Iced Accounts  

76 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been iced?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you feel it was an unfair ice?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Do you know someone who has been iced?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes to all!

I had a reallllly old account from when I was a kid. Last fall I saw an advert on TV. I found my old password book at my parents house, went home and started playing.... only to be frozen a couple of days later due to suspicious account activity (I think it said?).

How lame is that! I'm still bitter LOL. They said it was because my IP didn't match any longer but I knew all my info (birthday and pin). GRRRR

Are we supposed to be living in our parents basements our whole lives just so we can play? LOL

As for others being frozen, I've met more who have than have not. That's sad.

My oldest account got frozen because I was making contests in the neoboards. Someone thought I was trying to scam users so they reported me. I found out now that it's against the rules to have contests on Neopets so I feel it was technically a fair freeze. Of course most people on TDN will say yes to the last questions because a lot of people make threads here after they get frozen.. LOL

1. No - under 13's can't go on the boards or anything so I can't really be caught for doing much

2. N/A

3. Quite a few people

As I have said - it's kind of hard for me to be sent to Iceland because I can't really do much communication or anything...

But for some reason I did get a warning on Petpet Park before :D

Well to be brutally honest peeps I got unfairly iced the other day, but not only that, every account connected to mine get iced, family, friends and referals so about ten in all. Neopets have been very unfair and uncaring about the whole situation so Im not going back.

I noticed that frozen accounts dont get deleted so Im wondering about the million player statistics, how many of those players are still actually active?

Anyways I now need a new game to play so in my boredom Ive created a blog where Im going to be testing out a whole range of pet/character sites as well as a few MMORPGs for those looking for something new. The blog will be live near the end of the week for those who wonder if there's life after neopets or indeed just want to play other games as well as neopets.

Hopefully it will help someone out, if not it will at least cure my boredom!

1 - Yes

2 - No

3 - Yes

I was frozen when someone hacked my account a while back =/ I don't remember if the person on it self-iced or did something to get me iced. I sent in the form, though, and got it back at the beginning of the next month ;D

And sadly, most of my friends end up frozen and quit ;_; 'tis the fate of many people I meet on the Neoboards.

1) Yes.

2) No.

3) Yes.

I have a bit of a reputation on the boards, if you catch my drift. For years I only came on Neopets to chat on the Evil Things and Monster Sightings board. I've been frozen many, many, many times. Heck, I've been IP Banned quite a few times. Of course, these were all fair freezes, but at times it did seem like TNT was a little trigger happy. I know plenty of people who have been frozen.

If we're only talking about gaming accounts that don't go on the board purely for chatting -- I have yet to get frozen for a reason linked to making neopoints. I did get my last neopoint making account frozen about a year ago when all of my accounts were frozen. I guess I said something TNT really did not care for.

:P

If you're wondering, I've left the boards (excluding stopping in at the Key Quest board to look for a good game/Quests for quest help), so I think my current account is pretty safe.

1. No

2. N/A

3. Yes

I've gotten one warning sofar, but I've known quite a few people who have gotten iced, both fairly and unfairly.

1. No

2. N/A

3. Yes

I have yet to get frozen, thankfully. But I get really worried because I hear so many horror stories of people being unfairly frozen that I get worried that I will accidently do something to get frozen.

Well apparently I was cheating at flash games. I wouldnt even know how to cheat at flash games. I wonder if it ever ocurred to them that I just sat here playing them all week and got really good. I mean, not really REALLY good, I still didnt win any trophies or avatars!

I had my account iced when I was a newbie about 3 years ago for cheating. :laughingsmiley:

I'm all clean now though. :P

1- Yes

2 - Yes

3 - More than one person... which is sad :(

My answers were exactly the same. I think my Aunt's story is the worst that I have heard from people I know. When she signed up neopets was brand new and they didn't care how old you were. She just put in a random birthday and the date that she put in at the time would've meant that she was 1 years old. Once neopets had been around for a few years, they froze her account and said she could have it back once she sent in a copy of her birth certificate. She didn't feel like going through all that and just gave up.

Lucky, I have never been iced. However, I do think sometimes TNT jumps in + ice people before they know the full story. & I think they are to strict in general about some of their rules.

I'm still very annoyed about my last frozen account. I was informed that I was frozen for cheating. Alright, but all I did was re-post a message. BUT I would understand if they said "You were frozen for cheating on Lepetitebear", because that was my account.

However, when I talked to a staff member (I had to go through the Better Business Bureau to get an answer) I was told that I was frozen for cheating on an account that wasn't even MINE.