TFR General Discussion Board

Gaia

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just letting everyone know that a new puzzle step appeared! Looks like a difficult cypher...

http://www.neopets.c...r/ritual.phtml?

Also, new fearless deeds to figure out along with this step....

puz_8_96c4d86e4d_grey.pngThe Plain of PeaceThe ritual is underway, but the heroes will need a great deal of help if they are to stop Faerieland from sinking further! Join them now to help Xandra complete the ritual, and to protect her, Hanso, and Brynn from the terrible shadow phantoms.

ach_81_6f91031523_grey.pngErrand Spelling

ach_82_715c58542e_grey.pngCast Away!

ach_83_13cd6ea3cf_grey.pngJack of All Stations

They clumped the steps too close together. Did the challengers release at the same time as the puzzle steps?

The challengers released before this puzzle step. It's annoying, but I understand why they did it. In the comic, they get attacked just before she starts performing the spells, hence why they are both going on at the same time.

-Sky

Should I really care for the reason we are fighting? I mean, there was no real reason why Soviet Union decided to attack Finland during the World War II. And you know, that's the same thing that'll happen here. The attacker will get huge losses. There's over 10 million dead shadows by now.

Has anyone else noticed that the only spell that seems to be left to decipher right now is the spell on page 2, and that clicking the link to bring up page 2 just ends up refreshing the page instead of bringing up page 2 to be deciphered..? I filed a ticket for it but I haven't gotten a reply yet, so I'm curious if it's just me or if it's an actual bug...

It seems like somebody got stuck in the system - that's been cleared now. :yes:

Also, we'd better start keeping a really close eye on Xandra...

Agreed, AA. I wasn't really thinking about the Xandra theories until this chapter...She's just looking fishy to me now. Maybe she'll try to petrify everyone else...and it'll just be Hanso left or something XD

She's just been acting more and more weird.

Plus, if she did do this, she would act like she didn't know the spell to try to reverse it. Maybe that's why we're all struggling with the spell steps.

Heh, yeah, there are probably 999,999 spells in that book for reversing the curse and 1 for ultimate power or something. xD

With so many threads about this step I don't know where to post this, but ANNOUNCEMENT!

I just went to the page where you choose spells or barrier (barrier strength 0% BTW. LOL.) and got the Cast Away! deed! :D

Cast Away!

Everyone gets an achievement! Even this inanimate carbon rod!

(I think it's because 10 spells were found and completed, and no more have to be done.)

With so many threads about this step I don't know where to post this, but ANNOUNCEMENT!

I just went to the page where you choose spells or barrier (barrier strength 0% BTW. LOL.) and got the Cast Away! deed! :D

(I think it's because 10 spells were found and completed, and no more have to be done.)

YAY! Thank you! I got mine as well. I was a bit worried about getting this one.

So has anyone see the following problems with the barrier challenge?

1) timer starts at 2 seconds and keeps cycling

2) You pick your actions, click the button, and the screen updates and everything changes.

3) you are stuck looking for other players. Leave the screen and come back and the group has lost.

Well darn. I was gone most of the week, so I didn't manage to get in much battling yesterday. But what about oblivion? Was he just a decoy and now Xandra is the true boss that we have to fight? I can't believe I defended her. :(

I imagine the ceasing of all activities related to the plot was so that Game Master's challenge could be given some attention. Many of you called it that Xandra was evil or going evil, well seen. As for explanations, I could see a few.

-The spell(s) she selected were more powerful than she could handle.

-She is not the real Xandra (shape shifter like someone mentioned)

-Xandra was evil all along.

Announcements