RoS: Part 2

Anime

The latest step of the Return of Sloth plot has been

released! We're working on the guide right now, so keep checking back.

char_gorix_confused_b2a31158e0.gifchar_cylara_worried_f47453dd6e.gif

Live Plot Coverage!

Update! It appears that EVERYONE has DIFFERENT answers, hence we can't post answers. We havn't solved everything ourselves, if we find a method that will work for everyone, we'll update this news post. :)

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

First time poster on these boards, long time reader.

I have figured out 11 of the codes so far, and dread to reach the "Incomplete Data" ones, and I thought I'd lend as much help as I possibly could. What I've done is grab some paper and jotted down what combinations equal what solution. However they constantly change as they move into more variables. Thus, it's a constant decoding over and over.

Once a solution is found for the first variable of the target, I can limit my "random guesses" to just within those necessary variables. Here's an example of some of my chicken-scratch:

NPEquations.jpg

And to prove I'm not sending you all false information, I do indeed have 11 completed so far... I would love some help though!

NPProof.jpg

Rarg! Okay, can some one PLEASE explain to me HOW you are actually doing this. Do you put in three at a time or not? And if you do, please explain this "it's like addition" thing better.

I'll see if I can't give you an example from what I'm working on right now.

EDIT: Okay, while I was going to take some screenshots, I found that I could no longer click on any of the choices. I'll explain in a little bit, anyone else having this problem?

I'll walk you through step by step with what I did.

1: I placed a number of the Choices (as I'll refer to them from hereon) at random into the Slots. Usually this was the first, second, and third Choice. I then noted the result.

2: Each Column "combines" vertically to create a result, including the original key. For the first few, this consists of only two variables, but progresses to four. Take note of each variable and what they "combine" to create.

3: I then repeated Step 1 and 2 until I was satisfied that I'd exhausted all possible combinations. I wrote down what variables in a Column created what other variable. Then I could either...

a.) Look at my notes mathematically and figure out which two-three Choices best fit into their Slots or...

b.) Look at the Result needed for the first Column and try out a number of solutions of combining Choices much lesser then the number present. This allows me to reduce the number of possible options from let's say... "30!" to something more reasonable like "7!"

PS: Everything is communicative.

I've encountered a serious problem.

I started solving a 3-modifier message, and I began by using V+V+V for each first character, which equaled O for the result.

BUT ONLY FOR THE FIRST TIME.

I then removed the first modifier, then put it back in the same position. It then equaled V.

In summary, when I enter the same modifiers in the same positions, I get a different result every time.

Here are the screenshots:

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

Is this happening to anyone else?? :crying:

I've got eleven, and assumed the three modifiers would be easy... just got really lucky on the first one I did, I suppose. Seems like the only solution at this point is to try and solve it "mathematically", so to speak. But, even then... ugh. What a pain.

EDIT:

Getting some sleep, here's some of the "math" I've gathered so far for the 6 symbol, 3 modifiers:

T+T+T+T=V

T+T+T+V=T

T+T+V+V=V

T+V+V+V=T

T+T+T+X=8

T+T+X+X=Z

T+X+X+X=V

T+T+T+C=Z

T+T+C+C=8

T+C+C+C=V

T+T+T+Z=C

T+T+Z+Z=8

T+Z+Z+Z=T

T+T+T+8=X

T+T+8+8=Z

T+8+8+8=T

Z+Z+Z+Z=Z

Z+Z+Z+V=V

Z+Z+V+V=8

Z+V+V+V=Z

Z+Z+Z+X=X

Z+Z+X+X=V

Z+X+X+X=C

Z+Z+Z+C=C

Z+Z+C+C=Z

Z+C+C+C=C

Z+Z+Z+8=8

Z+Z+8+8=V

Z+8+8+8=Z

8+8+8+8=8

8+8+8+V=V

8+8+V+V=Z

8+V+V+V=8

8+8+8+X=X

8+8+X+X=8

8+X+X+X=X

8+8+8+C=C

8+8+C+C=V

8+C+C+C=X

C+C+C+C=Z

C+C+C+V=T

C+C+V+V=8

C+V+V+V=C

C+C+C+X=8

C+C+X+X=V

C+X+X+X=Z

X+X+X+X=8

X+X+X+V=T

X+X+V+V=Z

X+V+V+V=X

V+V+V+V=V

Now this is far from a complete list, but I've got to teach class in the morning! So, I'll try and keep up with this, taking notes when no one is looking and jotting down ideas.

When it comes down to it, I love puzzles, and I hate to have one beat me!

I have 1, 3, 7, 11, 12, 13. The previous poster has 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8, 9, 15, 16, 19, 20. That leaves 6, 10, 14, 17, 18. I would be happy to post what I have. If the previous poster will do the same and anyone with any of the remaining 5 we could have it liked fast.

Guest menaツ

grr..my head hurts..I've been online for 5 hours trying to solve them. I've solved 10 of them so far. It took me 3 hours figure out what I was suppose to do. I'm having the hardest time trying to figure out the codes for the 0's w/ the green dot in the middle..AHH!

I'm also stuck on the 3 modifiers..

x_x *dead*

when i had 10 left i looked at my puzzles and had a 3 modifier with choices (codes) that created the problem that heerozero stated on the previous page... and with luck i was able to solve a different 3 mod and now it is gone (hope you understand what i mean, hard to describe)... so i have just become more confused!