've only been doing the FC for like a month and a half ish, and i still try and get the simple ones but I've learned a lot about it - enough to make at least decent estimates on who looks like they've got good safeties/bets in general. As Rafiki once quoted, "The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step." Oh I'm so cliche xD

--

GOOD NEWS! I've got a study hall/my online class 6th hour (like, 10 NST), so I should be able to get this updated a bit easier.

I'm looking for someone who'd like to be the official bet-reporter and "VP" of the FCC. All you'd have to do is kinda what I do, update people on who looks like a good betting guide to use, and to PM me with Shazeni/Jamila/etc's betting guides as early as possible. You'd also get the words "Vice President" next to your name on the main post. If you want to apply, shoot me a PM on here with your application. It might be first-come-first-serve, but I'll see how it turns out :P And obviously it's for members only, and anyone who joins after this won't be eligible just to be sure it's not someone registering just to be a VP type thing xP