TDN Forum's very own City!

DOOM Bringer

Ranked 1886 with 95 people. We're getting close to 100 people now!!!

Also, I'm glad to see some taller buildings are starting to pop up now. We'll have a skyscraper in no time! :D

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As of this hour, the current TDN population is at 97 people, with revenues totalling to 19050 euros. Population and industry continue to steadily climb, but job vacancies are readily available, and unemployment is not a problem as of yet. Agriculture continues to thrive, with several dairy farming areas being set up and the current crop yields providing a steady flow of income. Two major competitors in the processing and export of dairy produce have emerged, along with several smaller companies. Grain producers have also grown significantly, setting up a warehouse and a series of new office blocks in the city centre, with several more developments in the works.

The government-funded logistics improvement programme is proceeding well, and most of the city roads have been successfully smoothed and painted. Communications have also greatly improved, with several housing areas near the city centre have acquired internet access for the first time. Several small telecommunications firms have appeared and are currently engaged in a shoving match for the city's market share.

The city council met with the mayor only three hours ago to discuss further development of the surround woodland areas. Representatives present at the meeting said the prospects were 'promising', but that 'much work needs to be done before we can reap the rewards'.

And that concludes the 9-o-clock business report.

Well as creator of our mighty city I hereby appoint you as Anchorman of the TDN Forums City News!!!

Boy I'm letting this non-existent power get to my head :P

Well I'll try and do a business news update every day - but what we really need is a radio station. :P

Well you don't have to do a news update, but it's up to you. Do one if/when ever you feel like it.

*holds up a cookies* Giving this cookie away to our 100th person!

WOOHOO! 100 PEOPLE!!! That's great guys!

About the buildings though, they aren't exactly skyscrapers. They're just sort of apartment buildings. Here is an example of a place with skyscrapers (it's number one in Australia)

I just did my click and also noticed that we now have to update our transport aswell... Click here to update our transport each day... :graduated:

YAY!!!!! I hope I am helping.... Now Commander DOOM Garoo as the leader of our City, how are we to address you *cough* sir?

Ranked 1711 with 102 people.. however our transport has dropped to 98% :eh:

Thanks for pointing that out to me Marianne, I've updated the first post. You may call me: Fantastical Uberly Awesome Leader of TDN Forum's Citadel Of Impenetrable DOOM. Either that or just Tom will suit me :P

I think your link is broken, either that or it just didn't work for me. HERE is the link for the transport, just in case :D

I think you are right Fantastical Uberly Awesome Leader of TDN Forum's Citadel Of Impenetrable DOOM, my link isn't working... Now I am really confusled as I did what it told me to do.. Went to Insert: Post Link, added the link to the top, named it and then submitted it.... what did I do wrong?

Ummm.... don't mind me I am just having a blonde day... I have fixed my link and it is now working :*

Well our transport is good, it's just that unemployment has gone up a bit. :yes: We are still steadily climbing up the list at 105 people.

Since we're moving to a new radio station, I don't have time for a full bulletin, but here are a few quick points:

- Unemployment rates have risen somewhat over the past few days, the government is offering incentives to new companies to reduce this

- Transport networks have been greatly improved as the government logistics programme heads into its second stage

- City council talks have concluded and as you can see, much of the southeast of the city is being developed for agriculture

We're currently ranked 1600 at 106 people, 2% unemployment and 99% transportation. Since we were at 1794 when I clicked yesterday... we're doing quite well. Gained almost 200 ranks in one day, awesome!

Excuse me Great and Powerful Evil Masters, Sirs... I read something the other day that said one action per person, per day... Is that correct?

107 people, 3% unemployment, 100% transport, ranked 1585

Yes, that is correct. :yes:

TDN Forums is now ranked at 1562, with a population of 109 and an unemployment rate of 0%. The reduced unemployment and improved transport are the result of a number of government programmes that provided employment to citizens in various fields of work, obtaining workers for the improvement of the transport system and temporarily solving the unemployment problem (until some of the new businesses in town get into full swing) in a single stroke.

Various city council members praised the move as 'brilliant', saying that the efficient handling of the problem was a sign of a clear-headed and decisive government that would lead the city into a clean, peaceful information-age metropolis. When asked to comment however, the mayor stated that he was 'optimistic', but he still thinks that the city is 'a long way off from the dream of a developed haven that we all cherish'.

In other news, construction and development projects on the outskirts of the city are continuing smoothly, and are scheduled to move to a second, more industrial stage within a week or two. Additionally, many construction companies are now engaged in building activities in the city centre, so we should be seeing some impressive towers there not too far in the future.

And that concludes the 9:20 news report. I'm Theodore Lee, reporting from our brand new radio station. Have a pleasant evening.

Thank you AA, that was a very descriptive and informative report.

Yes it was a brilliant move, all my idea of course. I am optimistic about our town's growth but it's still a long way off from the dream of a developed haven that we all cherish (i.e skyscrapers)

Your self-appointed Mayor,

Tom :P

EDIT: 1600 posts as well :D

People need to visit our industry as we at the moment have 3% unemployment ...

Ranked 1488

Population 113

Yes, unemployment is becoming a bit of a problem... maybe Tom could mention that on the first post?

And there won't be any news reports for a bit, we're just hiring some new staff here at the radio station.

Ranked 1447

Population 116

Unemployment 0%

Transport 100%

Population 118

Ranked 1409

Unemployment 2%

Transport 100%

Unemployment isn't that big of a problem at the moment, if it gets worse though, I'll notify the people and suggest increasing industry. For now, it's fine.

Well it seems that unemployment will fast become a problem at the TDN Forums city... we should probably mark that as a priority for now.

And the radio mast at the new station is faulty, so news reports won't be coming in for a few more days.

Ranked 1375

Population 120

Umeployment 1%

Transport 100%

I saw this on the list of things that happen:

01 April: An inhabitant has left TDN Forums to look for a job.

Edit: So I thought since I did my last click at work, I could do another one at home :yes: and now we have 0% unemployment and this is what was on the list of things:

01 April: A new factory has just opened.

Ranked 1322

Population 122

Transport is at 100% and there is currently no Unemployment. We're coming along nicely! We might even break into the top 1000 cities soon :D

Well I'm going to keep working on the factories just in case... :yes: