Dragon Cave Discussion Thread

Ruto

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I;ve got a pair with a 9th gen gold that's two for two on breeding golds. Glencia (who's name my dad actually suggested... well, indiretly) and my Whiptail Transal. Yay for good breeders. :3

I;ve got a pair with a 9th gen gold that's two for two on breeding golds. Glencia (who's name my dad actually suggested... well, indiretly) and my Whiptail Transal. Yay for good breeders. :3

Eventhough the eggs are suppose to match only one of the parents, I've noticed that some lineages produce more true than mixed lines. Maybe it's an improvement to the DC's breeding code. If so, I like it. I want to start a matrilinial pedigree of Reds and if they breed true with large clutches, all the better!

:questionmark: Can someone answer this question for me: Is there a new Alt Black? Today I've noticed stage 1 and stage 2 hatchlings in a form previously not seen. They have the genereal posture of the Common Black hatchlings and the same wings, but have solid black bellies! I've seen these on the same scroll as the curled Alt Black hatchlings, so I'm not hallucinating them. What breed are these new ones? o_O

cindydragon, from the mountaintop

Alt Blacks have always had two forms of hatchlings. They grow up into the same thing though.

Eggs are bred based on rarity. In the case of my golds, I got lucky and got a huge line with a high gold rate, but hey actually porduce many more commons than golds. In commonxcommon you tend to get a 50-50 split, but you will note in commonxmetalic they you'll get more of the common. That's why I mentioned the two for two- it's rare that their first two breeding produce golds, even though I've gotten several porducing golds on just their first try.

Please update my viewing list to reflect these dragons only:

7aHm.gif l2t7.gif aiCR.gif QvjQ.gif Tlgs.gif

thanks a lot!

I cdecided to quit DC until the end of AC, dont know why.

It can take up a lot of time in front of the monitor to raise dragon kids. Playing the AC is intense in it's own right. We'll miss you, but look forward to your wisdom when you return.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Anime) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Do not double post.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

Wow, I just found out that this thread existed. :O New to dragon breeding, here are my eggs:

HE0K.gif1fTO.gifJ5fX.gifKDQk.gif

Hope they don't die. :P

My scroll.

Edit: What exactly is an ER?

ER is short for Emergency Room. It's a page where you can add eggs and ahtchlings that have less than 3 days on their timers to get tons of clicks and views very quickly, ensuring that they hatch/grow up.

Anime, I'm doing something that should be very basic in the wrong way. I noticed that I make work for you by double-posting I don't know how I'm doing it. I choose "reply" from the buttons, type my message in the window that comes up (it usually has the text of the post I'm replying to in quotes. And I hit "Add Reply" once. How am I getting the double post?

Thanks!

cindydragon

Simple: Posts don't combine just beacuse you hit reply. A new reply is a new post.

Also, that was completely off topic. PM me next time.

*thwaps cracking eggs* Hatch, dangit.

Anime, you can remove everything under me from the viewing thread. They're either grown up or frozen. Thanks :)

Now time to breed some more :D

Edit: Here they are:

fHT1.gif LmN0.gif 8b0z.gif cIsI.gif

Grr, that was a very unsuccessful breeding round. Everything I wanted, I didn't get.

Oh well, these will have to do for now. Help them hatch please!

Btw, sorry for this stroke of noobishness, but is that a new pink or not? I can't tell.

Btw, sorry for this stroke of noobishness, but is that a new pink or not? I can't tell.

Yep, that's a new pink :O The old pink is much darker.

I think the new ones are prettier than the old ones ;3 Much more graceful and light.

Please update my section to include all five of:

HE0K.gif1fTO.gifJ5fX.gifKDQk.gifHjjL.gif

And it's Harbinger, not Harbringer, I believe. XD

Thanks a lot!