How Did You Find Out About TDN?

Tyler.

So we're all here now. But the question is. how did you find out about TDN? I found out the Altador Plot is still open earlier this year so I wen to Google and searched "Altador Plot Guide" and Found TDN. And just so you all are aware, when I join something I won't be leaving. So you're gonna have to put up with me.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found this site while looking for a plot guide for the Tale of Woe plot. I'm pretty sure that I had used a different Neopets help site to finish the Altador plot, then the Tale of Woe was released, and the site I had used before wasn't updating fast enough. I did a Google search, and it brought me here. I started using TDN for my dailies after that. I didn't join the forums until the following spring, though, and I didn't start posting until the puzzle contest started in summer 2007. I've been hooked on this forum ever since.

When I was a 3 monther I think, I was looking for sites that had cheats for the neopets games and after searching for about an hour, I decided TDN had the best game guides, cheats, and detail. Eventually I inched my way to the forums...

Somebody in my guild linked me to an article here back in 2005. I began looking back occasionally, then I became hooked. Eventually, I started commenting on the articles and pictures under the title "Mia the Follower." At some point in 2006(?), an article came up and it mentioned something about the forums so I finally gave in and joined.

Just my luck, I had about a month until the forums were going to down to be completely revamped and make the new forums we have today. Except they aren't new to all of you guys. Just us oldies. :P

I was looking for a foolproof way for me not to forget any of the dailies as I'm pretty useless at remembering all of them! It took me quite a while to move into the forum as well though...I think I was bored after completing all of my main games and such like!

I had a couple of dailies sites booked marked but TDN was by far the most efficient way to get them done. The forums I would read off and on but didn't start checking them regularly until AOTA & the recent Games Master Challenge. It was so unbelievably helpful that I knew I had to start accessing the forums more often and start contributing as well :)

I actually found out about the ALP here, so I just started posting about a year ago, cause that's what I needed to do to be able to borrow pets and items and whatnot. Then while posting I got to know some of the people here and from there I guess I just got hooked xD. In the end, I never actually used the program that much, just a couple of times, and I've quit Neopets a while ago, but I'm still here :D

I *think* I was looking for a list of avatars.. and I realized there was a checklist so I could easily figure out what I needed and eventually found the list of dailies.. then started reading the main page and game guides. The forums were just the next logical step!

I still remember the very FIRST place that one of my best friends showed me before I discovered TDN was nothingbutneopets.com

:O I was there before TDN too! Except I think my name was Rainbow's End. I don't remember.

I found TDN through an affiliate.

When I first joined, I think I was out looking for tips and such and I stumbled across PPT, about a week before TDN became completely seprate from it. I managed to find TDN again when I looked back later, and shortly after that we had a short run with a shoutbox that was open to all on the main site. Lasted (and someone correct me if I'm way off) less than two weeks if I recall. Matt said I should join the forums when I was chatting with him on it and here we are. xD

I'm pretty sure I was just looking for game help at first XD (through Google)

I joined the forum to comment on the news, stayed a bit, then I got busy and I came back around when they had an open position for French translator during Journey to List Isle plot ;D

I remember the shoutbox, Brittney! I think it lasted a little more than 2 weeks, but yeah, died fast. Easily spammed and hard to control, but it was fun to chat live with people on the forums.

I was searching for plot help, and I found TDN just before we upgraded the site. I think I just figured "Why not?"

It's been a loooong time. Thanks everyone, for making TDNF so special. :)