MASTERY OF THE ARTS

Crusher

That's an excellent way to keep you guys occupied idea! I'll run it through Cameron ASAP! :yes:

• Replies 315
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theo and I are so pleased with your great idea, we have decided to give you a +10 speed boost for the first movement round. This will allow you to position yourself strategically before anyone else. It will go away after the first turn and you will be back to 5 speed. The design contest will commence shortly.

=Cameron=

All right guys, listen up! Due to Cameron being very busy and nobody else on the team being able to draw our wish to involve your creative art in MoTA, we will be running a short design contest for the three mage weapons. Your job will be to design any one of the three mage weapons specified:

- a staff

- a magical orb

- a magical gauntlet

(I won't get into specifics at the moment, since weapon stats are set for a later release. :yes: )

You may use any medium to create your weapon design - you can draw and scan it, use a computer graphics program, paint it, etc. Beyond the parameters already specified and the forum rules, there are will be no restraints on your creativity - go crazy guys! :P

The design contest is open to any current MoTA participants. To submit your entry, simply post the image or a link to the image on this thread. Good luck!

Edit: I almost forgot to mention - we will be judging on the best design for each weapon. 3 mastery points are up for grabs for each weapon. This means that if you somehow manage to get the best design for all 3 weapons, you could win a whopping 9 mastery points! How's that for an incentive? ;)

Interesting.

As already pointed out, I can't draw. Well actually I can, but I'd end up with things resembling a broken walking stick, a three-hundred-year-old bean bag, and a pair of lollipops.

I can't wait to see the entries though. I'm sure they'll be great! :yes:

Everybody seems quiet all of a sudden... are you all hard at work designing, or is this just a sign of disinterest? :P

The prizes have been added by the way. :yes:

I'm here!!! *waves arm enthusiastically*

Anyway, as I pointed out to AA on MSN, I won't be entering due to having little to no artistic skills whatsoever. Oh well, good luck to everyone else I suppose :P

Well I know that we do have some artistic talents participating in MoTA, so I'm hoping things will go well. :)

Teaser: the next story snippet will set the scene for the first battle.

Well, I finally completed the Staff.

Here are two images of it, one larger than the other:

Staff Size #1

Staff Size #2

I actually think it turned out great for being something made in Paint.

Complete with a sapphire "Dragon's Eye" in the center.

Feel free to comment. :)

And also, I can easily change colors on the staff if you want me to.

The staff is okay Metroid, but we are looking for something a little more complex. The orb, on the other hand, looks pretty darn awesome. The shell of the staff is great, just add some more design and perhaps give it a browner colouring. Thanks for entering! :D.

=Cameron=

I fully understand. That staff is rather bland.

I may just make a completely different design for the staff, now that I look at it with fresh eyes.

And yes, that orb is pretty awesome, isn't it? :P

Stop the presses! This competition is OVER now, because there is nobody who could possibly beat my entries!

I know you put some effort into those pictures Metroid, but unfortunately they are no match for my mighty Paint skills. I don't think there is a second place prize for you :(

Anyway, prepare to be dazzled and blown away by my artistic fortitude!

Staff

magicsatffmota.jpg

Orb

magicalorbmota.jpg

Gauntlets

magicalgauntletsmota.jpg

I will take the 9 Mastery Points now Cameron, there is no point wasting everybody else's time.

You should be overwhelmed by this oppurtunity I have given you. You are the first people to see these masterpieces before they are sent directly to the Louvre :P

Wow, the entries so far have been excellent! I have just noticed that I forgot to mention a closing date for this contest, so I'll just set it now.

Closing date for contest = whenever Cameron wants. :P

That's awesome Izzy, but no match for DJ. The contest is now over, DJ takes the prizes. XD

Yeah, so basically we now have Izzy's Orb vs. Metroid's, Metroid's Staff vs. No One's, and no gauntlet entries at all. I say we wait :). *nods*

=Cameron=

:jerrypteri: @ Commander Doom

Thanks Cameron, I'll take my prizes now.

Technically speaking though, my entry for the gauntlets is still an entry and if nobody enters I win by default, right? I'm just joking of course. Still the power of imagination is far superior to any artwork ever made. :P

Wow, this post is quite random. Oh well *shrugs*

XD Anybody could draw better than I could. Trust me.

For a magic gauntlet, maybe some gems or some runes of some sort would give it a good look. :yes: This isn't a requirement, just some guidelines if you have no idea what to do.

here is mine ^_^

wildlifefungrafics.jpg

i'll take my prize :king: