The Official Pokemon Topic

CAV of Gang Green

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't get victini yet. I thought that I should wait because I thought that it'd be at a higher level than 15. Now I'm stuck trying to catch it with level 40 pokemon.

Victini has well-balanced stats, which makes him a bit boring to me :P I like sweepers lol

I'm currently at Chargestone Cave after getting the 5th badge, though I took a break for a day to read A Clash of Kings :D

Chargestone cave was pretty awesome, I caught one of every pokemon in that place. xD At first I wanted to train a klink but it's pretty pointless except for a physical tank. It's evolved form has over 100 base attack but no physical moves to use with it. o.o

I'm hoping to get the turtle too. I'm gonna have quite the reptilian/draconian final team hahaha. I'm such a herpetologist :P

turtle, axew? the one iris has in the anime? how do you get victini :worried:

My team is:

Panpour lvl 20

Roggenrola lvl 23

Servine lvl 23

i want to get gothimu and the one-eyed many winged desert pokemon.

Not using Victini for two reasons: One, I all ready have a fire type, and two, I've had plenty of experience with games made easy via special event Pokemon. And balanced stats means nothing excells and it becomes average at best. And it never really appealed to me to begin with.

You've gotta download the Liberty Ticket via wireless, then go to Liberty Pier (far left) in Castelia City and get on the boat.

You get Victini through an online mystery gift event.

Ninja'd

Currently training for the Pokemon League. It's going to take a while. Cofagrigus and Audino are still in the late 30's.

Am I the only one annoyed with the late evolving?

Am I the only one annoyed with the late evolving?

No, i am too :P Finally gave in and level ground my way to a Krookodile. Worth it, but annoying.

Just caught Cobalion and my Axew :wub_anim: so i'm working on level grinding Axew up to its first evolution.

Then i guess I'll make my way to gym 7. How long is Twist Mountain? :P

I rushed my way through twist mountain and made it through pretty fast since Samurott beat most of the trainers in one blow.

And krookodile is definitely worth it, but I wish that I had chosen a sandile with moxie instead of intimidate. Swagger/Foul Play is a really great combo.

Alright, doesn't sound bad. Nothing's been too ridiculous so far, and I like the addition of the Nurses/Doctors. They make it a lot less painful to go through caves :laughingsmiley:

And krookodile is definitely worth it, but I wish that I had chosen a sandile with moxie instead of intimidate. Swagger/Foul Play is a really great combo.

Ooh, I hadn't even thought of that!! :D I've been doing pretty well with Crunch though, so I'll probably stick with that. And yeah, Moxie is probably my favorite new ability. It's really helpful :P

Also, let me take this time to say HOW MUCH I HATE WATCHOG :grrr:

Alright, doesn't sound bad. Nothing's been too ridiculous so far, and I like the addition of the Nurses/Doctors. They make it a lot less painful to go through caves :laughingsmiley:

Ooh, I hadn't even thought of that!! :D I've been doing pretty well with Crunch though, so I'll probably stick with that. And yeah, Moxie is probably my favorite new ability. It's really helpful :P

Also, let me take this time to say HOW MUCH I HATE WATCHOG :grrr:

Right now my Krookodile knows Foul Play, Swagger, Crunch, and Bulldoze. I'll probably replace Bulldoze with Earthquake, and I'll replace either Foul Play or Crunch with something like Dragon Claw or Aerial Ace. I haven't figured out how Foul Play works completely. I'm not sure if it loses power when you lower your opponents attack.

And what's wrong with Watchog? xD (I actually don't like pokemon in this category, you know, that normal type that is just OK but they expect you to catch it at the beginning of the game. Raticate, Furret, Zangoose, Bibarel, Watchog)

Right now my Krookodile knows Foul Play, Swagger, Crunch, and Bulldoze. I'll probably replace Bulldoze with Earthquake, and I'll replace either Foul Play or Crunch with something like Dragon Claw or Aerial Ace. I haven't figured out how Foul Play works completely. I'm not sure if it loses power when you lower your opponents attack.

