Earn a Free Neopets Item!

Superfly

Neopets has another sponsor hunt out where users can get a free item for clicking it. This seems to be a long, drawn-out hunt though with the first post card being available today, July 6 and the last post card being available September 14. This appears to only be for US-residents and premium members not using portal only.

The first one is really easy. Just visit Neopia Central and click on the post card located to the top right of the main shop map. The post card looks like the one below.

hunt_1.png

Once you do that, you will be directed to the sponsor page where you can claim your virtual item. It's that easy. Enjoy your new Cosmic Cheese Stars!

hunt_2.png

In other words, this is another "if you cannot see-allow-the ads (Premium) you are not allowed to play."

Way to continue inhaling mightily Neopets.

I am weighing the pros and cons of the SSW and scratch cards vs. all the extra giveaways. Getting a bit frustrating.

In other words, this is another "if you cannot see-allow-the ads (Premium) you are not allowed to play."

Way to continue inhaling mightily Neopets.

Actually this isn't in the normal ad locations or flash-based advertisement. This is what it looks like:

picture6qmx.png

Tried 3 times, with my main premium account it does not show the postcard. Tried one of my sides, with ads, and the postcard shows. Tried it with my side alias account that does have premium, used IE7 instead of FireFoxie and no postcard. Premium not allowed.

Alrighty. I have updated the news post about premium members. That really does stink. Why can't it show up for you guys too!

Alrighty. I have updated the news post about premium members. That really does stink. Why can't it show up for you guys too!

We get to pay to be the beaten step children!!! LOL

*edit* Does anyone know if it is "legal" to obtain these items on a side account then send to main?? I mean from a non-premium account to the premium.

In my highly cynical, bureaucracy-addled mind I posit that it is a type of revenge. Premium allows us to surf the site and never see any ads, the ads are what bring in their big revenue; therefore, give the rewards to those who trip the ad counters, and dole out minor privileges to we who pay for them.

Of course, this is a highly cynical speculation....

Yay. I'm so excited, I can't wait to get all the items. There seem to be a lot. :) They may even increase in price value after a few years. :D

Yeah, i noticed it this morning because I have installed adblock and was curious what it was doing there...so I clicked it and fortunately found a lovely surprise! (Thanks tdn members for your help with adblock btw!) so if you're interested in this gift and worried about adblock, don't be.

I tried editing my profile so its says I'm from the U.S but it still doesn't work :(
I have tried doing that in the past too, unfortunately websites can tell via your I.P. address and other settings where you are from, I've concluded that is how Neopets tell when it comes to these things, not by the information you give. Grr!