The Official Pokemon Topic

CAV of Gang Green

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, the Day Care is based on how many steps you walk. Has nothing to do with time.

If the battery runs dry, all time-based events quit working. Berries, namely. Off the top of my head I don't think there are any day-based rival rematches in FRLG, and the Day of the Week siblings are 2nd gen...

No, the Day Care is based on how many steps you walk. Has nothing to do with time.

If the battery runs dry, all time-based events quit working. Berries, namely. Off the top of my head I don't think there are any day-based rival rematches in FRLG, and the Day of the Week siblings are 2nd gen...

Shoal Cave is the only other thing I can think of. xD

Has anybody gone to game stop yet to get the Raikou? I drove my brother and our friend yesterday, and we ended up getting a Wii and Radiant Dawn in addition to downloading Raikou :P I'm so excited! Hopefully I'll be able to play for more than an hour at a time lol

Oh, and if you're into EV training and whatnot, I recommend that you soft reset for a good Raikou, because the nature/IVs aren't set, and it has EXCELLENT moves for battle...hall? I think it was. Either way, it's worth resetting for if you're a competitive battler. :)

I just went and got mine. IVs aren't great, but I prefer Suicune for comp battles anyways.

If it'll be that long before you get one, maybe you should hold out a little longer for the 3DS. Full backwards compatability and all.

i was never really a fan of the show after the first 150 pokemon. but i do love watching the movies on icky days. i grew up with pokemon and am happy that its still going on but i think its just ridiculous at this point :/ the original was the best. mew was my favorite :D oh well and slowpoke too

It would be a while before we could do this, but I want to see if it's even worth planning out...

What if we had a little TDN Pokemon Tournament with BW? We could use the offical Pokemon tournament rules (the BW rules should be out in April) but play over WiFi. The tournament style would depend on the number of people playing.

That would be cool but I wouldn't be participating. I'm not planning to buy B/W and there's no Wi-Fi where I am.

I would love a Black/White torney.

I saw the 3DS mentioned a few posts ago, and I heard that it could hurt your eyes. Full story here.

I hope it doesn't damage the use of the system. I really want it to be good.

That risk comes with anything in 3D. There's a reason they included the slider thing to adjust the angle of it. You can find the angle you feel is most comfortable, or you can turn it off completely.

I pre-orderd mine a while aog. x3 The advertisement at GameStop that I saw when i got my Raikou said $34.99, so minus the $5 I had to put down to pre-order, $29.99

*high fives Anime* I got that Shiny Raikou as well! That's when the guy convinced me to just pre-order now since I'm moving to a new location by that time and apparently every new pokemon game sells way more quicker than my little town does x3

Two of my other cousins are getting the games too and we all agreed to get different starters so that we can trade with each other ^^ I'm getting Snivy =3

I saw the 3DS mentioned a few posts ago, and I heard that it could hurt your eyes. Full story here.

Thanks for the read :/ I'm probably not going to be getting one then, as I already have enough eye problems to deal with :guiltysmiley:

Although I already have a DS, so I should be fine.

I might participate in a tournament, although I'm not very good at competitive battling xD

Thank you for the article CAV ^^ I considered getting it after hearing another Animal Crossing would come out with it too in due time and I'm already blind as it is!

I haven't fought another human being in YEARS!!! I wanna try the tournament though don't laugh at me when I'm not that good xD

Aww, CAV, you think that was a lecture? Just you wait

...I'm teasing, of course.

But srsly. I tend to be horribly sensitive to 3D stuff anyway, get quite the headaches, so I'll be waiting a wee while before getting the 3DS, probably once they start shifting their focus to games that can only be played on it.

Jesse, all of the launch titles that are made for it will only be playable on the 3DS. ALL of the games made for it will only be played on the 3DS, with some small exceptions.

Yeah, what CAV said. Full gen swap. The only reason BW is still on the DS with the 3DS release so close is because Japan likes to have it's glory time and makes us wait 5 months to get our new Pokemon. I will, however, note that the 3DS has full backwards compatability to the DS. You'll be able to play all your old games on it (though naturally they'll still be 2D). 3DS games will have the same chip type cartridge as the DS, but they'll have a little notch thing sticking off to the side at the top. You won't be able to put them in your normal DS point blank.