Criminality 0 %

Pollution 0 %

Transport fixed. :D Keep it up, guys!

I also copy and paste the sign. ;)

• Replies 918
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rise and shine people! It's 5:30 AM Neopian Standard Time, and this is Theodore Lee bringing you TDN-CE's morning business report.

Improvements to the transport network and industrial development continue to progress well citywide. Congestion on the roads is a rare occurrence, as the city council announced and implemented a series of carefully planned construction projects that have effectively doubled the city's transport efficiency. Rumours are circulating around town about the possible proposal of a subway system linking major points in the city centre to the recently developed southern areas, but government officials are keeping tight lipped so far, presumably under orders from the city's mayor.

Speculation is also mounting over the construction of the city's first 'true' skyscraper, a 200-metre behemoth that will tower over even the tallest of the city's current office blocks. Bigfoot contractors has confirmed that they have begun to lay out the logistics for the mammoth project, and will shortly be circulating a survey to determine an official name for the project (and for the skyscraper once it is completed).

Job opportunities in the city are also ripe, as several major textile manufacturers and computer companies recently applied for government grants to buy land in the city and begin developing their own factory complexes. "These applications will almost certainly be accepted - you can't stop progress after all." said the city's mayor when asked for a comment.

Economists remain sceptical however as to whether or not current government projects will be able to support the city's population, which is still growing at a prodigious rate that was thought impossible by city planners only a few weeks ago. It remains to be seen whether government policies will have to be twisted or rewritten to cope with the expansion.

And that was TDN-CE's morning business report. This is Theodore Lee, enjoy your day! :D

Quick poll: Do you find my news reports useful, or just boring? :P

Hey everybody it's your mayor here (just felt like saying that :P)

Anyway, love the news reports AA, keep them up. You and your news team please the mighty mayor, possibly expect some increased council/government funding in the near future. :wink:

By the way, like AA said, we might be looking for a name for our first skyscraper soon, so any ideas are welcome.

Also free pizza and pie to the 200th person! *Note: Pizza and pie may or may not actually exist*

That is pretty much all I have to say for now...

Yours Sincerely,

The Mayor

wow I noticed some changes in the city there seems to be an increase in the population...

Edit: I find the news quite interesting, keep it up!!

I love the news AA, keep them coming :)

Ranked 668

Population 200

Transport 98%

Unemployment 2%

Revenue 42,250 €

Someone click on Industry and Transport :) please

Yay for 200 people!!! We're growing ever larger :D

But we were so close to being ranked 666th, so close...

Ranked 663

Population 202

Unemployment 0%

Transport 99%

Revenue 43,550€

I wonder if it would be possible to get a whole bunch of clicks by going through all the vacant computers in my university's computer labs? :P

This is Theodore Lee bringing you TDN-CE's breakfast news report on this fine Thursday morning. Well it's 7am, and if you're one of the many newly employed workers at the recently opened factories in the east and west of the city centre, then you've probably just been woken up by your alarm clock and are feeling reaaally sleepy, so just go get dressed, grab a breakfast bar, and endure the 90-second news report while waiting for the music to start.

Transport and industry programs are progressing well under the guidance of the government's new 2008 Development plan, drafted and approved by a special committee of representatives from around the city, top economists, and industrial experts. In fact, just about every aspect of the city is prospering under the wing of a recent economic boom that is resounding throughout the country. Workers, both skilled and unskilled in almost every occupation are suddenly in high demand. Every company from one-man shoe businesses to the mighty Microsoft Corporation is trying to muscle in on the new market, and as a result the city's revenues are soaring.

Also of particular interest is the fact that the city's official population (not counting temporary residents) has recently breached the 200 mark, an event that was celebrated with an official dinner at the mayor's residence. New immigrants are also finding that there is no shortage of well-priced and positioned accommodation as several new apartment blocks in the city-centre open for business. In short, despite the pessimistic predictions of many economists, it looks like our economy is in for one sweet ride.

And that was TDN-CE's breakfast news report. This is Theodore Lee speaking, I wish you all a wonderful day.

Ranked 649

Population 205

Transport 100%

Unemployment 0%

Revenue 44,250 €

It currently takes 251 people to make it into the top 500, we'll make that in a couple of days I bet!

Ranked 631

Population 208

Transport 100%

Unemployment 0%

Revenue 44,700 €

RAnked 623

Population 211

Revenues 45150 €

Unemployment 0 %

Transport 100 %

Criminality 0 %

Pollution 0 %

I increased population. This is looking spiffy. ^_^

People are recommended to improve industry based on the following statistics.

Persons- 215

Revenue- 45750 €

Unemployment- 1 %

Transport- 100 %

Well we just broke the 600 mark with a rank of 599.

Population 218. We're looking good!

hi hi hi hi grow mine ( in siggie)

Ranked 573

Population 226

Transport 100%

Unemployment 1%

Revenue 48,400 €

Population 227

Revenues 48550 €

Unemployment 1 %

Transport 99 %

Ranked 572

Perhaps someone could visit Transport or Industry next?