Essential Items

antiaircraft

I'm curious to see what items the various people on this forum consider essential. Basically this topic is for posting a list of the things you always (or almost always) bring around with you (of course, you don't have to post anything if you don't want to). Remember to stick to forum rules and general internet guidelines - don't put anything personally identifiable.

As for me, I always have:

• A flash drive
  • A wristwatch
  • A pair of glasses
  • A penknife
  • Several pens (at least 2 black, 1 blue, 1 red)
  • A pencil and eraser
  • A measuring set (protractor, ruler, compass etc.)
  • A calculator
  • A partially solved Rubik's cube

It's not your average emergency kit, but at least I never have any trouble in maths classes. :P

Oh, interesting topic :) I usually have my cellphone, wallet, sketchbook, pencil case, pendrive/pocketknife (they're the same thing, which is the only reason I have a pocketknife lol) and a reading book. Oh, and my car keys! Can't go anywhere without those xD

I normally take:

• Cellphone
  • Wallet
  • Keys
  • Lip balm
  • Pen
  • Sanitary item :P
  • Vitamins
  • Colouring pencil and a drawing pad
  • Smokes and (atleast) one lighter

That is generally what is in my bag everytime I go out, sometimes more :) The colour pencil and drawing pad are for my daughter.

Well, I usually bring along my handphone, wallet, my umbrella, my watch, my jacket, my pencil case and also some stationery in it and also my water bottle with water of course and a reading material, I think thats about it...

Wow, everyone is so practical... I bring:

1. iPod
  2. cell phone
  3. bubblegum
  4. lip balm
  5. snack
  6. hair elastics
  7. bobby pins
  8. at least $20
  9. stone

The stone is a smooth, round, flat one from a rock beach on Lake Superior. It has sentimental value. :)

Guest Levy

Listed according to priority:

1. Wallet
  2. Glasses
  3. Coin thing (For carrying loose change)
  4. 4 Gig flash drive
  5. My two composition books, which contain untyped Torn chapters and some other things.
  6. Mechanical Pencil
  7. Pen
  8. Scientific calculator
  9. MP3 Player
  10. Small notebook, able to fit in jacket pocket

Listed according to what I could dig out of my purse first ^_^ :

~Cell phone

~Lotion

~iPod

~More lotion xD

~Hand sanitizer

~Pocket Bible

~Wallet

~Pocket Dictionary (for quick refferences :yes: )

~Pen

~Breath strips

Well, it really depends where I go out... (I ask my mom everytime we go out if there is something I should bring, and when she says no, I just bring my brain... which helps!)

When I leave to go somewhere alone, I bring my keys, cellphone (but I forget it sometime, and I don't go back to pick it), transport title, ipod, glasses and the tissue to clean them (VERY IMPORTANT)... I also try to have a pen and a piece of paper, emergency food (pack of cookies or a cereal bar), my wallet, a lipstick. And that's about it.

I think I could survive with that... yea... :)

This is very interesting to read! Like V said it really depends on where I'm going. But usually I make sure I have my....

* Daughter of course, I can't be leaving her!

* Keys for house/car/mailbox

* Cell phone

* Purse, which contains my money, license, pens, paper, and all that important stuff (it's practically a suitcase XD)

* Gum

* Those things I keep saying I'm going to quit

* My daughters diaper bag with plenty of diapers, wipes, snacks, and juice

* and always something to drink...usually Mt. Dew

At the very least I always have my mobile and keys with me. Otherwise I normally also have -

- A small notebook,

- A pad of post-it's,

- A small pack of tissues,

- 4 pens (2 blue and 2 black - 2 of each in case someone wants that specific color and one is done *lol*),

- My purse,

- Diary (The day-to-day thing, not a personal thoughts type diary :) ),

- A hat,

- A small hairbrush,

- Dry-skin cream and

- A tesco bag *lol*

Luckily, it's not heavy and fits into a fairly small shoulder bag :)

Sunny days also require sunglasses :)

And if I go a bit further than normal or know I'll have a wait, I take my ipod and/or a book.

Staying overnight somewhere always requires having my teddy bear :D

Ok, I think I'm done! *lol*

Well you see mine all fits in my handbag and since I take my bag almost everywhere I go, it all comes with me :yes:

Pretty much the same thing applies to me, just that I use a large backpack so that I can take around some notes/exercises if I need to. :yes:

I usually try to carry everything with me. People make fun of me and ask me how my pockets carry so much. I keep keys, a notebook, pens, pencils, flash drives, wallet, cash, coin purse, and sometimes books or CDs, among other things. One time, someone was looking for a ruler and a piece of tape... I had both.

Guest jamieleigh

I usually have:

-My cell phone, a white chocolate I named Zanna... (and yes, i name my favorite things...)

-My iPod classic (I call it Valda)

-Gum

-Altoids

-a pen, usually in an out-of-the ordinary color like purple or green

-Black hair ties

-a hair brush

-glasses (I don't usually wear them because I'm in denial of the fact that I need them... but they're with me)

-sunglasses

-scientific calculator, because if I don't put it in my purse I'll forget to take it to my math classes

-my wallet (which usually has no money in it. but it does have my library card, my learner's permit, a books-a-million discount card, and a wal-mart gift card)

-house keys, (hopefully a car key will join my key-chain after September...)

-lip-gloss

And all of that is packed into an unusually small, brown, messenger-bag style purse.

Hey, you guys are really resourceful. I think so. Usually whenever I go out I just bring whatever clothes I happen to be wearing that day. If there's something in my pockets then I guess that's coming with me too. Winging it like that is part of my personality. :D

Here's what I normally (not all the time but hey, I bring them with me a lot ^_^ ) bring with me when I go somewhere:

• An iPod (Yep, I <3 music)
  • A pencil (usually with a terrible point and even worse eraser)
  • Money (Got to have my newest obsession with me ^^ Even if it's just a single penny or all of my money lol)
  • Chapstick or lip gloss

Hmm, I'm guessing that's it :P n____n

The contents of my bag include:

• Sony MP3 player with built-in radio
    Cell/mobile phone
    (Coin) Purse containing several bank cards and identification as well as loose change
    Pens
    Paper
    Address Book
    Nintendo DS and R4 card
    A Book - currently The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne
    Keys for both home and work
    Random pieces of junk such as: hair ties, make up, pieces of plastic cutlery etc

and that's about it!

Okay, so I always bring two bags with me. #2 I normally leave in the car when doing things like going out to eat, but I still always bring it.

Bag #1:

- Wallet (with drivers license, health insurance card, credit card, etc.)

- Camera

- Nintendo DS and two game protectors/cases (three games each)

- Hair brush

- Little mirror-thing

- Flash drive

- Cell phone

- Small dice pouch (filled with three d20s, and two of the following: d12s, d10s, d8s, d6s, d4s)

Bag #2:

- Sketchbook

- Books I need for reference for whatever I'm designing (normally tabletop modules, or story settings/characters) (at the moment this is a book of Nordic runes, and a friend's copy of the Necronomicon.)

- The Poetic Edda, or a book of Sagas. Sometimes Heimskringla, but only when I feel like carrying around twenty pounds of history on the Norse kings

- Pouch of art pencils/supplies (including: 8 types of art pencils, charcoal, two type of erasers, a mechanical pencil, and a pen)

Also, my car keys are almost always in my pocket.