Earn a Free Neopets Item!

Superfly

<_<

Bad idea, TNT.

I said I would quit after the AC to some people, and now, Neo has just lost another user.

Guess who?

Me.

I'll still stay here, though. ^_^

Anyway, why DO they made these US only things?

It annoys me that just because we are foreign, we get less.

AND - Not able to be used by PREMIUM people.

Stupidest thing TNT have done yet, probably. <_<

So hang on, you mean to tell me that because I am a premium member and therefore paying for my neopets account which helps neopets stay online. I am not allowed the item whereas someone who doesn't have premium and isn't paying gets it, where is the logic in that?

Edit:

After I posted this I was actually sent the item! lol A BIG thanks to uni_poogle_bruce who was nice enough to send me it without me even asking

i just stumbled upon it yesterday :rolleyes_anim:

This post has been edited by a member of staff (Native) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please keep you posts above 6 words. Smilies do not contribute to the post count.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

You guys are wrong. Premi can get it. I did. :)

Here is a screenie. (You can tell I'm premi because of the portal button.)

itworks.jpg

Premi Members: Try turning off your portal. (Click the red and green arrows on the top right hand corner.)

You should be able to get it then, I think. :graduated:

Hope I helped!

I have Premium and I was able to get it just a little bit ago. I have sent complaints to TNT before about the whole "Premium users pay extra but can't even get the same as basic members" thing. Maybe it's starting to pay off? LOL At any rate, it appeared right there where the earlier screenie showed it - even though I'm a Premium member!!! :D

After trying 3 times last night, with 2 different browsers, tonight it works in my Premium account. I do not know if they changed the code last night or what, but I was not able to see it with Premium yesterday.

To address a few questions I have seen:

1. Why US only? Sponsor games and contests are paid advertising for a specific company. If the company only wants to target one specific country's population TNT has absolutely no control over that. The company may only operate/do business in one country, or the product being advertised may only be available there. Pure economics.

2. Changing the country in the profile does not work. TNT looks at the IP address of your ISP to determine the country code. They get this information from your browser, so you would have to commit fraud to change that, which leads to....

3. Changing your Ip address. There are ways of spoofing the IP address, or cloaking it through an anonymizer or proxy server, but they are considered fraud and since TNT logs IP traffic you should consider your account to be expendable if you try any of them. If TNT does not catch you your ISP may very well and that would entail legal complications.

Neopets has another sponsor hunt out where users can get a free item for clicking it. This seems to be a long, drawn-out hunt though with the first post card being available today, July 6 and the last post card being available September 14. This appears to only be for US-residents and premium members not using portal only.

The first one is really easy. Just visit Neopia Central and click on the post card located to the top right of the main shop map. The post card looks like the one below.

hunt_1.png

Once you do that, you will be directed to the sponsor page where you can claim your virtual item. It's that easy. Enjoy your new Cosmic Cheese Stars!

hunt_2.png

Has anyone had trouble with today's card? I clicked the postcard and it popped up with the prize, but every time I click "accept" it says an error occurred :(