The Mystic: Dragon Lore

Giovanni Gale

Prologue: It had not been long since the Great Shift caused by the Aeron Knights, as the lands where shredded at their roots...Mysterious creatures arose through the chaos, ones never before seen in the light of the Kingdom of Mystica...Many of these obstrocities have become slaves to the Aeron Knights...but very few others found their ways into the Forests and Rivers of Keppler, surrounding the outer villages of Mystica...Now they may be the only hope for Mystica, as the Aeron Knights combine for the last strike on the nation.

Plotline: During the Great Shift, the Aeron Knights knew not, that they had opened a door through space to a world only known in fantasy...Creatures of legend were released and magic became fact...Now the only way to save the Kingdom of Mystica is by joining forces with the few creatures whom had the power to escape from the Aeron Knights clutches...

Choose one of the following creatures to become your partner on your quest...Only 1 of each creature can be taken (More than one if it shows up with different element types)...

Dragons are deadly beasts which could kill ten score of men before submitting to death...despite their slow movement on ground, they have powerful slashes and the ability to fly incredibly quick among other things.

-Dragon (Fire) Weapon- Trident

-Dragon (Water) Weapon- Bow/Arrow

-Dragon (Air) Weapon- Broad Sword

Carnes are giant lynx (type of bigcat) which can be rode and have deadly claws up to two feet in length...they have powerful elemental slashes which have several different effects.

-Carnes (Ice) Weapon- Knife Pair

-Carnes (Electric) Weapon- Spear

-Carnes (Earth) Weapon- Mallet

The Unicorn is a healer, but can deal out some deadly attacks when protecting someone it loves.

-Unicorn (White/Healing Magic) Weapon-Short Sword

Esper are a very interesting species, as they can assume physical or cold plasmatic forms at their will...the process of going between takes several minutes though. They have several special attacks depending on their element...Only pick on of these if you are a really good RPer...

-Esper (Space) Weapon- Mace

-Esper (Time) Weapon- Double Bladed Staff

Character Form:

Name:

Description:

Creature:

Other info:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name:Giovanni Gale

Description: Average hight, Dark Brown Hair, Dark Yellow Eyes (In Real Life), Intelligent but Solitary

Creature: Esper (Time)

Other info: Son of two former soldiers who had died along with thousands of others in the Great Drift...he is now an orphan in the farm town of Dreagon, running his parent bookshop.

It was already well past closing time at the bookshop, but Giovanni was still searching through the hundreds of ancient texts laying upon the floor..."You still at it Ehhh?" came a voice from behind the door not startling Giovanni in the least..."You will never find whatever you think that book contains...You know as well as I know that it is completly ignorant blaming your parents death on magic and that sort," then Giovanni looked up stating, "You must be more ignorant than I Elder, as you have claimed that something false without proving it false." Then breaking out in tears, Giovanni grabbed the book and rushed out into the forest forgetting about the fact that nights were lightless since the Great Drift...

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Name:Tenkaa Mitsubu

Description: SHort with brown hair, and brown eyes. fast.

Creature:Dragon (Water) Weapon- Bow/Arrow

Other info: She loves looking for things that are... Different in the forest.A born Recluse, she loathes having anything to do with other people. She is wanted for several crimes against the Aeron Knights such as speaking against them in public, calling them nasty little blighters, and trying to set the strange creatures they had free.

"Ai. Mystica's fallen into ruin it has." Tenkaa's hand ran down a small squirrels back. "Soon Ill have to go back into town to get a new pair of gloves, this one's almost worn out." The squirrel looked at her. "Ill get you some nuts too." she fell unconcious as a mysterious somthing hit her in the back of the head.

"I will disprove that wretched old geiser" said Giovanni heavily panting as he slowed to a walk through the pitch black undergrowth of this southern most area of the forests of Keppler..."All I have to do is find the way to read these odd scripts once again..." Now looking down towards the ancient book in his hands, he noticed a deep glow from beneath the dust covering the pages...quickly he hurried to brush it off, when he stumbled over something..."Errrrrrrrr.....stupid tree limbs all over the ground!" But then while starting to sit up he noticed that this wasn't just as tree limb, but the figure of a person...

Name: Shikaraa Karuu

Description: Skinny and average size. She pratices her weapon skills in her spare time. You can't be too sure about evil.

Creature: Carnes (Ice) Weapon- Knife Pair

Other info: Tries to hide her feelings against the knights. They always had been the bossiest people she had known. No one makes Shikaraa look like a peasant.

