What are your religious beliefs, or lack thereof?

toxic_ruki

I walk the moonlit path...

I'm Celtic Pagan, meaning I basically believe in the old Gods of the Irish and Scottish areas. I grew up Catholic though, finished first communion and everything. We left though for personal reasons and now my family is considered Presbyterian (I think?) I don't go to Church anymore. My porch is my altar. Communing with nature.

I'm a Christian, currently going to a Baptist church, however I don't count myself as a baptist because I don't agree with some of there teachings. Therefore, I'm not really part of a denomination.

A Buddhist here! I'm more for the philosophy, but I do go to temples once in a while.. I can't stand being a vegetarian though and I still take beef... So yea, I guess I'm a modern Buddhist? (Either that or a not too devoted one..)

I'm a Presbyterian Christian, though not practicing. I don't agree with a lot of the "Christians" views, and don't like to associate myself with them. So I believe in God and Jesus and that, but not a lot of the bible, and not much more.

Im not sure what this religion would be called. but this is what i beleive

And this is my oppinion only. I dont expect everyone to agree with it naturally.

There is no god

when you die you dont go to heaven or hell.

Either your soul "sleeps" or you become a spirit. allowed to walk the earth.

jesus was a real person. but his story was complete bull. he was crazy. and someone wrote a book called the bible to make him seem like a great person for what he told people

and i do beleive in Karma

Isnt that the same thing as agnostic?

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Meowy Christmas) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post. Use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm a Christian, but I like calling myself a liberal Christian, because my views about how it all works would probably piss off a couple pastors. I don't have a denomination, because I disagree with something in every denomination.

Like I support gay rights, I'm pro-choice, I believe you don't have to be a "good" person to go to heaven, I believe that following God and Jesus won't fill that desire for things that people say He will here on Earth, and I believe that the reason why we're all here and that God put us on Earth is to be in relationships with Him and everyone around us.

I'm a Christian. While I'm technically a Baptist, I consider myself to be non-denominational. I don't see the point of having various denominations when we all have the same book, the same God, and the same Saviour. And I'm kind of like Will in that I have some non-conventional ideas about how it all works.

I'm a Christian as well. I attend a Church of Christ, which is technically non-denominational, but I suppose that's debatable.

I suppose I lean a bit more towards the liberal side, but I'm still trying to decide where I stand on a few issues. At the basic level, though, I definitely believe that Jesus was God's son, he died for our sins, and then rose from the dead.

I'm Christian, specifically a Roman Catholic. I go to church every week but I'm not very religious. Well about Christ, I don't think of him as a person who would hate people who were homosexual or something like that because if he was like that he'd be hating everyone who did actions that were considered as sins.

I am a muslim, we believe in a lot of things that both Christians and the Jewish believe in terms of the stories of biblical past. The few exceptions are that we did not ever believe Jesus to be a god, he was a prophet brought here to spread the word of god. He showed the power god could grant if you were willing to believe in him and have faith in him.

Jesus died in terms of a saint and martyr. He died for his beliefs, and he died for the people who believed the same. He wish to spread the word of god even in death.

I think all religions do have some basis of truth, there is always a shred from all faiths the interconnect to eachother. I find though that there are stilted views when sects drag off from the original religion. Just like any other religion even muslims have sects that believe things that are not true to most if any religions, they just wish it to be that way.

NOTE: I used to be 'Roman' Catholic, my grandmothers religious faith was all of ours. I choose to become muslim for the value and faith that I believed was more like my own.

I grew up Baptist and still consider myself Baptist. I do dance and I do drink though. :) I also disagree with a few other things that "we" believe. I think that there are many things in each religion that are worth listening to, learning, etc. I believe in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit, but I also believe in a lot of natural things such as crystals, power of certain plants, etc. I guess I am still researching what I believe in and will probably come up with my own little thing later.

Proof? xP There wasn't exactly YouTube back then.

And the bible sources would have to be verified by other unrelated works in that timeframe.

I skipped over this post earlier but I was reading through the thread I saw it and decided it was worth replying to.

Yes, you could say that there was convincing proof. The Bible, especially the New Testament, is a collection of documents found in that time period. It consists of journals and letters. Not only that, but the writers claimed to have seen the resurrection, and were persecuted and eventually killed by the Romans. If Jesus wasn't real, then why die for something you know is a lie?

If the Bible wasn't true, explain why the Romans were frantic when they found out Jesus wasn't in his grave and began killing those who said he was still alive? Explain the massive boom in the Christian movement at that time. Explain why the disciples would be willing to die for something they knew was a lie?

Personally, I don't think there can be a doubt that Jesus was alive, because he can be found in many sources. Whether or not he actually did all the things he did is what people question, but personally, I think he really did all of that stuff.

I'm Christian, Church of England, Anglican. I find that I agree with most of the ideals of my denomination but some of the ones stated by some of the more fundamentalist groups annoy me.

I'm an atheist. When you die, you're dead. I don't expect anything more,

and i want nothing more than to live my current existence (the only existence we know is real) freely and

without the boundaries of idolatry.