Hello. I am a new member.

Good evening. My name is Mark, as you may have guessed from my display name. I am happy to be here, and hope to meet many of you in future postings. I am not usually very good at posting introductions, because quite frankly, I don't know what kind of information about myself any of you would find interesting. I have a very dry sense of humor, so I hope at least some of you get it when I tell a joke. Most people don't. Otherwise, feel free to send me a private message or reply to me here if you have any questions.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We have all sorts of people here. Go ahead and tell us about yourself...or not if ya wanna pretend to be a ninja. :D

Anyway, I'm Morgan, and I love cheese! ^_^ Don't eat cookies offered by a DOOM agent, and remember to read the rules! ;)

It is my personal opinion that ninjas lack the proper coolness factor to pretend to be one. I prefer the pirates. There was a big debate around where I live about which one is better. I do hope that I'm not stepping on anyone's toes...but pirates are WAY cooler than ninjas.

I am glad to get off to a good start. I am actually quite surprised that replies to this thread seem to be so fast. Usually message boards that I go to have quite a delay between responses. Pleasant to see that I have the opportunity to talk without such a long waits between posts.

So, I guess that is something about me. I love pirates. I would like my Shoyru to some day be a pirate... of course, first of all, I'll have to zap him back into a Shoyru. But you know how trying to collect avatars is. It's just too expensive to go out and morph the pets you have to everything you need, so you have to rely on the lab ray to get you at least a few of them.

There is another thing about me. I am an avid avatar collector, with well over 200 avatars so far. To be honest, I hope that once I establish myself here I'll be able to get some help with a few items to help me complete the avatar list. Of course, from what I've read, it may take a while to get to that point.

I also like cheese.

Yah....actually, you know what? After playing Phantom Hourglass...I think pirates are way cooler than anyone. I've always thought ninjas were gay anyway...(no offense to anyone who likes ninjas, it's just my opinion). Yah...that's probably why I don't like naruto, ninja turtles, etc.

Well, welcome to TDN Forums! I hope you like it here! =]

Yah...that's probably why I don't like naruto, ninja turtles, etc.

Well, I can't say I didn't like TMNT as a child. The original ones, mind you. Not this new stuff they have out. But I know what you mean. Pirates have a 7-10 coolness factor, depending on the pirate, while most ninjas fall into the 3-5 coolness range.

He likes cheese. He's smart. ^_^

And sometimes you can get a fast reply. Sometimes not. You never know. :/

I know what you mean. For example, I left this page open and turned on an Mozilla's auto-reload feature, so I could check often to see if I got replies. Then I went to go respond to some other posts. It took a while before I could come back here and say anything (because there was nobody to reply to!). But that's okay, there seems to be plenty of things to say. I think I'm going to particularly enjoy the debate board.

I see you've already engaged in the illegal immigration debate. Have fun there. I'm not a big fan of the debate board myself. I mainly stick the the Random Chitchat and the Roleplaying board.

But the RP board has been slow lately...:/

I occasionally like to Role-Play. The only problem I have with RP is that I like it to be quite regulated. Most role-players don't take into account limitations on their character and other players. Of course, that is just my experience. My favorite role-playing experiences are backed by a strict set of rule. I know that's probably not for everyone, but it's my slice of cake.

Actually, the people that participate in RPs here are pretty well-behaved. I don't recall anyone ever going beyond their character's allowed abilities and/or breaking a rule.

We're just kinda dead at the moment...

May I ask what kind of role-playing you usually do? What sort of things you do? Is there fighting? Exploration? Is there a main goal or some sort of proposed purpose? Generally, RP interests me. But there has to be an element of purpose of it to hold my interest for long.

Ohh look Morgan it is your perfect match!!! Likes pirates, cheese and roleplay!! What more can you ask for?? *giggles*

*pulls out the newbie cannon* Welcome!!! I am Marianne... Hope you enjoy it here *cackles and starts shooting pies*

Shooting pies tend to be a dangerous hobby. You should be careful. But as long as we're talking about pie, and since this post is about me too, I'm also rather fond of math. Give yourself a pat on the back if you understand the correlation.

Pie : Pi

I was going to school to be a math teacher, actually, but I changed my focus to History. There's another juicy tidbit, if you're playing attention and keeping a file on me.

Personally, I tend to avoid the RPs that are based off of books, shows, etc., or ones that don't have a good plotline or are vague in what the purpose is. Other than that, I'm open to all sorts. We've had plenty of war, free-roam, and set-goal RPs. You'll find something you like at some point.

If we had more RPers, we'd have more activity going on. Recently, there's only about three or four new posts a day on the entire RP thread, save for the last few days. -_-

Interesting. I don't like RPs based off other things either, but I was involved in an RP like that a while back, when I used to have AOL. AOL utilized chat rooms, that allowed us to utilize them, and we would role-play in the chat rooms, use built in dice rollers to calculate chance, and to create organizations and guilds the RPer's could join. Guilds were mainly responsible for regulating RP, since no single guild could agree on a universal standard.

We have a small list of rules on the RP board that everyone seems to follow, so there's no arguement about what should and shouldn't be allowed in a roleplay.

Also, I'm not much of a history fan. I could never get into it. :/

I've always had some bad history teachers that left a bad impression on the subject. :/

And laziness is good for the weekends...not on Wednesdays. xD

Laziness is good for week days... you know, when you have to work and you aren't getting anything productive done. It's good to be active when you don't work. It means you're accomplishing something in your own life, instead of lining your employer's pockets with gold. ;)

Pie cannons dangerous?? Never!!! *shoots pie into her face* see perfectly harmless *licks cream away*

A different viewpoint, but okay. Just don't get yourself fired from too much laziness. :O

Uh...*destroys cannon*

The cannon is undestroyable Morgan!! GS you don't think DOOM agents are that dumb, do you!!??

What, do I need to be stupid to destroy a simple cannon?

And I wouldn't call your agents dumb...more like simple-minded. :D