Account Frozen :(

Allison the Great

I attempted to log in today after a week or so away from Neopets and it said my account had been frozen. It said "Due to potentially suspicious activity on this username, it has been frozen for the owner's protection." I don't know what has happened. I've had that account for nearly 5 years. :(

Maybe someone got into your account. I would suggest sending in the form to try to have them unfreeze it.

I did. Hopefully they do because I'd hate to have to have a new account. I worked hard on that account and to have to give all that up would suck.

I completely understand. I hope you get it back without any damage and it was just a misunderstanding. Have you been keeping good records of your account to get it back?

What do you mean exactly?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Stephé) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep your posts at least 7 words long. Quotes do not contribute to the post count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

He probably means.. Did you track what your latest trades were, what stocks you had, what neomails you had etc. to proof it is your account.

Anyway, it sucks that you're frozen. I don't think I can help in any way, since you've already filled in the form. I'm wishing you all the best here!

Oh no :( good thing you filled out the form.

But your account got frozen 'to protect you', not because you did something wrong, so there is a good chance you'll get it back :)

Rooting for you!

He probably means.. Did you track what your latest trades were, what stocks you had, what neomails you had etc. to proof it is your account.

Anyway, it sucks that you're frozen. I don't think I can help in any way, since you've already filled in the form. I'm wishing you all the best here!

Well I haven't done any recent trades or anything and unfortunately I suck at remembering the names of items so I wasn't very descriptive when describing what was in my SDB ans such, especially since there's well over 1,000 items in there, but hopefully I gave enough.

But your account got frozen 'to protect you', not because you did something wrong, so there is a good chance you'll get it back :)

Rooting for you!

Thanks :) Yeah, hopefully they unfreeze it. I don't think I could bring myself to start over. I think I'm done with Neopets if they don't unfreeze me.

Rooting for you!

That's what I was thinking - they haven't said you were cheating or any other freezable offense. That would suggest to me that perhaps someone has hacked your account somehow which is why they've frozen it. With any luck as they don't seem to be saying that you've actually done anything wrong you should be ok.

I am so sorry! TNT has recently been freezing a lot of people for tiny things, even things that people arent doing (like in your case). I would just send in the form and explain your account like your pets name and colors and your shop and nms and stuff to prove that it is your account. Good luck!!!

I agree with everyone here. I really does sound like someone managed to get your password and get into your account. It's a step in the right direction that you have already send in the form to start the process of getting your account back. Don't be surprised if TNT asks for more information, though. Try really hard to think of things you might have forgotten (books your pet has read that you got from plots, try to remember the names of all of your neofriends, check for correct item names on jellyneo, etc.) Hopefully, you will get your account back quickly.

The best stuff to prove it is your account like i was talking about earlier are things that people wouldn't be able to know if they just went to your page. So things like stocks, recently abandoned pets, trades, neomails, and people you have blocked anything that only you can see are probably going to be needed to get it back. But good luck it sounds like you will be getting it back though.

I wish you luck withe getting your account back. And it would be a good thing for you and us all to change our passwords every once in a while and make sure our personal information is correctly updated. I would also suggest for those of us who have had our accounts for quite some time keep a record of things o our computer that way if our account gets frozen for some reason beyond our control then we can provide the proper information and it might be a little faster for us to get our accounts back. I know I'm definately going to be starting one. I've had my account for 6 years and I would hate to have to start from scratch.

Best wishes to you! :)

Thanks guys for being so positive. My only concern is that I blocked emails from this earlier today. I was tired of getting tons of emails sent to my phone so I stopped ones from people that weren't really necessary. Now I'm worried about how they'll be able to contact me :/ Have I screwed myself over?

I don't know what kind of email filters you are using, but you will need to allow email from support.neopets.com to receive communications from TNT.

omg! thats soo terrible! i think some rotton hacker got into your account... if i find out anyone one who does stuff like that, ill pound them to a pulp, grind their faces into a meat grinder, and blackmail them untill they are to old to breath. XD sorry if i got too graphic or whatever you call it, but im just trying to say my oppinion! :)