Mimii

Hair Dye  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Do you dye your hair?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not anymore
    • Not yet, I plan to

Have to butt in now because it seems a lot of people are afraid of the 'chemicals'...

The sun can damage your hair, extreme heat can damage your hair, over washing can damage your hair, swimming in a pool/ocean can damage your hair and the list goes on... but people still walk outside under the sun without covering their hair, people still flatiron their hair, people still wash their hair and people still go swimming.

The chance of you damaging your hair due to dying it is very slim (just like the ones mentioned above), unless you bleach it too many times. Some people dye their hair two to three times a month just to achieve the desired color with no problems. If you're extremely paranoid, for whatever reason, use an organic dye but don't automatically write it off because the 'chemicals' will damage your hair. lol

If you're dying your hair multiple times a week, then I'd be concerned LOL :P

• 2 weeks later...

I wouldn't bother dyeing my hair or really doing anything to it, to be honest. It's a dark brown and goes all the way down to the top of my legs. I just shampoo, condition, and air dry, and I tie it up in a braid most days. I get a lot of compliments based on its length, and I would never consider cutting it short mainly because I never had short hair before!

I don't think I'll ever fully dye my hair simply because of the length, but I definitely want tips done eventually ^_^ Dark green, red, or dark purple would be awesome.

And to the tatoo comment, I'm thinking of getting one when I'm old enough xD Nothing big though ;P

Well, I've done it before XD

I got a really strong reddish color before my 21st birthday. And now it's all gone finally. It looked really bad at some point (think orange) and I wouldn't not put back that color. I just waited it and now it's back to my natural color. Not planning to put any new color in them any time soon, but I'd probably do it again... different color though XD.

My sister has a really light skin, and she had her hair dye black. She looked like a dead person. But it's all gone too.

I am a natural red head and proud, so no I wont dye my hair.... ok ok I'll be perfectly honest with you lot, the real reason why I don't dye my hair is that I just cant be bothered with all that sort of thing, besides red hair suits me, why would I bother changing it?

I've had my hair bleached, pink, orange, red, blue, green, black (which faded really fast unfortunately) and my natural colour. Right now it's dark brown on the top (natural) with bleach underneath... if that makes sense. It's been this way for years, I love the look, I stick a bit of colour in places when I can. I thought if I stuck the blonde underneath, I won't have to get it done so often, as you can't see the regrowth :P.

I change my style every couple of months, but I can't cut it. Even if I see an awesome short style, I can't. I just can't :P. I love the longness. Fringe/bangs, yes I love to cut and style that but otherwise NO!

This is what happens when your parents cut your hair boy short until you're old enough to protest. I used to wear long pants and jerseys on my head so my hair would be long.

I have gone off topic.

:crying: I'd get some strange color if I dyed my very dark brown hair. Call me chicken, but I remember my aunt's brilliant orange results (waaaayy before it was cool to have alternate colors on one's head. Now, the gray is coming in & I kinda like the silver twinkles in the sunshine. AND I never have to worry about the sun or surf changing the color I woke up with!! :sick01:

CLL