*Gasp* They Might Pick My Gallary!

Mystery Capsules   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Now that my gallery has won and I'll be moving on to a new theme, should I keep the capsules or open them up?

So I got the message below yesterday, but today they named a winner. Does that mean I'm out? Or that they were considering me for a different week? They said they would message me if the status of my entry changed, and I didn't get a second e-mail, so I'd like to think that meant I was still in the running. Here is my gallery if your curious: Unsolved Mysteries

Your Gallery of the Week submission

Dear Tara,

Your entry for Gallery of the Week has been held over by the judges. While this does not mean that you have won, it does mean that you have made a good first impression and they have saved your entry for closer consideration. That is a good sign. ;)

We just want to make sure you are aware of this in case you had it in mind to change your entry. It would probably be best not to at this point. ;)

So congratulations! If the status of your entry changes after further perusal, you will be notified.

Sincerely,

Happy Neopets Gallery Judging Team of DOOM!

In this editorial you can find an explanation on what they mean with being held over.

I recently sent in a poem for Grey Day about a Snoogy's "grey" looks. A Neomail I received told me that my poem would be held over. It is now Grey Day and the poem hasn't been posted. I know you can't show EVERYONE at once, but last October during the "real world" ("Real World? Like Jelly World?") Lunar Festival, I sent a poem about Shenkuu Petpets that was held over yet still hasn't been approved, even after Shenkuu's Lunar Festival. So MY POINT is: could you please program these Neomails so that an approximate date is given for when the poem will be posted? Thanks. :) ~piratepaintrox5

If you read the "held over" email closely, it really best explains it. The email states, "Your entry for _____ Contest has been held over by the judges. While this does not mean that you have won, it does mean that you have made a good first impression and they have saved your entry for closer consideration." So, while we very much appreciate the good quality of your work, being held over does not guarantee that your poem will be spotlighted, only flagged by us as something to consider.

I don't think it is a very good explanation, because they still don't say whether it might or might not get in at a later time... But I guess it can?

PS: I've always loved your gallery :D

Good luck with the gallery of the week. I'm clearing mine out right now so I can get mine ready for the gallery of the week. I really like your gallery and once again good luck!

Congrats Tara :)

This message (or similar message) usually means that your entry has been chosen to be featured in a future news :) It's just a question of time! I'll be checking the news to see it announce ;D

I don't know if the this works with gallery as well as NT times, but I had a very similar message when I sent something in to the NT times and I was picked for it about 3 weeks later. So there is still a chance, give it time!

Thanks Everybody! I'm so excited!

I didn't even think about the Tarla thing. I'm sure that's why they picked me.

@ditosmom: I entered a while ago. At least a couple of months back. Your gallery is great! I'm sure it's just a matter of time before they pick you.

You should make a topic about your gallery asking for suggestions from our peeps here at TDN. I did and they really helped me a lot!

I'm curious about something... are you going to be opening the Mystery Capsules and such now that your gallery has won? Or are you keeping them all unopened? I just saw how many you had and couldn't help wondering.

I just checked your gallery and it is really good!! You must be very excited! It looks like you spent a lot of thought and consideration on it. Congratulations. C: Be sure to tell us if the posted you up on the news!

I'm curious about something... are you going to be opening the Mystery Capsules and such now that your gallery has won? Or are you keeping them all unopened? I just saw how many you had and couldn't help wondering.

That' a really good question, and I can't really decide. I think I will open them as a reward to myself for the time and effort I put into the gallery. I do love my gallery though, so part of me wants to pare it down to just the stuff I really love and keep it the same. I have some ideas for a new one though, and so I think I'll open them up and move on to a new theme.

Actually I just created a poll in this topic to help me answer this question. So feedback would be awesome.

I voted for opening them. That would be a nice reward for yourself. You could end up with a lot of really nice items. You could always take screen shots of it, to keep... or save the images of the capsules and such. (I do that, if an item is really cool.)

What types of things can you get if you open the capsules? I've never had a capsule before.

Well you are guaranteed to get at least enough NC items to match how much you spent on the capsule, and then most capsules also have a possible bonus item that you can only get via the capsule.

I'd open them too, personally. Unless there's this NC item you really want and you can trade it for a retired capsule.

You can also decide to keep them, of course! But I wouldn't be able to do that :D

Well you are guaranteed to get at least enough NC items to match how much you spent on the capsule, and then most capsules also have a possible bonus item that you can only get via the capsule.

Are all the items NC items? Could the bonus item be a non-NC item?