Prizes?!?!?!

JenAmman

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Um well I think there will be some books (at least one), perhaps some stamps and some wearables.

I actually heard a good theory on the Neoboards the other day. Somebody suggested that wearable Fake Space Faerie Tokens could be a prize, considering that there were millions of them in the plot. Sure a lot of them got destroyed in the testing and Sloth's ship blew up, but they could still be a prize :P

How do you know that?

I hope that there will be trophie. ;)

I think that we will be able to get the prizes here: RoS

But there is nothing. I will try to search for something else.

I hope there will be a very valuable plushie... I collect them and I don't have any yet that are worth over 100k. Wearables would be awesome too. I like the Fake Space Faerie Token idea, that would be cool. Or how about a black shirt with all the step 2 symbols glowing green on it ;)

By the way, the Prizes will be announced on the New Features when they are out, so the news will tell you if the prizes are released or not (plus the info will be put on TDN pretty fast). Of course they won't be released for a few months though.

Also, yes there will be a trophy. That is unless for some extremely unlikely reason TNT decided against giving out trophies (which they wont)

Since this is the first plot i followed as it was happening (I did the altador after it was finished), does it really take them months to come out with prizes? That's kinda odd isn't it?

Yeah, but they probably have to calculate how far everyone got in each of the steps, award point values for the puzzles, compare all the results to see what would be considered a "good" performance in the plot versus a "lousy" performance in the plot... and they're dealing with tons of people that probably participated... well... I'm just glad it's TNT staffers taking on that monster and not me!

Ew, that would kinda suck...way too much math for me. It makes more sense to do it like the Altador plot then (It's my only base for comparison, lol). No plot points (Which i didn't know existed untill a few days ago), just general prizes for everyone. Much easier for them i would think.

Ew, that would kinda suck...way too much math for me. It makes more sense to do it like the Altador plot then (It's my only base for comparison, lol). No plot points (Which i didn't know existed untill a few days ago), just general prizes for everyone. Much easier for them i would think.

Oh and i meant for the next plot. I mean obviously alot of people deserve more points for continuing on with the testing and the battledome (Both of which i got frustrated with and stopped).

Yay! I found what I was looking for! Here is an interesting question that was submitted to the Times a few months ago.

Hi TNT, would you possibly be able to explain the process that you follow to create a plot and the amount of work a single plot represents? I am sick of people complaining because they haven't received prizes and saying that you are lazy when you obviously have a lot of work. Thanks for all the hard work you put into making Neopets a great site. ~viking_munchkin

Hrmm... well, it basically starts out with an itty, bitty idea. Someone usually says, "Hey, wouldn't it be cool if there was a plot where Meepits took over Faerieland and stole all the faerie magic?" Everyone else says things like, "oh, splendid" and "yes, yes... excellent" and "I serve our Meepit overlords!" Then, *several* meetings are held where the creative team (which consists of dedicated creative folks, but also staff members from all around the office) gets together and fleshes out the story. This takes quite a while. We fill plot holes and generally finish concepting the story outright, as if we were writing a book. From there programmers, writers, and artists enter the fray and work out puzzles, timing, battles, chapter outlines, comic layouts... anything and everything that's included with a full-blown plot. We then schedule everything, which isn't as easy as it sounds. We want to leave enough time for folks to finish bits before we release the next chapter, but we also don't want to wait weeks and weeks for stragglers, so scheduling is a tedious process. We're always changing things, even through the plot -- we may have better ideas come up, or we may have hidden a clue *too* well and have to leave more time for its discovery. (Oops!) When you're dealing with a group the size of y'all, it's hard to lock things down. ;)

And, of course, there's prizes. We hear about this one a lot. ;) Basically, we don't do ANYTHING about prizes until the very end of the plot (or, more commonly, after it's over). There are two major reasons for this. First, we have no way of knowing how well people will do. You guys are waaay too fast, and clever, and we've always had our expectations exceeded for how you'll perform. So in the past, when we've tried to do prizes before the plot was over, we've gotten things all wrong. We end up with points being out of whack, prizes and trophies not being fair, items being too rare or too common, etc. Secondly, we never know how popular certain aspects of the plot will be until we release them. (For example, we had absolutely no idea that the symbols that were assigned to players during the Lost Desert Plot would become so important to the plot-goers. We'd even thought of getting rid of them at one point, but you can imagine how glad we are that we didn't!) So all the inside jokes you see in the prizes are thought up *while* we watch you go through the plot. We take the parts you like the most and we put those toward the prizes. In short, we learned quite a few plots back that we were doing things all wrong and that if we didn't wait and do the prizes *after* the plot was over, they wouldn't be as good or as fair as they could be. So no, we don't "have prizes ready at the beginning" like most people suggest on the boards. And it's not just some simple math to figure out scores and points. We really do wait and troll through scores, retool things, find ways to reward those who went above and beyond, recap what was popular and what worked, and go over feedback before we finally release prizes.

And yes, Altador Cup prizes should be coming any day now. *fingers crossed* We're basically just waiting on one or two finishing bits and we're ready to go.

That does help alot. I guess that explains why most of the plots can't be done once their "ended". Too bad though, i wish i could have done all the ones i missed before i joined. I loved doing the RoS and Altador plots ;)

I'll just wait patiently for the prizes, whatever they may be XD

You so know there will be a Bobblehead or 2.

But I want Gorix's gun / Parlax's Sword

OMG, yes.. i want a Parlax sword 2!! ^_^

Its a katana i think.. :) Love 'em! :)

I think there might be some plushies and Neohome/garden items. Perhaps a keyring or two as well?

I am definitely expecting at least one wearable, but there may be more than one. No matter what TNT offers to us as prizes, I'll be happy anyway.

Honestly, the one thing I'm hoping for the most is a site theme. :yes: If TNT gave out a site theme, that would really have made the plot worth it, especially for me. :yes:

Announcements