Thieves Guild Shows Interest In Mysterious Obelisk!

hrtbrk

This is so cool!!! My pets are not ready for the battles but I can't wait to see what is going to happen!! Really, really interesting!

I just *almost* watched it... LOL. It keeps freezing, but everybody at the Neopets Forum are complaining about it...

I can't remember who said Kanrik would re-appear, and that's just happening! So I had to come here and say that it's just exciting to have a new plot. I just hope that it's not all-battledome-related, because I didn't like the battledome before, and probably, I'll not be able to play the new one, as my computer is pretty "old" and some of the new games just don't play here at all... :sad02:

Epic! Finally an up-to-date 'story' rather than a mouse-over comic :D

Glad I have a fast computer ;)

Can't wait until the next step...

If you can't watch it, the text says (Kanrik is the narrator):

It appeared without warning.

Even we were taken by surprise.

My guild got the word to me quickly... (Kanrik takes passage on a ship)

Slow thieves are poor thieves, after all.

I have no use for the empty-handed...

...and arcane artefacts are usually trouble...

But something is different.

This obelisk is different.

No one knows what it's worth, they said. (Kanrik rows a boat ashore)

No one knows who it belongs to.

No one knows what it's for.

The fate of the world could be at stake. (Kanrik attacks a guard at the dig site)

...But we will get it first. (Kanrik and friends stand at the edge of the dig, looking at it...)

Didn't load in Safari. Had to use firefox which annoys me.

Haven't watched it all yet because it freezes and also, how long does it go for?

I have prepaid internet and don't want to waste it all on a super long video.

Edit. Oops don't worry. Risked it. Only goes for a minute and it's EPIC!!!!!

Edited by Alishkah

It's time like this where I wish I had spent more time training my pets, but it got so expensive with the codestones! Oh well, I'm still quite excited to see where this goes and hopefully I can participate a bit with my lil' level 43.

I loved the artwork, and I'm glad they didn't just made it like 3D, but like it's sketch/draw by hand. It makes everything just more epic!

Kinda like you're flipping the pages of an old book when you're a child and needs to read what's next... :laughingsmiley:

I'm now wondering who will come to "save" the obelisk. Like... who's gonna claim it, or try to get it from the thieves. If it's something like: everybody against the thieves, or everybody against everybody to see who's gonna get it at the end...

But I don't think the thieves can do much against the Faeries, unless they have another ancient artifact like the one Xandra used at the Faerieland Ruin, OR, they unite with Judhora...

It's time like this where I wish I had spent more time training my pets, but it got so expensive with the codestones! Oh well, I'm still quite excited to see where this goes and hopefully I can participate a bit with my lil' level 43.

I think the only pet able to go and do some battles is one I'm constantly zapping at the Lab Ray... I never trained any of them, all the levels I got randomly with Coltzan and things like that... :P The few times I went to battledome was against the Neggbreaker *too easy with the amulet*, and trying to make some Defender missions, but I just gave up a long time ago...

NP released a few days ago some images on their FB that have the same style as the video. the most intriguing one is this one

546961_10151377707611005_1908798898_n.jp

Is that Dr. Sloth? :shiftyeyes_anim:

Edit: I saw in the code that there will be a option to Join the thieves, and someone called captain. There is a link to a image called join, but is not working....
I don't see any other factions, and these two are in the same one. Maybe it won't be a war after all, or there will be some kid of struggle between the thieves (us) and another Neopian villain...

Edited by Mireia

NP released a few days ago some images on their FB that have the same style as the video. the most intriguing one is this one

546961_10151377707611005_1908798898_n.jp

Is that Dr. Sloth? :shiftyeyes_anim:

The photo description on FB says

Dr. Frank Sloth isn't about to be overshadowed by a mysterious image of Kanrik, as player seahorsepond showed us with this Art Gallery entry that left us in stitches!

so I'm pretty sure it's not plot-related. :/

I love the video, (I love the fact that TNT made a video!) and I love the Thieves' Guild :D *gets super excited*

^-^'