Dueling Decks - New Game!

Ian

I'm up to 17,000 points and am way too bored.

You're bored? Do something about it! I was bored earlier and now I've worked out how to track the positions of cards, not to mention the actual median values for each stat, and some other stuff, and I'm still playing with it some.

http://www.neopets.com/neoboards/topic.phtml?topic=138077550

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like this game :) kinda reminds me of the Pokémon cards.. ah those were the days.

So, what difficulty are you guys playing? He keeps beating me at Hard ;p so I'm playing on Normal

I'm trying to get 25k.. but the highest I've gotten so far is 3k. Even when I'm trying to lose cards, I still win (Normal).. but Hard is too hard xD

Nevermind, I just got 30k :D

Hard mode is the best mode IMO, he chooses for you and if your keeping your numbers in a good range he never really beats you and you never really beat him. You just duke it out racking up pts. I think i might just write a game guide on it. Explaining strategy for each of the different difficulties.

I did it on normal by just repeatedly getting him down to about 5 then allowing it to go back up to 10 (even) - that way I could keep getting the 5 bonus without losing or winning. It took a VEEEERRRRY long time, but it is doable.

Yes! I finally beat AAA in Normal :) That was definitely a test of my patience though, especially having to let go of really good cards like Dr.Sloth or Ylana hahaha. As soon as I hit 25k I was like, "I should try for a high score!".....and immediately won 4 times in a row by accident, making me win the game ^_^ Ah well. I really like the game, going to add it to my daily list since its so easy to get 1000 np off it.

I want more challenges, moreeeeeeeee!

I really like this game, but annoyed because its not letting me send my score >:( Its just like top trumps :P Glad they finally made a game here of it :)

Do you not get any extra points if you win the game? I've not beat him yet, as I do just keep losing on purpose to keep playing :P

I had a pretty easy time beating both Abigail and AAA, thanks to this thread informing me that I had to keep the game going to win. I played against AAA on hard, since the points are higher, and it wasn't too difficult.

I don't think I'll play this game again, though. I tend to only play games that are fast neopoints for me.

I jsut played for the first time - got a little over 14K. When I have an hour to spend on this game, I might acutally get 25K.

Several of the cards are awful - Price is a fantastic example...however these can come in really handy when you are deliberately trying to lose, particularly when you've allowed the opponents hand to get too low. It's just how you use the cards.

This game sucks...at least in the AAA scoring aspect...

I think it's a good game, but I can't get 25,000 points...I can't even get 20,000...there's only so far into the game you can go before either you beat him accidentally or he beats you even with the wildcard...and I end up being short every time no matter how much I try to let him win. I do the 5 win streak and then try to lose, and he'll pull out some crappy card like Werther and I'll win by mistake...there are some cards that are so bad that no matter what you'd lose...Roothless has the highest intelligence, then Sophie, I try to use Roothless as an ace in the hole, Sophie as another one if I have Roothless. But sometimes I end up losing them to Judge Hog and his ridiculous stats.

I think Judge Hog is the best card overall, he's decent in intelligence, highest possible courage, and pretty decent in charisma...then I get some cards that are like...wtf? Gorix is AWFUL...and then I end up having to pull him out last, play Nightsteed Wildcard and it's not strong enough to beat Hog in any category except intel and never would the guy use intel with Hog...

Hmm... You can't beat AAA by just winning straight. You'll have to lose back to the mynci, and thus it will take forever to get to 25k. Anyone else agrees that tnt/AAA overdid this game challenge by setting such a high score?

I think they overdid that score. It takes soooo long to get to 25,000... well I assume because it takes so long to get above 15k and I haven't even reached 25k yet. Like others, I either beat the mynci accidentally or the card draw completely favors him and even the wild card can't save me. Very frustrating.

Finally did it. Yay! :-) Glad to be done with that challenge.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Iceheart) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please do not double post; use the edit button instead.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.