Plot Delayed Due To Finishing Touches!

hrtbrk

Last week, users found out via the News that The Faeries' Ruin would update today, however TNT took to their official Facebook page to explain that there would be no update today - and why.

186_df52c4633d.gif190_82c1a5f73b.gif

Neopets: We know everyone has been waiting for the latest plot chapter, but we are still working on the finishing touches. :( Sorry everybody, we will try to get chapter 9 up as soon as we can! Thanks for your patience.

hmm ok. probably up tomorrow. I hope. Its probaly better otherwise Im just doing the plot instead of studying.

And now we can still apple bobbel for an extra day sinds there are no updates :laughingsmiley:

Well at least they're not releasing something full of bugs. I'd rather they release a full working version even if it is a bit late - at least we'll only be frustrated at the lag this way :P

I totally agree. I'm glad that they're taking an extra day to ensure that everything is 100% to their satisfaction rather than releasing something that they're not quite happy with. Especially if that means that it doesn't work completely right now. Maybe this means we get a puzzle tomorrow! I just don't understand why they didn't post anything in the news. It's not like we can do anything to them for not following up with what they said.

*gasp* Wait, I just reread TNT's comment. 'Finishing touches' doesn't imply that the plot is ending soon. Does it?

*gasp* Wait, I just reread TNT's comment. 'Finishing touches' doesn't imply that the plot is ending soon. Does it?

Probably not - it probably just means finishing touches to this chapter...altough I guess it does depend on whether they want it finished before the GMC and neopets birthday. But as they finished the last step in the middle of a wave I forsee at lesat one more battledome chapter before the end....

I was looking forward to the plot update all day! Oh well, I'd rather it work properly right from the start, rather than possibly be glitchy. I'll be mad if it's just a comic update.

I am dissapointed! :( I hope it's battling at least (I started the plot late, so I haven't done any battling :eh: ), or another puzzle like the book one! :D That was funnnn! :)

I am dissapointed! :( I hope it's battling at least (I started the plot late, so I haven't done any battling :eh: ), or another puzzle like the book one! :D That was funnnn! :)

Ditto here on both. My account was frozen until after the book chapter released so I missed one set and my pet was to weak to do much with the BD, seeing as I didn't train much and I was scammed, so I had no codestones or dubloons to help. I capped the minions though, and hope to do better with the rest of the plot. Obliviously, there will be more fighting, seeing as the 16 tier is only about half complete, but as to how many more chapters there will be, I have no idea. I hate that we have to wait, but hopefully it will be worth it. I like that the plot is lasting so long, even though it will probably be a while before another is released. That's my take on things. :D

I don't understand the huge deal about this plot. The only reason I cared was for the prizes. Since I did absolutely no fighting, I know I won't get anything good, so I'm done. Everyone is busy talking about the story, and relations between Hanso and whatever her name is. I've seen these things, I know how it's gonna end:

1. The bad guy is defeated.

2. The protaganist is innocent.

3. He gets the girl.

4. Everything goes back to normal.

5. It seems as though nothing ever happened.

That's why I don't care. I already know what's gonna happen, and now that I'll get a terrible prize, I just don't care for the plot anymore.

If this offended anyone (not sure how), I apologize in advance.

And today I learned that TNT has a Facebook page. I never knew about that before I was reading/rereading the News on Neo trying to work out how people knew it was delayed due to finishing touches, thanks hrtbrk!

Ahh! There are a few Facebook exclusive codes going around, where you can get a item. I believe the 'FB25Kfans' code still works. Submit it into the Grundo Warehouse.

I don't understand the huge deal about this plot. The only reason I cared was for the prizes. Since I did absolutely no fighting, I know I won't get anything good, so I'm done.

Okay wait - you do not know that at all. TNT knows that there were/are MANY unprepared users, thus you are not alone in not being able to complete these two steps. Do not count yourself out yet, CAV. You should hang in there and continue on with the plot. You might be surprised.

I think not completing it and figuring out you had a shot at something good is a bigger regret then completing it and finding out you got a decent prize.

PLUS, you get to chat about it with all of us! :)

I don't understand the huge deal about this plot. The only reason I cared was for the prizes. Since I did absolutely no fighting, I know I won't get anything good, so I'm done. Everyone is busy talking about the story, and relations between Hanso and whatever her name is. I've seen these things, I know how it's gonna end:

1. The bad guy is defeated.

2. The protaganist is innocent.

3. He gets the girl.

4. Everything goes back to normal.

5. It seems as though nothing ever happened.

That's why I don't care. I already know what's gonna happen, and now that I'll get a terrible prize, I just don't care for the plot anymore.

If this offended anyone (not sure how), I apologize in advance.

There was multiple guides on how to handle the battledome. whining about not getting anything for doing no work is rather silly. many people fought without battledome pets and they earned what points they got for taking the extra effort. I do agree that the plot is a little cut and dry, but for as much complaining as I am hearing here about the battledome potion allow me to remind everyone of AotA. We didn't have this option then. It was too much puzzling with too little choice. In this one it comes down to what we are and aren't willing to do that decides our plot score fate.

As for the plot being delayed I also agree with the above comments that they seem to care about this plot if there delaying it for ""quality control"". Which again is something AotA didn't have and desperately needed.

Ahh! There are a few Facebook exclusive codes going around, where you can get a item. I believe the 'FB25Kfans' code still works. Submit it into the Grundo Warehouse.

Okay wait - you do not know that at all. TNT knows that there were/are MANY unprepared users, thus you are not alone in not being able to complete these two steps. Do not count yourself out yet, CAV. You should hang in there and continue on with the plot. You might be surprised.

I think not completing it and figuring out you had a shot at something good is a bigger regret then completing it and finding out you got a decent prize.

LOL, thanks for that! I just got a Storybook Background. Hahaha!

There was multiple guides on how to handle the battledome. whining about not getting anything for doing no work is rather silly. many people fought without battledome pets and they earned what points they got for taking the extra effort. I do agree that the plot is a little cut and dry, but for as much complaining as I am hearing here about the battledome potion allow me to remind everyone of AotA. We didn't have this option then. It was too much puzzling with too little choice. In this one it comes down to what we are and aren't willing to do that decides our plot score fate.

The reason I didn't do fighting is because I never had the time to sit down and fight. By the time I had time alone, the enemies were already gone.

But that's not the point I was trying to make. I'm talking about how everyone is hyping the story and such, like "OMG what's gonna happen next?" when deep inside we know what's gonna happen.

Finishing touches is a way of saying, "Ok everyone, the plot is over! Great job!". Either that, or they'll slap us with an enemy that I can't defeat no matter how many guides are at my disposal. Those who saw my stats would know that I am god awful no matter how many guides are given to me.

A BD item is not a decent prize. I figure that the only decent prize that would mean ANYTHING to me would be a PB, which would most likely be a top prize, or nowhere to be seen at all.

And what can I chat about other than the story and fan fiction relationships, neither of which I care about?

But that's not the point I was trying to make. I'm talking about how everyone is hyping the story and such, like "OMG what's gonna happen next?" when deep inside we know what's gonna happen.

And what can I chat about other than the story and fan fiction relationships, neither of which I care about?

CAV just because you personally don't care/aren't interested, doesn't mean no one else is, or that it's wrong for them to be enjoying it/interested.

Personally, I don't care if I know the outcome or not, I'm enjoying joining in and doing the puzzles, fighting in the BD, etc.