Draiks & Krawks

AngieJules

Hi all,

Let me start by saying that I do not have anything personally against either one of them and am not "hating" because I don't have one.

That said--avatars aside--are they worth all the hype?

I do like the look of the draik, they are sooo pretty, but until I'm making a million a day in interest I'm not willing to pay the price!!

Otherwise the avatars are probably the big thing!

I too like Draiks, however only the faerie ones. Not a fan of Krawks though, even if they are a "restrictred neopet".

I might by one for my brother before I buy one for myself---he buys into all the hype.

I love Draiks, not because they are expensive and valued, but because they look so nice and are so good for customizing. I how clothing fits on them. My favorite colors are Faerie, Royal Girl, and Desert. :D

I could never afford one, but I am more attracted to the look of Krawks. For some reason when i see a krawk, I assume it is strong. Probably because the petpet krawk says its as strong as a fully grown neopet... I think Maraquan Krawks are pretty sweet. Among others

Personally, I never got the purpose of any limited edition pets, let alone the Draik and Krawk. To me it's purely a status/bragging rights thing, and while most of the LE pets are nice, they're not something I would spend millions on. If I wanted the avs (which I do), I'd wait for the Lab to zap my pet or just get them lent to me.

I agree. But I think that having a LE pet or special painted or something isnt even all that amazing. I am much more impressed by a strong battle bet. or having a bunch of trophies and avatars. It is just a frivolous use of money to me. I understand that to others it is nice, but I think, if I can get it by a lucky zap at the lab ray, then why not? But even then, I would probably keep zapping it.

Draiks are like Twilight to me. Like them, are interested in them, but the obsession with them turns me off to ever owning one. I'm not talking about the people who work their butts off the achieve their dream pet, I'm talking about the crazies who want everything and everything to be made for Draiks ASAP and get angry if something is made for another species first. That and the people who think their Draik is superior to other pets.

Step off, you psychos.

Krawks aren't my favorite species, but I've been semi saving up for one for almost a year and a half. LOL :whistle:

It depends on the person. Many people don't like them for some reasons, many do. Some like them because of their supposedly "status" others don't.

I love my Draik. It was worth it for me, all the months I spent playing games all day, making my wrists hate me, because I have my dream pet now.

100% agreed with Divya and Spritzie!

I like them because of (like Div said) how well clothing fits, and how perfectly so many clothes go with them. Just look at Spritzie's signature/avatar of her camo draik, Aitvara! I mean, sure. I do like how they're rare and stuff, but that's just kind of "Oh cool, this is a rareish pet. *shrug*" type thing. I think they are beautiful, even Faerie ones (no offense Spritzie!) with the right customisation. I have spent a short while now gaming for a few hours a day (or all day long), non stop games, trying to pull together at least 40-45k a day towards my goal of 13mil. I have really bad wrists (well, wrists, knees, joints in general lol) and I've started getting used to it when they get a bit sore from clicking, clicking, clicking...

I also think it's a really really good goal-type-thing... Motivator! I just look at a desert draik (which is what i'm saving for) for a minute and think "That's what I'll have once I finish this gaming spree." and it hypes me up and I just start gaming again. And once I get it, and zap it female if it hatches male of course, I know i'll love my draik.

Okay, i have to admit, after years of not having a very cool un-basic pet, I really do like the thought of being able to show off a draik occasionally, but I wouldn't like, rub it in peoples faces. I can't wait for that satisfaction of being able to say "my draik" after years of wanting one so badly :P

haha. I like how you are honest about it. And I think its pretty sweet how some of you are just game players to make your money. Thats how I am. I cant make money restocking. Im terrible at it, and my internet connection doesnt help. Getting 10mil plus by just playing games is admirable. I usually dont do that much to make np. Just play a couple easy 1000np games, do stocks (I sold 200000np worth today. yay!). Good luck on your goals. And if you do get your desert draik, I will allow you to show it off in my face. My pet was zapped to a green skeith today. So you can REALLY rub it in my face.

haha. I like how you are honest about it. And I think its pretty sweet how some of you are just game players to make your money. Thats how I am. I cant make money restocking. Im terrible at it, and my internet connection doesnt help. Getting 10mil plus by just playing games is admirable. I usually dont do that much to make np. Just play a couple easy 1000np games, do stocks (I sold 200000np worth today. yay!). Good luck on your goals. And if you do get your desert draik, I will allow you to show it off in my face. My pet was zapped to a green skeith today. So you can REALLY rub it in my face.

*blush* tehe!

