What do you do for Bdays?

Mimii

My birthday is in one week and one day! I will be 23 and I am now feeling what most adults describe as "dread". :P I don't want to keep getting older, waaahhh! T_T

Anyway last year on my birthday and the year before I went clubbin (which was awkward because I am such an anti-social person) but not this year, I just don't like to drink anymore. All it does is make me all over-dramatic and sick!

I am going to go out to eat like 4 or 5 times with different family members and Kenny (fiance) and that's about it. :\ Older birthdays suck!

So what do you guys do for your birthdays? :D

For the past 5 years, my birthday's been quite 'low-key'.

Last year we bought sushi for dinner. XP

So....birthdays aren't such a big deal here. But I'm going to be a teen this year so we'll see. :P

Clubbing sounds....very off my comfort zone.(who am I to know though XD) I'm pretty anti-social too.

Like Stephanie, I don't do much for b'days. We have lunch/dinner with family and that's it...

Clubbing sounds.. well, not really my thing.. I'm anti-social like the rest of us..

Hmmm I don't remember my 21st (but that's as it should be), I got a tattoo to mark my 25th and had dinner with a friend, I had a huge dinner at our local pub for my 30th. And this year I had a surprise dinner/pub night as well which was nice.

All the other's inbetween were marked by dinners, movies, going to the zoo, etc.

I reasoned that the whole point of birthdays was celebrating that you lived another year, and that's something of a given these days considering the plentifulness of food and sanitation in America. I also hated the fact that I felt like I was always put on the spot when gifts were given out. I was never the "Oh my goodness, this is awesome, I love it, THANK YOU!" kind of person. I'm rather low-key, which my mother, always acting up for a crowd, thought I was unappreciative. I don't celebrate my birthday anymore, although my family members around me still insist upon it at times. Rather bothersome.

I get cake.

My four different favorite flavors. One fourth chocolate, one fourth vanilla, one fourth carrot, and one fourth German chocolate.

Then I open presents. We don't usually do anything big anymore.

Like Stephanie, I don't do much for b'days. We have lunch/dinner with family and that's it...

Clubbing sounds.. well, not really my thing.. I'm anti-social like the rest of us..

LOL You have almost 10 years until you can do that so you might change by then. *pat pat*

I HATE birthdays of any kind unless they are a 'milestone' birthday. I see no point in celebrating otherwise and absolutely refuse to sing 'Happy Birthday' lol

My family usually comes over and have a big dinner. My birthday is right around the first big snowfall so we do a get together just in case we don't get to see each other for Christmas.

Oh... I also refuse to say Merry Christmas.

hee hee, I think they want to do something about the drinking age here because of all the younguns binge drinking..

Yeah that might work a little bit but I don't care how high you set the age limit, once these kids reach that age they will binge anyway and maybe twice as hard because they had to wait for so long.

I normally celebrate it with my family. We just buy a sample birthday cake and sing birthday songs and eat cake. Its quite simple :)

My birthdays fail XD

Always. See, it's in the middle of the summer. Exactly in the middle of the 2 weeks that most people take off for vacations. So no one is around even if I wanted to do something. It has been like that since forever (duh!). But I get awesome cake from my mom XD. Like I can pick the design and everything, and it's covered with candies. Cake and candies = heaven. We tried to go out shopping or to festivals a few times, but then it was raining so it was no fun.

For my 20th birthday, I force my mom to go to the movies with me. We went see Pirates of the Caribbean 2 (Yay Johnny Depp :D). She drove me there in the middle of a storm, and she hates to drive in such conditions XD. (And no, I don't drive despite the fact I will be 23 this summer, don't stare at me like that. Now I've no reason to even learn, we got ridded of the car XD)

My birthday is 3 months minus 1 day XD. It's kinda a tradition to keep a countdown (in months). We start 6 months before our birthdays XD. And when the day comes, I just tell everyone I meet that it's my birthday, and I smile like that XDDDD.

The important is just to do something that makes you happy. I'm not all for big plans and going out with 20 persons, but that's what my sister does. And it makes her happy... so yea.

One week exactly! I now have plans:

- Monday night go to eat at McSalty's (cool pizza place!) with Dad

- Tuesday night (actual bday) go to Nakato (Japanese steak house!) with Kenny, my fiance

- Wednesday night go out to Nonna's (AMAZING small, authentic Italian restaurant. Italians own it still!) with Mom, her Mom and my Grandpa. :D

- May 3rd afternoon go to my dad's mom's house and celebrate with my cousins, aunts and uncles.

Woohooo! Lots of food involved for my birthday.. mwuahaha!!

i usually have a few of my friend over for a sleepover(or we all sleep in a tent in my backyard if there isnt enough room in my house) then we eat popcorn and watch movies as we try to stay awake for as long as we can(very childish i know)

Well, my previous birthdays when I was in highschool would entail a huge sleepover with the following:

1. Co-ed, since we were all friends and the boys would normally end up downstairs anyway, I was allowed. XD

2. Games games games! I love games! I love things like scavenger hunts. Two years ago, some of the guys ended up in frilly dresses because of a task they had to complete. XD

3. FOOD. My mum loves to cook so she always had yummy things for us to eat.

4. Movies! Scary, not scary, stupid-funny. Anything good for bonding. :D

With my family and friends, I just like eating out, having a nice time and bonding with them.

This year involves tree-planting, family dinner, friends dinner and clubbing. Since I'm technically legal and allowed to get into this club now. Woo!