Anyone noticing a increase in hacked accounts?

bobbybrown

ok so my account was hacked last month all by clicking a trading post offer link that came up at the top where it says the name.. i took a screenshot of it ... cause i always right click and open in new window... then now they have a new account  i know this cause they messaged me with my old password and a LOL ... like it was funny that they hacked me and stole my draik trans morphing potion and a few other unbuyables from my trading post lots... i dont understand why people do this and why they think its funny :( be aware on the trading post this person is hacking accounts and thinks its hilarious... every account ive checked of theirs has been a newbie account .. they use paintbrushes or morphing potions on all their accounts.. be careful everyone... i dont know who this is... but if they can do this to me.. they will do this to other people :( i always tried to help those i could on neopets... i cant believe there are people out there that would take other peoples hard work and just take their items... ughhhh .. just wanted to let everyone know this person is doing this so be super careful in the trading post of newbie accounts with rare items. 

and if u want to know how i was hacked like what happened... i right clicked the link and opened in a new tab and all of my trading posts lots were GONE.. i hurried and changed my password ect and had my account frozen and im keeping in contact with TNT right now having my account monitored.

I was able to get my account back but none of the items that were taken unfortunately

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because it contains inappropriate information.

Please do not call other users out by name on the boards. This information has been removed from your post.

So if we have something in trades, we need to not click directly on the offer- in case it's this or some other hacker, and we...go to our Neomail Inbox through "my account" tab in the top bar, check the username's account to see if they are a newbie and neomail that person to establish that they are indeed offering and you explain at as taking measures to prevent your account from being hacked?

:( I'm so sorry that that has happend to you. Maybe those kind of people are just too lazy to get anything valuable themselves. I can't stand them... But I'd like to get you some stuff (like a paintbrush or 2) if I knew your neopets username to help you earn some cash to get your potions if you'd like it too. :) At any rate, I hope you'll get your items again sooner or later. And thanks for the warning. :)

This is terrible, I'm so sorry that happened to you! Thanks for sharing so we can all be careful! So, if I understand correctly, this happened just by you clicking the link to their offer on your trading post lot?? Scary.

yes all i did was click the offer thing that came up and they took all my trading post items and were in my account and had my password and everything

So if we have something in trades, we need to not click directly on the offer- in case it's this or some other hacker, and we...go to our Neomail Inbox through "my account" tab in the top bar, check the username's account to see if they are a newbie and neomail that person to establish that they are indeed offering and you explain at as taking measures to prevent your account from being hacked?

dont click the link at the top of the page go to the trading post and see if you REALLY have a offer

:( I'm so sorry that that has happend to you. Maybe those kind of people are just too lazy to get anything valuable themselves. I can't stand them... But I'd like to get you some stuff (like a paintbrush or 2) if I knew your neopets username to help you earn some cash to get your potions if you'd like it too. :) At any rate, I hope you'll get your items again sooner or later. And thanks for the warning. :)

nah thats okay dont worry about it hun... just wanting to bring the situation to peoples attention cause i know im sure im not the only one that they have gotten :( they didnt have a chance to get to my bank or anything i have pins on everything... they only had a chance to take the only thing they could take without a pin which was all the items i had in the trading post.

This post has been edited by a member of staff (.Brianna.) because of a violation of the forum rules.

Please don't double post. If your post is the most recent reply and you would like to add something, use the 'Edit' button.

Please check your user inbox to see if you have been contacted regarding this incident, then review our rules.

I'm sorry to know that happened to you, but I'm glad you were able to get your account back, and even if they got the TP items, at least you have a pin for other areas. I don't understand why people do this either. They are mean and probably like to mess with others and see if they can get away with something. It is sad there are people like that, but there are obviously a lot more people who are cool and work for their items and would not take advantage of other people. Best to you and thank you very much for the heads up!

• 3 weeks later...

I'm a newbie on neopets and here but I worked hard achieving my baby aisha and saving up for a transparent paint brush for my future aisia. I'm like 10% to my goal heehee. Just pointing that out, not all noobies are hackers. I'm sorry you lost your items.