News on Pet Lending and Bony Grarrl Club

Hello there. Nice to see you again. :)

Unless you've been living somewhere deep in the heart of Neopia, you would have noticed the Neopian Pound is back. GREAT. PET LENDING IS BACK! Oooh, it's not all that simple...

See, what has come to light in the Neopian Times recently are a lot of answers to Pound-related questions. One of which outlines that a safe transfer can only occur once a month. One month there, one month back. That's two months per pet lend. That's just silly. But obviously, it mentions this time delay could be shortened dramatically in the near future. When, we don't know, so as of now pet lending is still not available. Keep your eyes peeled, though.

grarrl_mutant_baby.gif

Also, unfortunately our Bony Grarrl Club has gone missing. Whether it was simply an accident or thievery, we can never tell, but we are as it stands BGC-less. :( We're roughly half way to getting a new one, if you take the current donations amount and the collateral amount into consideration. You could help us, or we could just wait for the interest at the bank to help us over the hurdle. :)

Sorry there's nothing positive to report. The Avatar Lending Program turns 2 on Monday, so you might get some good news then. Fingers crossed. :)

---

Matt.

Oh, I thought you were allowed to receive AND give a pet once a month, not only one or the other. If it was the first way, a pet could be donated out once a month, but I guess it's only receive or give once a month. :( Darn. Well, I hope the wait for TNT to shorten the transfer time happens quickly.

Well, I understanded the rules like Crxsnochic explained them (bleh I guess I have some problems to understand what TNT say). Two months is a really loooong time for pet lending. In the new editorial, TNT says that will maybe shortened to one day. *crosses fingers* ^_^

Hope the Bony Grarrl Club will be back soon. That's a shame if somebody stolen it :sad01_anim:

Well, some pets (Grarrl and Skeith to name them) like to eat random stuff from your inventory... so it could have happened >.>

Well, some pets (Grarrl and Skeith to name them) like to eat random stuff from your inventory... so it could have happened >.>

Yes, it's really frightening. I adopted a skeith to zap him (erm, it's a "she" since this morning :laughingsmiley: ) when the pound re-opened, she is all the time in the neolodge, so I'm sure that she doesn't eat anything in my inventory :laughingsmiley:

That should be asked to borrowers maybe :mellow:

Oh, I thought you were allowed to receive AND give a pet once a month, not only one or the other. If it was the first way, a pet could be donated out once a month, but I guess it's only receive or give once a month. sad.gif Darn. Well, I hope the wait for TNT to shorten the transfer time happens quickly.

You can send one pet and receive one pet... just not the same pet xD Crazy right?

You can send one pet and receive one pet... just not the same pet xD Crazy right?

Oh, I see. How confusing of them! :P Though at least safe transfers are possible though! Maybe it will be changed soon to one day, like Ithil mentioned. I hope so. I'm sure TNT wanted to get all the bugs ironed out before opening it up to one day transfers. And I'm very sorry to hear about the BGC. What bad luck. :(

I thought Grarrls and Skeiths would only eat random stuff from your inventory if you viewed their QuickRef pages when they were hungry? At least, that's how it is in my experience, so there's no need to be quite so scared. :P It's a real pity though...

So what's the official price estimate on the BGC as of now?

Well then I have a lot of earning to do if I want to contribute significantly. XD Too bad the stock market takes a lot of time to make NP...

Oh, I thought you were allowed to receive AND give a pet once a month, not only one or the other. If it was the first way, a pet could be donated out once a month, but I guess it's only receive or give once a month. :( Darn. Well, I hope the wait for TNT to shorten the transfer time happens quickly.

That's how I first understood it. But going by the Editorial, that's not the case. We'd do a little test run, but that would mean that if anyone wanted to donate a pet, they couldn't. :(

From past experience, yeah. Back in the old old days, when I had a Skieth, it ate anything and everything at the worst possible time. :/

That's how I'd guess it is. Very silly.

Something around 20 mil according to the Trading Post prices... things have inflated again.

We found that out the hard way. We tried to keep the BGC still lendable to people by keeping the collateral at a maximum of 2/3 of the original price back when we altered the pricings a couple of months back. Turns out it inflated some more and kicked us in the behind. Nevertheless, accident or not, we won't let that person borrow again. Too much of a risk even if it *was* just an accident.

Sometimes I wonder if TNT is trying to specifically prevent stuff like pet lending with the new implementation of the pound. :P

No, I think they tried to make it safer... so less people would complain that they had been scammed. And yes, tests need to be done regarding the user to user transfer option. I know for sure that my Kau refused to get back through it before the new month started... At least, we know that TNT means a calendar month, not a 30 days time ;p.

I hope to see the pet lending back soon, like all of you. ;)

Oh okay, I understand now. Thank you for the explanation :) But it's silly from TNT :laughingsmiley:

Something around 20 mil according to the Trading Post prices... things have inflated again.

20 millions ! 20 MILLIONS ! *die*

I hate these inflations. Like the snorkle snout, I try to get one since one or 2 weeks (people never answer to my offers <.<), when it was priced 110-120k. Now some ask for 200-300k. :sick01:

Well, I'll probably never be able to donate enough to make a significant dent in 20Mil, but I'll try and play some extra games when school gets out next week and see what I can do to help. I'd really like to get that av through ALP, so I better help out!

You know, Matt, it helps if there are other levels of donation other than 10,000 NP. Some people may not be able to afford donating that much, while to others, it may be too little.

Well this is just a suggestion, but maybe the rate of donation would increase (due to competition and whatnot) if you kept a ranking board of the top donators for everybody on the forums to see? It seemed to work last time if I remember correctly. :P

Bleh I don't like competition. :P But if it rise the rate of donations I can't be against this idea. :P

A nice counter on the forum would be spiffy. :jerrypteri: I will buy a bottle of sand everyday to help ALP. :yes:

Yeah, donating a couple thousand NP every day (it doesn't have to be too much) is actually quite a good method of donating a significant amount over time. :yes:

The whole one pet a month thing sounds really inconvenient, especially for things like the ALP, who just want to lend pets for avatars.

Hopefully it's fixed up, or a compromise is made soon, because I want to start borrowing some pets! :)

Bleh I don't like competition. :P But if it rise the rate of donations I can't be against this idea. :P

A nice counter on the forum would be spiffy. :jerrypteri: I will buy a bottle of sand everyday to help ALP. :yes:

A bottle of sand counter... I like that idea! :P

XD We could pass the time by watching it slowly climb up until the number gets too large to fit on the screen. :P

Here's another fact for you all. We discovered yesterday that the ALP has got 11440998NP from Donation Shop sales alone. Going by the average selling price of sand in that shop of 15000NP, that's around 762.7 bottles of sand sold to date. That's ignoring the amazing donations by you guys in the past day. Thanks a lot. :)