Shikaraa was frantically harvesting. The Great Blizzard was about to come through. Yup. This is what you get for living with parents that decide to move to a tundra. Good ol' Sarin. Her mom came out. "Shikaraa, come inside. You're working yourself to death!" Shikaraa kept working. "I don't want to starve this winter. Sorry."

Name: Thickfur

Description: Tall, with blonde, thick hair. And deep blue eyes

Creature: Carnes (earth)

Other info: Thickfur's name comes from the religion of her tribe, she was named for the Carne she was given at birth, an Earth Carne that had long, thick, fur.

"That'll teach ya' to hang around my tribal lands!" Thickfur stayed where she was thinking about how proud her father would be when she went home. But then she noticed that the person wasn't moving. Oh no! Thickfur was almost to the person when someone else found her. "Wait! Let me look at her!"

Guest �strophysicist

Name: Traildenor

Description: Thick brown hair mixed in with his facial hair. He is rather tall and a worthy adversary.

Creature: Dragon (Air) Weapon- Broad Sword

Other info: He is a loner, takes what he needs and shows no mercy. He is wanted in several cities for his crimes.

"Where are my gold peices Falenite?" shouted Traildenor.

"I beg of you, I need more time!" a skrawny man was lying on the ground.

"I have given you enough time. I know you need to eat but where is my food going to come from if I am giving out loans all the time?" Traildenor's broadsword was getting closer to Falenite's throat with each word.

"Please don't kill me! I will give you the gold, just please don't kill me.!"

"I'm not going to kill you... now. Have my gold by tomorrow or you'll regret it."

Falenite staggered to his feet and ran out of the woods.

I hate peasents, they beg and beg. And they give nothing in return. Bloody shame I have to be a loan shark, Traildenor thought to himself while he was walking deep into the woods.

...What on Mystica...who would dare to be out in the forests at this time of night?...Why am I even thinking that, I am out here... "Ummm...are you okay?" asked Giovanni, but no response. Then the faint glowing of the books pages caught Giovanni's attention once more...I can probably use this as a light source for now...He quickly dusted off the pages to show brightly glowing scripts, but then turned his attention to the apparently unconcious person besides him...Hey, I've seen this person before...she is on one of the wanted posters I saw in the far trade village of Dreagar...I think that the name was Tenkaa Mitsubu.

Guest �strophysicist

Traildenor heard voices in the distance and ran as fast as he could away from them.

Damned Aeron Knights. Why can't they just let me be?

He tripped on a root and he looked up. An enourmous sleeping monster lay slumped over in sleep. Each breath had steam pour out its nostrils.

Oh, what is this thing which lies infront of me? It doesn't look like anything I have ever seen in my life.

Tenkaa Opened an eye. "I would appreciate it if you didnt hit me again." She dusted herself off and looked at the person who had hit her.

Shikaraa was running inside. The wind started blowing at her and the snow got in her eyes. Too late. The house is too far away, I'm going to die. A huge hulking mas covered her. She was propeled ahead and made it in the door. "Shikaraa! I told you to come in earlier! You've become careless. You're lucky to still be walking." Shikaraa nodded her head.

Now looking over to the newly conscious Tenkaa..."So you are finally awake...I was starting to think that you were dead or something of that sort...and to let you know, I wasn't the person who hit you....I tripped over you just a while ago, and you were already unconscious"

Guest Тeen_�stronomer

The beast as enourmous. Traildenor tried to crawl away without waking the sleeping firebreather. But his efforts were futile.

The beast awoke with a roar and began chasing him furiously. Traildenor was running for his life. He finnally started to get tired and decided to jump onto its back. It worked.

It slowed down trying to shake him off.

Traildenor noticed that it had been harnessed. There was a strange symbol on the harness. The unmistakable crest of the Aeron Knights.

Guest Тeen_�stronomer

Traildenor quickly untied the beast and it calmed down enough for Traildenor to get off it.

"What are you supossed to be?" asked Traildenor, not hoping for an answer. He just needed to talk to something.

It made a shrill shriek, like it was answering.

"Well I have never seen anything like you before." then he noticed a vice on its tail, also a weapon used by the Aeron Knights.

"Oh the stories you could tell if you could talk. Would you allow me to remove that piece of trash from your tail?"

It gave an acknowledgement in the form of a low pitched yelp.

"Ok, I will need you to stay still. This might hurt." he said as he began to inspect the contraption. It looked like a cuff, with spikes on the inside to restrain. There were several deep cuts on its tail as well as sword scraps on its legs.

He found the hole for the special lock that only the key of the Aeron Knights could open.

"I am now glad I stole this key off of that dead Knight. Hold still now..."

"Aye, ok then. Im wanted, Just dont turn me in, or Ill have to turn YOU into a squirrel like my friend over here."

