Last Movie Watched

Quark

My Last film watched was "Scott pilgrim vs the world"

I actually really liked this film, many companies try to make games into films but they usually end up crap (a few are okay). A few companies turns films into games, again these are usually crap and overrated (and again a few are okay). What has never been done before is throw out the changing one into the other, and turn the film into a game whilst in the film xD, because of this, the graphics was taken to the next level with the incorporation of video games. The story isn't as good as the entire film, boy meets girl, then must fight the seven evil ex's. Never been done before, but with any other film it wouldn't work.

Final verdict : 8.5/10 Great entertainment film!

I saw Scott Pilgrim recently too, and I've been to the Casa Loma location they used in the film so it was neat to see that in the movie. I watched with a lot of people who grew up with the type of games the film was styled after and we all really enjoyed it. On the topic of video games I just watched this documentary that came out a few years ago called The King of Kong about the world of classic arcade gaming that persists today and focuses on two competitors who plays the old school Donkey Kong game. I was quite surprised how good it was, the director created a really interesting story about good versus evil, old versus new with arcade games. It's fascinating how much of these gamer's lives are devoted to them.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The last movie I watched was Inception. I felt like I missed the first 30 minutes of the movie, and I hate that there was a scene change/flashback/whatever every 2 minutes. It really irritated me, because it was such an amazing concept.

...Or maybe it was awesome and I've just lost some brain cells.

Legend of the Guardians

It was cute. I'm not huge into movies like this, but the owls were adorable and it was a fun story line.

I really wanted to see this...

We went to see "Gulliver's Travels" on New Year's Eve. I hate Jack Black, but I liked the movie. Good family fun. :)

I also Redboxed "Vampires Suck." Hilarious!!

I heard that Jack Black is the only good thing about the movie. And I like Jack Black. Funny Guy.

Vampires Suck is what it was called, it sucked, very badly. I thought Meet the Spartans was their worst...

Last movie I saw was Tron, and it was SO GOOD!!! i mean it was also so bad, but it was SO GOOD!!! :D you know what I mean? :laughingsmiley:

Last movie I saw was Ondine. I really enjoyed the story but there was just something about the acting of certain scenes that I was like, ehh, could have been better. I was also slightly confused by Colin Ferrell's accent, what kind of accent was that? Also annoyed by the fact that the dialogue of the movie was so soft the whole time I had to have my computer speakers on full blast just to hear <_<

So bad that it was good?

I get that feeling with a lot of movies.

Well, not really. It was more like...it was SO well done. the special effects were gorgeously done, like you felt like you were ON the grid, even without 3d (I can't see 3d in movies :()

But the plot was pretty derp xD Very obvious, typical, etc.

I felt the same way about the Avatar movie. (Blue people, not airbenders one) So pretty, so well done. But the plot was overdone and derp :P

I just got back from Black Swan. Weirdest film I've seen since Paranormal Activity, although I don't believe it was a horror fil unlike some critics.

It was definitely an art film. Everything from the choreography to the makeup to the camera angles to the costume to the acting was so artistically done that it really can't be counted as anything else.

It was really strange, though. I have absolutely no concrete idea of what happened.

Haha, my friend wanted me to go see that with her and I was like umm, what's it about? She basically said just watch the trailer it's too confusing but she ended up going with another friend and still couldn't explain it to me when she got back so you're not the only one :laughingsmiley:

I felt the same way about the Avatar movie. (Blue people, not airbenders one) So pretty, so well done. But the plot was overdone and derp :P

I get what you mean. I felt the same when I saw Avatar. I say it was the best film of 2009.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 1

LOVED IT! really sad they broke it into two movies though. i got to the end and was like "come onnnn. i could have sat through 2.5 more hours of this! wheres the rest of my movie?!?!" lol i was dissapointed but happy that i can go see one final potter movie.

the last movie i watched was forgetting sarah marshall. didnt actually finish it yet though but ive seen it many many times :)

LOVED IT! really sad they broke it into two movies though. i got to the end and was like "come onnnn. i could have sat through 2.5 more hours of this! wheres the rest of my movie?!?!" lol i was dissapointed but happy that i can go see one final potter movie.

Most people won't want to. The attention span of the average person has decreased so much and it's sad.

I know! Although what kinda freaked me was that I never realised how well I knew the Deathly Hallows! I knew that this film was the closest to the book compared to the others, but when I watched it, I was like "I know what's coming up next!" and it did actually appear, rather than show a scene that had been invented for the purpose of the film. I even managed to guess correctly where it was going to end, and that was just even more freaky.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally saw True Grit, I'm a huge Coen brothers fan and I've seen almost everything they've done. I thought True Grit was great, awesome acting although it did take me a few minutes before I could begin to understand Jeff Bridges haha.

Guest Yoshinho

In the theaters, Despicable Me

On TV, Zombieland (I was bored)

lol these are the last 2 movies that I watched. I was going to watch the Green Hornet but I decided not.

@Harry Potter discussion.

Yeah, I was extremely upset with the fact that it ended without being able to see the rest of the plot...but practically, they couldn't make a movie that was 6 hours long, AND. I think that two parts is SOOO much better than them cutting stuff. Because they need to have all of it. :)

The last movie I saw was Get Him to the Greek. It really wasn't that bad, but it wasn't that great either. My favorite part was that Tom Felton was in it. :wub_anim: