Anime, anime and more anime!

BlackJaguar

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the part where

she said: "How can papa go to work if they're burying him?". Yes I cried on that too.. The child is completely in the state of denial

I'm excited. I'm waiting for

Ed and Al's mother to show up

Yes, the part when she was

screaming "Daddy!" and the panel was just the long shot of the cemetary. And when Roy and Riza were talking afterwards.

I'm confused. In the manga,

Was the fuhrer's secretary really a Homunculi that looked like Ed and Al's mother?

Or was that just an anime thing?

Why yes, I have missed a lot. :laughingsmiley:

I haven't read the manga but that what happen in the anime..

EDIT: OK i just watched the recent episode and I like the cool new opening song. The new ending song is a bit slow for me.. It seems both are already available on my favorite download site (on TV size) but I think I shall wait until the full versions are available.. :D

I know they approached the concept of Ed and Al's mum differently. I just forgot how different it was. o.o

I haven't seen the newest OP yet. I did like the one by YUI, I found it different from her usual music. :D At least Animax also shows it and they show it in the original Japanese.

No offense to Animax but sometimes... Their dubbers annoy the heck out of me. -_-

No offense to Animax but sometimes... Their dubbers annoy the heck out of me. -_-

I know what you mean.. When they dubbed Nodame Cantabile to english they had several problems which took them a few episodes to fix:

1. They left the subtitle on so I can see the difference on how they dubbed it.

2. There was an episode where you can still totally hear the japanese audio together with the english audio.

I actually love watching animes in original audio rather than the dubbed one.

I download my MP3s from gendou.com.

Don't get me started on them dubbing Flame of Recca. Seeing one of my old favourites butchered with bad pronunciation made me want to throw things at my TV set. And in Card Captor Sakura when they pronounced "Yue" as "yoo" instead of "Yoo-eh," I got irritated.

At least the other anime channel here, Hero, even though they dub it in another language, I can still appreciate it more than Animax's english dubs.

Don't get me started on them dubbing Flame of Recca. Seeing one of my old favourites butchered with bad pronunciation made me want to throw things at my TV set. And in Card Captor Sakura when they pronounced "Yue" as "yoo" instead of "Yoo-eh," I got irritated.

At least the other anime channel here, Hero, even though they dub it in another language, I can still appreciate it more than Animax's english dubs.

Yeah.. Even the Filipino version of Card Captor Sakura managed to get that correctly but why can't they?

Can you understand Filipino? :D I love watching shoujo animes from Hero (of course I can understand it perfectly since I'm from the Philippines *pokes side bar*) and also some anime which I used to watch from AXN before (ex: You're under arrest).

Since I too am from the Philippines, I can understand Filipino. :D For some reason, dubbed anime just sounds funnier in Filipino than English. ^_^

I remember when they still showed anime on AXN! Back when there was no Animax! :O I remember Fushigi Yuugi. I KNOW there were other titles but I just can't place my finger on it. -_-

Since I too am from the Philippines, I can understand Filipino. :D For some reason, dubbed anime just sounds funnier in Filipino than English. ^_^

I remember when they still showed anime on AXN! Back when there was no Animax! :O I remember Fushigi Yuugi. I KNOW there were other titles but I just can't place my finger on it. -_-

Really? I didn't know you are from the Philippines too (now that I realized it, it's funny that we are talking here not knowing we are just miles apart.. :P)

Let me remind you of some of them:

1. You're under arrest 1 & 2

2. Ayashino ceres

3. Alien 9

4. Boys be

5. Chuuka Ichiban (Cooking Master Boy)

6. Dual! Parallel trouble adventure

7. El hazard

8. Gatekeepers

9. Groovy Adventure RAVE

10. Legend of Condor Hero

11. NieA_7

12. Sakura Taisen (Sakura Wars)

13. Soreyuke! Uchuu Senkan Yamamoto Yoko (Space warship Yamamoto Yoko)

14. Vandread 1 & 2

*runs to the window* BLAAACCKKKKKKK JAAAAGUUUUUAAAAR! Did you hear me then? :laughingsmiley:

Oh yeah! El Hazard and Vandread were two that I became interested in for a little while. But stopped when I couldn't catch them anymore. Groove Adventure RAVE held my interest for much longer.

But I never did find out how they ended. Once I get a free vacation, I'll try to catch up. With 51 eps of RAVE and 26 eps of El Hazard, that's gonna take up a lot of time. :P

*Tries to hear Lia's scream despite the strong rain*

I'm sure they didn't finish Rave on AXN (if I remember correctly, they cut it after the owner of the Sinclair appeared and kiss Ellie *only 6 swords are shown*). I still remember the ending of El Hazard though *keeps mouth close to prevent spoiler*

I know Ellie is a big part of the plot, I just haven't figured out why. I still need to try and catch up. Vandread was enjoyable too, full of ladies though. Needs more bishies! :P

I believe it has something to do with

her (Ellie) lost memory

I <3 the story of Vandread especially during Season 2. It was always fun when

the Nirvana and fires hundreds of laser beam. I wonder how the vanguard pilots manage to dodge it too?

:P

speaking of mech anime.. I like Gundam and more recently Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann which now holds the record for the "tallest super robot" (measured in light years).

I really cried at Simon last battle line in the that anime.

I used to be a big Naruto fan, but stopped watching for religious reasons. It's awsome but can be dark at times. Shame too, Naruto made me laugh when he would get hit, Sasuke was cool, and Sakura was funny when her head got huge and she did that funny angry face xD

I sacrificed my major exam study break to catch it daily haha!

That's what I call dedication. :P

I used to be a big Naruto fan, but stopped watching for religious reasons. It's awsome but can be dark at times. Shame too, Naruto made me laugh when he would get hit, Sasuke was cool, and Sakura was funny when her head got huge and she did that funny angry face xD

I've actually memorized the hand signs for Sasuke's "Gaton Grand Fireball Technique" and half of the hand signs of Zabusa's "Water Dragon Technique".

I was never able to memorize the hand seals.

But a friend was able to memorize all the symbols that Recca from "Flame of Recca" used to call forth his dragons. :D

I'm only up to the fifth dragon. I can't memorize the symbols for the last 3 dragons.

My friend provided me some spoilers from the FMA manga. now i can't wait to watch it on anime!!! especially

Sloth vs. Armstrong