Anime, anime and more anime!

BlackJaguar

Nope, it's not about Brittney. This trend is all about ANIME!

Talk about anything from your favorite anime to the characters you love/hate the most. Brag about you unlimited anime knowledge and share information about new releases, conventions, collectibles and many more...

EDIT: Ah! Megami Sama FTW!!! :woot:

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm.

I did waste a whole lot of my childhood watching dragonball z xD

Lately I've been watching Fist of the North Star on the internet. very good. also, very gruesome & violent.

And if you ever have the chance, watch the movie Akira. (it is a little inappropriate, just warning you) It is one of the best things I've ever seen. (& I'm still looking for scans of the original manga translated to english)

I'm kinda picky in the anime I watch xD

hmm.

I did waste a whole lot of my childhood watching dragonball z xD

Lately I've been watching Fist of the North Star on the internet. very good. also, very gruesome & violent.

And if you ever have the chance, watch the movie Akira. (it is a little inappropriate, just warning you) It is one of the best things I've ever seen. (& I'm still looking for scans of the original manga translated to english)

I'm kinda picky in the anime I watch xD

Me too. but I'm still wasting my time watching them until now. I'm currently rewatching those anime that I haven't completed and I'm crazy downloading anime MP3s.

I saw some gruesome anime in the past which I wish I can watch again.

Anime!!! :heart:

Currently re-obsessing with Saiyuki; one of my first animes ever. :)

Did a manga sabbatical and a subsequent anime appreciation one a couple of years back and that's when I watched the classics such as Princess Mononoke (sp?), Akira, Ghost in a Shell etc. Wonderful memories.. And catching Howl's Moving Castle in the cinemas with a group of friends =D. Good ol' times.

Not planning on entering new animes soon, due to school and all (not risking releasing the fangirl in me XD); although I am kind of tempted to pick up Bleach from where I've left off (after the fillers irritated me so much that I stopped watching it completely) but I STRONGLY suggest reading the manga instead. -.-

Anime fanart anyone? =DDDD

Anime?! :D

Anyone read the manga or seen Fruits Basket (Furuba)? I used to be IN LOVE with that! I spent about 3 hours online looking for a fan site dedicated enough for me xD

Oh and the movie Spirited Away is awesome!

Hmmm, does the movie Totoro count as anime? lol It's so cute!

Haha, Anime is wonderful. Like Quin said, Fruits Basket is brilliant..

Really, every anime has a great storyline and wonderful animation. Guess I'll list a few of my favorites;

Code Geass

K-ON!

Bleach

Naruto

Gundam 00

Death Note

Valkyrie Chronicles

Full Metal Alchemist

Full Metal Alchemist! <3

Otherwise, I'm for the usual shoujo. But more of a manga fan than an anime fan. But I go for Emma: Victorian Romance. The art is clean and well-rendered and the story is touching. :)

I remember getting into Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles a while back. But then Sakura just kept annoying me. I feel like I hold on just for Tomoyo-hime and Kurogane.

im up-to-date with a lot of mangas but not as much with the animes. i think my favourite anime is D.gray-man but my fav manga is definately 07ghost :D

Ah, Emma

Otherwise, I'm for the usual shoujo. But more of a manga fan than an anime fan. But I go for Emma: Victorian Romance. The art is clean and well-rendered and the story is touching. :)

Ah! Emma! I love that anime.. I used to stay up up to 1 in the morning just to watch it (because it airs 12mn - 1am). Such a touching story..

Currently have 556 anime Mp3s in my laptop (I need to download a lot more)

Here is my initial favorite list:

Ah! Megami sama - (Oh! my goddess) *the OVA and manga are much better though*

You're under arrest! 1 & 2 - Anyone remembers this?

Bokura ga ita - First anime I watch in DVD marathon *took me more than 12 hours*

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - (Rumbling hearts) the ending made me cry

Boys Be - I hope they make a continuation for this

Card Captor Sakura - i love the movies!

Gundam - Wing, Seed & Seed destiny

Initial D - Fujiwara Tofu Delivery!!!!

pokemon - Can this be considered anime?

Mahou Sensei Negima & Negima?! - Contract activate!

Ookiku Furikabutte - (Big windup) I want to see the continuation of this.