And what's wrong with Watchog? xD (I actually don't like pokemon in this category, you know, that normal type that is just OK but they expect you to catch it at the beginning of the game. Raticate, Furret, Zangoose, Bibarel, Watchog)

Earthquake :wub_anim: :wub_anim: :wub_anim: Seems like a good moveset. I've never been a fan of Swagger, as my luck usually has it kill me :P But that's just me :whistle:

Arghhhh I just really hate it. I hate super fang and hyper fang, and i hate how it looks, and I hate CONFUSE RAY :grrr: :grrr: I don't hate it quite as much as i hate Bibarel though :P And I'm assuming you meant Zizagoon/Linoone, because Zangoose is a BOSS :king:

Yeah, I meant Linoone/Zigzagoon, not the rival of seviper :P

I am really hesitant to teach Earthquake/Surf to my pokemon for multi-battles (That's what I mostly do, I've never played a 1 vs 1 online). I make it work though. Like for my SS team, Mamoswine always went first with Yanmega. They may have both been weak against fire, but Earthquake/Stone Edge could take care of fire types and Air Slash was good against popular fire/fighting.

Seems like a good pairing :D I was really happy with Mamoswine/Yanmega when they released them and was totally hoping for some more evolutions this gen. Oh well :P

Oh and hmmm...I need a name for my Axew, just realized I forgot to nickname it when I caught it.

*tries to think of a famous historical figure she hasn't used already*

You name yours after historical figures? I'm not sure what to nickname mine...I've only nicknamed one pokemon since Crystal came out, a swellow I IV/EV trained. It took so much time to create/raise that I had to name it. The reason I say "since Crystal" is because I was young enough to give my pokemon stupid names in red/silver. :P

Interesting Pokemon story about Silver version actually. :) I used to do this cheat in silver, where you did some fancy box arranging, and you would turn off the game mid-save. That way, it would corrupt the data. Usually, you would get a pokemon cloned! I did this a couple of times and got pretty good at it. Well one time I was doing this and the intention was to clone my Golem. While I moved my golem to box 8 or so, I also moved my Flareon to box 3. When I corrupted the save data, the pokemon FUSED TOGETHER. I am not kidding! I was so shocked! It was a flareon with my golem's nickname, and they each took half of the original pokemon's moves. I'm talking about a Flareon that knew Fire Blast and Earthquake! It was really awesome but I lost two high level pokemon in the process. Obviously I kept it, considering the awesome (and physically impossible) moveset.

Emerald had it too? I was pretty disappointed when it wasn't in Sapphire. lol. It's actually in D/P as well. Instead of using boxes though, it involves putting up a pokemon for trade on the GTS. The Clone would be on the GTS and the original would still be in your box. I've never personally tried it because I have WPA security (which B/W can get through :D) and I couldn't access the GTS.

Yeah :D I currently have Cromwell (Oliver Cromwell), Yukichi (Fukuzawa Yukichi), and Sun Tzu. I also have a Sawk named Tron because they're both epic blue fighters :laughingsmiley: In other games I have some other names I can't quite remember right now (though I'm pretty sure I have a Flygon named Hans Krebs :P) Probably also have a Suleiman and Metternich floating around.

Whoah :O That sounds awesome!!!! I was usually too scared to try the cloning glitches lol :P But oh man!!! A Flareon with a good moveset!! :wub_anim:

I used to like how when you corrupted game data in R/B/Y, it would play the Bulbasaur's Secret Garden melody. I don't remember being able to find the sound anywhere else but it was so pretty haha

For the Emerald one, you had to go to the Battle Tower with the Pokemon in question in a box to themselves (up to 6 at once). Save. Then put them in your party with nothing in the box they were in. Then talk to the lady to enter the BT, but shut off in the middle of saving. Pretty much, when you talk to her and say "Yes I'm entering", it takes a save snapshot of your party, and just that. If you turn it off as it saves, before it overwrites the box data, you get duplicates.

I've never heard it, I usually played sapphire with the sound down, plus I didn't corrupt my game except for a few times and it was on accident.

Funny B/W Quote (Well it's not exact but I'll still call it a quote :P): The Shopping Mall Nine! Remember it like this: Are you done shopping yet? Nein!

I laughed so hard at that. xD (Nein is German for No)

EDIT: Oh, that makes sense, because I know that it couldn't have been completely box reliant because the new box system fixed the bug.

Yay!! My Axew and my Servine evolved!! now I can stop level grinding and get on with it lol. but i should probably go to sleep...i have a 9:30 train to catch :O

Hopefully I can beat the game before I get back to school lol

I just started spring break, so I have lots of time to play. x3

Maybe I'm just going nutty, but... Do the badges have anything to do with HM use any more? I've been able to use them as soon as I got the HM, and while they're set up to be gotten after certain gyms, there's never been anything saying "You heed X badge to use this HM!".