what do I tell this guy

IanUl2000

Okay this other user, he likes lives in the same city as ne I found out and like he asked me for my real address. i said i am not allowed to give that to him, and he said don't be a flake, i just want to meet one of my neofriends in real life.

This is going to sound very mean and rude but I really don't think that you should be playing on Neopets. You are going to risk your own safety to meet someone you don't know? I hope not!!!! :P This person could hurt you for all you know.

Block and report this user immediately. Do not talk to them any more. In your report tell TNT that he is pressuring you to give out personal information.

Ah I had such experiences before.. I'd suggest that you do not give out your address, for all you know that person might not be all they seem. There are some who are genuinely wishing to meet online friends but they are rare, so do take precautions. With your age, it's a definite no-no.

Safe playing!

Ah I have such experiences before.. I'd suggest that you do not give out your address, for all you know that person might not be all they seem. There are some who are genuinely wishing to meet online friends but they are rare, so do take precautions. With your age, it's a definite no-no.

Safe playing!

but he's the same age as me so that means he should not be meeting me either right. i mean he's ten also, my other account i am waiting for parental permission, but i created a new account ianisnowtenyearsold and he said he is ten also.

It is entirely possible that he's lying about his age so you'll agree to meet him. As the others have said, block and report him. I don't want to sound like a nagging mother here, or - actually, yes, I do, because the statement is proper either way: It's not worth risking your safety. Just tell TNT about it and DO NOT NEOMAIL this user anymore.

Remember that he could say he's 10 years old but really be someone who is 30, wanting to take advantage of you.

I figure that you'd be more cautious with interacting with people online, especially after you gave your password to someone who scammed you.

ETA: Ninja'd by Livvy :D

As has been said above - although he says he is ten he could equally just be prowling internet sites to find kids. Basic internet safety - if you do not know him, do not give out personal information like address, email or phone number. If he's pressing you, which it seems he is, report him to TNT and block him on your account.

I add my voice to the others above saying that you should not risk your personal safety for the sake of meeting someone who may or may not be 10 years old. Be careful.

Seriously. Weren't you the one who gave out your password to someone because you trusted them? You really need to be more safe. You're too young to go meeting people you have met online.

Oh my. I am so glad I made my daughter stop playing neopets! I am so paranoid about her online time, peeking over her shoulder and digging through history-it was just too much worry.

PLEASE do not ever give anyone your personal info online, whether it is on neopets or elsewhere. Very dangerous people will troll sites like that and pretend to be someone your own age to make you feel comfortable with them, even using someone else's picture to "prove" to you who/how old they are...How can you really know? It's not worth risking.

I wish you'd report the person, and stop being so open with information while you are online!!!!

DO NOT. i repeat DO NOT. especially since it sounds like you barely know him, and the fact that you're ten years old. At ten years old, you should not be meeting anybody that you don't actually know except in the virtual world. It actually doesn't matter what age you are! I would only say it would be okay, if you've talked to this person for 2-3 years, and you meet at a public place like a mall, with an adult 18 years or older, and you inform your parents or friends.

Block and report this user immediately. Do not talk to them any more. In your report tell TNT that he is pressuring you to give out personal information.

Spoken like a true genius. Giving out your information is bad enough, but the fact that this guy will continue to bother you is worse. Block the stupid fool, report him, and watch TNT freeze someone for a good reason for once.

just meet him somewhere else.. not real address, like mcdonalds or whatever.

That's not a great idea either. Just because it's a public place, doesn't mean it's safe for a 10 year old to meet with a complete stranger - regardless of the stranger's age. Tragedies happen in public places too. It's a bad, bad, BAD idea for a child to meet *anyone* they've just met on the internet without the company of a guardian.

And, first post ^o^

Okay this other user, he likes lives in the same city as ne I found out and like he asked me for my real address. i said i am not allowed to give that to him, and he said don't be a flake, i just want to meet one of my neofriends in real life.

Your question in your topic is "what do I tell this guy". My answer is you don't tell him anything. You block him, or change to a new account, never speak again. Any good person knows not to ask for any kind of personal information on the internet. It's basic common sense because of all the bad people out there. Seriously, show your parents and ask for their advice. Protect yourself, a bad guy posing as another 10 year old certainly isn't going to have your best interests in mind.

Meeting in a public place could be even worse. He could lead you from McDonalds to a dark alley or to his car, and then kidnap you or something. Trying not to scare you but it's true.