Ranma 1/2 - this made me *lol*

School Rumble 1 & 2 - Yakumo!!!! <3

Special A - Miss # 2 :P

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann - currently holds the record for the tallest super robot (measured in lightyears)

I grabbed all the Emma episodes and watched them again in one afternoon. SUCH A CRY FEST. *sobs*

When

Will proposed to Eleanor,

I wanted to reach in and strangle him! >:C Good source of drama, though. :P

Ah, yes. Ranma 1/2. So confusing but so much fun! :D

I grabbed all the Emma episodes and watched them again in one afternoon. SUCH A CRY FEST. *sobs*

When

Will proposed to Eleanor,

I wanted to reach in and strangle him! >:C Good source of drama, though. :P

I know what you mean. But I feel bad for

Eleanor too when Will said he still loves Emma. Eleanor truly loves Will

. I know what she felt that time.

Ah yes! Hakim for the WIN!!! If only Eleanor's sister is not married they could have been a great pair.

Still the best would be

when Will spoke to Emma while on the neighbor's balcony

! Someday, I will try to do that! :D

Anyways, I wonder if there is any Ah! Megami sama (Oh! My Goddess) fan here?

Monica's husband is such a pushover. :laughingsmiley: Hakim and his girls did the most fun things on the show.

:O Oh yes! I was all "WILLIIIIAAAAAM! *SOBS* THIS TOTALLY MAKES UP FOR EVERYTHING!"

Such a moving scene.

Monica's husband is such a pushover. :laughingsmiley: Hakim and his girls did the most fun things on the show.

:O Oh yes! I was all "WILLIIIIAAAAAM! *SOBS* THIS TOTALLY MAKES UP FOR EVERYTHING!"

Such a moving scene.

Let's count them:

1. rode on an elephant's back

2. took a nap outside the window

3. rode a car (or should i say the side of the car considering all 5 of them got on)

4. seduces the car driver :P

Oh! and laughed so hard when the neighbor asks Will to tell her everything after *talk about gossip*

Let's not forget:

5. Rode the car through the Jones house

6. Got Monica all Bollywood-styled

Told Emma in Vol 7: "If you ever get bored of William, you can always come to me."

*giggles*

Well, he did use her balcony to

make his true feelings known to the woman he loves, her employers, co-workers and everyone in London.

One must hear the full story after hearing THAT. :laughingsmiley:

I've no idea where to find downloads now that Emma has been licensed in the US. *coughs* I bought Volume 4 and I read it for the squees. It's the one where

Will's mother takes an unsuspecting Emma to Will's engagement party. Will sees Emma, Emma sees Will, Emma sees Eleanor and DRAMA ENSUES.

*gasps*

I've got the subs of the Emma anime and watch particular episodes again and again. :D I suggest going on an episode marathon with a box of Kleenex handy. *sobs*

More anime that I remember watching back when Animax was my only source of anime and/or when I was a kid:

- Paradise Kiss (I kicked myself in the end.)

- I Wanna Be an Angel! (So cute.)

- Ranma 1/2

- Fushigi Yuugi (When I was a kid. Only then did I realize how not kid-friendly it was)

- Yu Yu Hakusho

- Pokemon

- Chrono Crusade

Why yes, I was a huge anime fan. :D Still am! <3

- Fushigi Yuugi (When I was a kid. Only then did I realize how not kid-friendly it was)

If you think Fushigi Yuugi is not kid friendly, try watching Ayashino Ceres (made by the same persons who made Fushigi). "Now and Then, Here and There" is another one not suited for kids.

Part of me wants to, but another part says no. Yuu Watase is a good manga-ka but after Fushigi... Eeehhh... Miaka was useless for me. -_- Now, the heroine in Fushigi Yuugi: Genbu Kaiden, SHE was useful! She kicked butt! :O

With the pretty colours and cute characters, some people think all shoujo is good for kids. But... *cough* Some of it isn't. On the other end of the spectrum, FMA may push the limits what with all the backstory involving the Ishbal war and whatnot.

I think it's going to be a lot darker since it will follow the manga now. Although...

Huuuuuuuughess... *cries* His death

is something I don't want to watch again.

Arakawa's humour shows in the manga a lot. So glad they carry it over to the anime as well. :D

When I first heard the OP, I didn't realize that it was YUI singing it.

Oh goodness.... Brotherhood follows the FMA Manga, so that's why it's still somewhat watchable in my case, yet... that death was just gruesome.

gruesome=yes. But I love how they are presenting it So I'm planning to finish this until the end (despite my very rough schedule)