Shikaraa saw the same hulking mass running out into the forest. What are you? It had a lot of fur and looked like a cat.

Name: Star

Description: Broad, white coat with purple hair and, strangely enough, orange hoofs

Creature: Unicorn (White/Healing Magic) Weapon-Short Sword

Other info: Star is a lot smarter than other creatures her age. She often takes trips into the deep woods to explore a bit.

Star was quietly trotting through the thickness of the woods, searching for a way out. She eventually came to a stop and sighed. "Way to go," she spoke to herself. "After all the trips you've taken in these woods, you've managed to finally lose your way back. Brilliant, just brilliant." Star sat on the ground and tucked her legs under her. The young unicorn looked around for any openings, but in vain. "I need to get back before mom discovers that I've been missing for a while." She reluctantly stood up and started walking again. For reasons she couldn't understand, Star felt some sort of other presence in the woods. Nonetheless, she continued her search.

"Dont scream, Youll alert them!" "Who's them?" "The Areon Knights." "Then We'd better go!" Tenkaa ran off in the direction of a nearby cave. The dragon followed her.

"You're wanted?" Thickfur followed her. Oh, the stories she could tell me about the outside! Thickfur had never left the village before, and she longed to enter the city with Marcolo, her Carne. "THICK-FURRRRR!" called a voice from the distance. Thickfur stopped. She could also here the rythmic sound of pounding paws. Not Sunheart! "Marcolo!" The Carne jumped on her. "Sunheart! Stop! You're sounding like the Aerion Knights! Shut it!"

Guest Тeen_�stronomer

"WHOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!" shouted Traildenor, he was riding on the back of the dragon which he had helped so greatly.

The beast was a magnificent animal. Wingspan twice as long as its length from head to tail. Its sleak body slid through the air like a dart. It had a dirty iron color to its scales and its head was nearly twice the size of Traildenor's head.

It was rather easy to hold onto it. It alowed Traildenor to hold onto it's neck while it flew and gave one hell of a ride.

"WOW! I'M GOING TO CALL YOU MALKYOR!"

It screamed in disaproval.

"Oh, your a girl. Let's see. How about Althea?"

She gave a small purr then a shreik. But it didn't sound like a bad shriek. Just something to say for approval.

"Stop!" The dragon was insistent."Good. now Ill fly you to the town, Youll be safe there." "But Im wanted, Theyll see me and attack for a bounty." "Fine. Then I could kidnap you and leave you in a desert." "What are you waiting for? Lets go! I need new gloves anyway." She climbed on the dragons back. "Whats your name? And why can you talk?" "Thrysta. And did you really think that I was a dumb brute like those savage air dragons?" "... Hey! Stop! There's the town!" "Not my town." "..."

In all of the comotion of the aparent arival of the Aeron nights, and a massive beast which ran off with Tenkaa, Giovanni had fallen back, tripping over a tree trunk. I'm going to be killed by those ruthless knights aren't I...I've been caught with a criminal...this girl and that creature she is with will also...die...

"This is not so..." echoed from all of space around...then everything seemed to...stop...The girl and her cat like creature stood frozen looking behind them...the figures of the Aeron Knights and their black armor could be seen frozen, looking out from beech and oak trees...and The shadows of Tenkaa and the beast she had run off with were all which was visible..."My coming shall not endanger your safety young one, neither shall it harm this girl and her Carne's either"...Giovanni sat froze string into space trying to find where this voice was emenating from..."You shall not see me, as I am invisible in my current state...Quickly invision a creature which can quickly escape from the position which we are now in..." Giovanni thought of several of the animals which he had seen throughout his life, but then thought about the fact that none of them could save him..."Voice, I have chosen a creature which is not fact within our world, but legend. The name by which it is called is the Gryphon, also known as the Griffin..."

"That choice is perfectly well suited young one..." Sudenly, particles of what seemed like light started condensing into a figure which slowly but surely took on the shape of a Gryphon. "When this lapsed of time is returned, grab that girl and her Carne, and jump upon my back as quickly as possible..." Everything then returned to moving as before. Remembering his instructions Giovanni leaped towards the girl...

Thrysta landed in a small village that was terrified by the sight of Tenkaa, She heard one of them yell "Areon Knight! Run!" so Thrysta told them that she was friendly."Are these people trustworthy?" "They havent tried to kill me yet, so Id say yes." "Ok, Good. They wont turn me in, right?" "They hate The Areon Knights as much as you do." "Great. are they any good at making gloves?"" Of course." "Im gonna go get some then." Tenkaa strolled off looking for a place where they sold gloves.