I'm horrible at RSing too. I always end up getting the cheapo stuff that the wizard has for like 1np, that I bought for like 900. It's really hard and I did the math to figure out that if I can manage to earn 40 to 45k a day, it'll take me approximately nine months to earn it. And I'm hoping to be able to pull some all-nighters over breaks coming up to try and earn a bit more :P. Like I said, though, really really good motivator! xD

Wow, congrats on the stock sales, too! And thanks for the luck, I need it. xD

I still couldn't, I'm too.. nice? *gasp* lol. Sorry bout your skeith.. dang lab ray D:

It was possible to zap a Krawk/Draik when the labray was first released - but there hasn't been one reported in neary 6 years, so the general thought is that TNT made it no longer possible.

On the actual subject, I love my Draiks :D They're awesome to customise and for me to draw... thats why I saved up again and hatched Sari after I morphed Zadue! I don't buy into the status thing about owning Draiks & Krawks though. I think there are much better ways to improve your account - things that *you* have to work for, rather than possibly have given to you as can happen with pets.

It was possible to zap a Krawk/Draik when the labray was first released - but there hasn't been one reported in neary 6 years, so the general thought is that TNT made it no longer possible.

On the actual subject, I love my Draiks :D They're awesome to customise and for me to draw... thats why I saved up again and hatched Sari after I morphed Zadue! I don't buy into the status thing about owning Draiks & Krawks though. I think there are much better ways to improve your account - things that *you* have to work for, rather than possibly have given to you as can happen with pets.

Agreed. It makes sense, too, because otherwise there would be way too much of a chance of draiks and krawks getting zapped easily like that.

I am SO excited to start customising my draik once I get her. I've already got a shopping list planned :wub_anim:

Personally, I don't like how either of them look, and have no desire for one :) But that's just me.

I agree with Jesse_Rocket ..

before Neopets 2.0 , I so badly wanted a Tyrannian Krawk and a Mutant Draik

... people wanted them just because the more famous neopets players had them ...

now I don't really care for either ... last year sloth gave me a mutant draik trans (he did , i swear) .. and i sold it for 11.6 mil .. bought a bunch of gallery items ... didn't even think twice about keeping it ....

I agree with Jesse_Rocket ..

before Neopets 2.0 , I so badly wanted a Tyrannian Krawk and a Mutant Draik

... people wanted them just because the more famous neopets players had them ...

now I don't really care for either ... last year sloth gave me a mutant draik trans (he did , i swear) .. and i sold it for 11.6 mil .. bought a bunch of gallery items ... didn't even think twice about keeping it ....

I personally think draiks and krawks look way better now then their UC counterparts... They look healthier, I guess. More detail and they don't look like scrawny dragons or strange gators :P

There isn't really too much shame in wanting them because more famous players have them. It only is wrong when the pet isn't cared for and is just used as a bragging tool, you know? If they genuinely care for the pet, then that's good. :P

Personally I'd just save the NP for an egg or something... I don't really have a good gallery going, but I really want a good theme.. Maybe draiks!

I personally think draiks and krawks look way better now then their UC counterparts... They look healthier, I guess. More detail and they don't look like scrawny dragons or strange gators :P

I agree completely! I never used to like Draiks. (when I was little, the image confused me, and i thought their tail was their legs? or something like that :P)

then when I came back from hiatus and I saw how cute Draiks look, I knew I wanted one. I hatched Jetalle last week and she is still completely worth the NPs I spent on her egg.

Unfortunately, I also kinda want a Krawk now too, since they just look so cute! (I love reptiles! :D) But I'm not trading Jet to get one, so I guess I either have to get lucky or save up again. Ah well. :P

They're worth it if you're into customization, since a lot of things look good on them. But if you're just after the avatar, you might as well just join a lend :/ And BDers, well, they're probably better off with a basic pet that they can just train like crazy and buy weapons for, without having to worry about expensive species changes or paint brushes.

I agree completely! I never used to like Draiks. (when I was little, the image confused me, and i thought their tail was their legs? or something like that :P)

then when I came back from hiatus and I saw how cute Draiks look, I knew I wanted one. I hatched Jetalle last week and she is still completely worth the NPs I spent on her egg.

Unfortunately, I also kinda want a Krawk now too, since they just look so cute! (I love reptiles! :D) But I'm not trading Jet to get one, so I guess I either have to get lucky or save up again. Ah well. :P

They're worth it if you're into customization, since a lot of things look good on them. But if you're just after the avatar, you might as well just join a lend :/ And BDers, well, they're probably better off with a basic pet that they can just train like crazy and buy weapons for, without having to worry about expensive species changes or paint brushes.

I've always liked draiks, but I was kind of hesitant about trying to figure out how to get one when I was little, because they were kinda strange looking. They confused me, too!

Me too! Congrats on your draik! :D

I don't want a krawk.. at least yet. The NP for them is just too much for something I'm not exactly interested in...

Oh my goodness, yes. Jewelry, dresses, skirts, pants, you name it. I only have a baby lupe and a Peophin.. Not the best for customising with dresses. Once i get my draik in a few months.. I might just go custom crazy, tehe!

Is there a random event that would zap a draik to a different species that I should worry about? :guiltysmiley: