TDNF Family - Thank You + Update On Maureen

nightfall8705

To everyone who saw my previous post: http://www.tdnforums.com/index.php?/topic/42519-please-tdnf-family-everyone-please-help-me/#entry763244

To everyone who replied, took the time to write a note of encouragement for a dying woman and her son, to everyone who thought of these people and took the time to send love and prayers to these people... thank you for the bottom of my heart.

Yesterday, I sent the card link (which literally had about 50 signatures) to Maureen's son Peter. This morning, I woke up to a reply from him. Here is what he said:

"Hello,

I've spent a lot of time reading this card and every word written. I am so truly grateful for this. Thank you so much. I couldn't help but cry when I read the overwhelming supported offered by so many individuals who took the time and effort to write such beautiful words. Such things brings great support during this difficult time for us both. So thank you once again and a big thank you to everyone who signed it.

Be in the knowledge that yesterday I read each and every one of these signatures to mother (Maureen) while she lay in her hospital bed. It brought her such support and she is very grateful to everyone of the well wishes.

I'm currently at the hospital and just received further bad news. It would seem that mother's tumors have increased in size and their the chemo has not worked. She is currently unable to breathe well and oxygen has been required for the last few days. Before they were only providing her with regular intervals of oxygen but said they has now become all of the time. We are waiting for the radiology report to see the extent of the growth which will now determine the new few weeks outcome.

Things are extremely critical at the moment. The only thing we have left now is pure hope. Once again I thank you for the card and truly appreciate what you have done and all your support."

--------------------------------------

My heart is truly breaking to hear of this news. It really does seem that dear Maureen doesn't have much time left, and it's devastating how everything is coming together.

I wanted this card to bring them strength and hope and some kind of comfort, you know? I felt the hardest times needed extra love in order to heal throughout the trial.

I have emailed him almost on a daily basis, I have prayed for them every single night... I have sent real cards in the post to encourage them. I have done online surveys in exchange for donations to the charities of my choice. (The current charities I have had a $5.00+ donation earned into are the American Diabetes Association, The US Humane Society, The American Red Cross, The US Fund For Unicef, and currently, St. Jude's Children Research Hospital (for children with cancer) and I'm still going.) It's not much, but I am trying as hard as I can to support them.

I literally have them both and their family on the prayer list of every church in my town!

I wish there was more I could do. I am here in the States and they are in England right now. From where I am, I have done all I could, but my heart breaks all the same as if I have done nothing.

Peter and I were together for a long time years ago. We spent a lot of time in person together despite the distance and the cost, and truly enjoyed being with each other. We were even set to marry and we were engaged for almost 3 years. Truthfully, we broke it off because a lot was going on years ago, but we remained close best friends. It truly breaks my heart into little pieces that he is going through this. Maureen is hanging on the best she can. I know I will ever meet who would have been my mother-in-law. Despite everything, I love him and her very much. Even to this day, they are both very near and dear to my heart.

All I wanted to do was show them that I was here still, and that they weren't alone.

I wish that whenever somebody talked about Cancer, somebody would say, "Oh, you're a crab? That's a nice astrology sign!" Instead, Cancer is a disease that just sucks the life out of innocent people.

What we all did by signing this card did bring some comfort and peace to Maureen and Peter. They were truly touched and humbled at so much kindness and support. Thank you all for helping me help them, if only for a little while.

Please keep them in your deepest thoughts and prayers. Let us all hang onto the hope that SOMEDAY, there WILL be a cure for the tyrant known as Cancer.

I love you all. <3

Thanks Ruto. I can literally feel my heart break for them and for all of the other families in the world who have someone they love suffering from illness. All we can do right now is hope and cry, and I've cried an ocean already.

I wish Cancer were something physical, you know? Something I could mow down with a car a couple thousand times and it could be killed forever.

One day a cure will be found! Hopefully in this generation's lifetime!

I did not see the first post, but it sure would have helped, and after reading this letter, it breaks my heart, brought me things I did not want to remember, but it's always a reminder.

all my best prayers, thoughts, energy from Medellin, Colombia to Maureen, a fighter woman who would give him a big long hug full of tears.

Shad

Thank you everyone for your replies! This means a lot to me and Peter, and his mother.

Shad, if you or anyone else wishes to sign a message to the card who haven't signed yet, you are still able to write a note for them. I will let them know to keep an eye on the card for any new signers.

Here is the link to the card for those interested:
http://www.groupcard.com/c/e7SHRJqaVF3