A weird X appearing?

Sometimes when I'm aiming for the goal, a random "X" will appear instead of sending my Yooyu towards the net. It's a small, yellow "x" that doesn't seem to add anything to the gameplay, but it is a bit annoying considering it also appears randomly. Anyone see this while they were practising?

I get that too. I think it is when you dont have a player selected and you try to shoot. For some reason, my players keep getting unselected. Its annoying. But I think I know why...I just leave them near the goal and then I move over them and then they get selected. Maybe its the same with you?

That X is to tell your player where to move. The X is their marked location and is where they're headed next. This is for if you don't want to drag the cursor slowly so they move around and you want them to move automatic.

It's not a bug, it's a feature! :P

Elaborating on what was posted earlier: if you have no players selected and you click on the playing field, an X will appear on the spot where you clicked and your nearest player will be sent to that position. This is generally useful if you need to react quickly to a new game development, seeing as you probably won't have time to identify your nearest player and grab him/her manually.

From the problem description however, it seems like players are being deselected at crucial moments, either accidentally or due to a bug...

It's not a bug, it's a feature! :P

Elaborating on what was posted earlier: if you have no players selected and you click on the playing field, an X will appear on the spot where you clicked and your nearest player will be sent to that position. This is generally useful if you need to react quickly to a new game development, seeing as you probably won't have time to identify your nearest player and grab him/her manually.

Thank you so much for explaining this!

From the problem description however, it seems like players are being deselected at crucial moments, either accidentally or due to a bug...

Yes, this is the problem. Players are being deselected even though we don't want them deselected. :(

Yes, this is the problem. Players are being deselected even though we don't want them deselected. :(

Yeah, there's not a whole lot we can do about that beyond submitting stacks of bug reports to TNT...

After all, it is traditional for Yooyuball to be a bit glitchy. :P

Yes, every year Yooyuball has some glitch or another...

This year your player randomly gets deselected (for some reason, always just before I score a goal), and the ball shows up off-center.

I hope TNT fixes it in time!

Thank you so much for explaining this!

HEY! I helped! <_< (when you become part of the staff, everyone listens to you. That's it, I'm applying for mod the moment it comes up...)

But YYB is always glitched one way or another. This year it seems much more easy to get a goal, when it hits the pole it still counts. But then again, that's a good glitch.

It's ANNOYING! Oh my goodness, like I shoot, but the X comes up meaning I have to shoot again, but then I get tackled, wasting time. What a lame feature <_<

THIS!

It would be okay if it knew the difference between KICKING and RUNNING.

But nooooo :P

Wow, this makes me feel better about my life. I thought I was just inept at clicking with my touchpad but now I can blame it on the game. Woot. Also sometimes I get a bit too excited about making my player run faster and I end up clicking off the screen and accidentally highlighting the whole page, woops :*

Hahahahaha I thought I was the only one who didn't understand the X! :laughingsmiley: It always happens on my first goal attempt... So annoying -_- I've mostly just adapted to click twice quickly... >.> Also, makes no sense why the player would get deselected... Not like there's anyone nearby that would replace him. o_O Ah well. :D

It's been driving me insane as well! Along with the deselection of players that I want to keep using, or the annoyance when you get stuck behind a member of the other team so you can't move.

It always angers me! :grrr: :grrr:

Whenever I go near the goal to hit it, the X appears and thus I get distracted!

I get more angry when there is 9 - 0 and there are few seconds to hit it when the [removed] X appears! :angry:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Native) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not curse in any way.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Fire off the bug reports everybody! If we give TNT enough spam info, they might be able to get this fixed. :yes:

Fire off the bug reports everybody! If we give TNT enough spam info, they might be able to get this fixed. :yes:

How do I send in a bug report sorry?

Well, this feedback form for the Altador Cup might do the trick (remember to check links before visiting them!). I couldn't find a bug report form corresponding to Yooyuball specifically, but I assume they'll get it since it's in the correct general category. :yes: