Scattered Through Time

Ruto

C rose from the groun and lifted Kait up.

"You got what I need right?"

"Yeah, I found it." she said handing a large box to C.

He opened in and inside was a small speaker and a chip. He tore at his neck till something came lose and a rusty hunk of trash came out.

Kait reached up and, using a brush, cleaned out the slot in his neck.

C then placed the chip in his neck and fed the wired speaker to a small area used to regulate his breathing when he isn't using stored air. He twisted his neck a bit then said, "How do I sound?"

Kait's eyes lit up, she then jumped up and tried to wrap her arms around him.

C's voice was that of a human now, he had just replaced his vocal unit.

And with that, the sun set.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sitting cross legged in his command chamber, Shade snapped briefly back to his physical surroundings. He let the exhaustion wash over him for a few moments, then banished it and sipped some water from the packets sitting beside him. He closed his eyes for three seconds, then opened them again, reinstating his combat trance.

One of the fighters in the task force had been deployed dangerously close to the edge of the moon's sensor shadow. But the deployment position was worth it - the Echronal Physig's military computationists had scanned through the various radio broadcasts that the fighter was picking up, and had identified one from a human spy satellite. Shade now had access to optical data on what was going down below him - it wasn't as good as actual sensor readings, but it was better than nothing.

((Echo can't understand any language except for velociraptor calls, and dinosaurs are most closely related to birds, but there's no reason for Yema to have a human form or use a human voice.))

Echo watched. If he had been human, he would have sweated.

A dragonfly as long as his forearm flew past him - or almost did. With inhuman (alright, inraptor) speed he snatched out of the air and crunched on it. It might be the last meal he would ever have.

The tyrannosaur slowed, seeing that its prey had no escape. It brushed off the normal traps like a human might brush off a (modern -day size) mosquito. It put its foot down around the spot of the first string, made from stegosaur muscle sinews. Nothing happened. It must have missed. Echo began to fidget with anxiety, preening his head feathers.

The second foot came down squarely on the second string. There was a pulling sound - and a snap. The string had broken. The T-Rex looked down briefly, then continued.

There was only one more string, and what was more, Echo was relying on the T-Rex's own momentum to power the trap. He had expected it to be running.

Boom. Boom. Echo's hearing seemed enhanced, and he painfully well heard and felt every step that took those gaping teeth closer to him.

Then, the T-Rex's foot landed on the third string.

Creaaak...

Bang!

An enormous tree trunk, the front end honed to a point at the expense of one of Echo's precious, razor-sharp teeth, and fire-hardened, came hurtling spring-powered out of the side of the clearing ((the spring is made out of bone)). It was aimed straight at the T-Rex.

No. A fatal mistake.

The tree trunk had been aimed under the assumption the T-Rex would be running. And he hadn't taken into account a branch on the right side. It was heading straight for Echo.

In front, a drooling cavern of teeth. To the left, a flying tree-trunk. To the right, his traps. And behind, a waterhole. Velociraptors couldn't swim, so to jump into water was almost certainly fatal.

But...

Echo had only seconds to examine his chances. The T-Rex was certain death, and so was the sharpened tree trunk.

If he dodged to the right, and the missile passed over him, he would with utter certainty break his leg at the bottom of a deep pit, and the tyrannosaur could lean down and pick him off at its leisure.

Behind, death was only very likely. It was a simple choice, really.

He leapt backwards, landing in the water with a splash, and began to wade as fast as he could into the deep.

(( Well I'm going to mess with mythology and say that the one in Tatarus (we should not say his name) created them so that Floaro can somewhat talk to him, is that ok? And then C can change his voice to Raptor, so that way we can all talk to him))

((Whatever floats yalls boats. As long as you don't argue about it. ;) ))

As Yema was following Floaro, she got another sensation and stopped. "Wait, there is one more..."

A dinosaur? Was it actually a dinosaur that lived millions and millions of years ago? Yema thought it could have been a mistake she drew due to her recent injury, but something told her it was right.

Could he talk? No, they aren't fluent in any language that ever existed on this planet. But she could still communicate. Telepathically, perhaps.

He's under attack right now. He could handle it. He'd have to, if Yema could think of him.

"Hurry and find C, I know where to go after that."

"Ok," Floaro said. He sprinted twoards where C had gone, he did not know why he had a sense of urgency, but he followed it. He broke out to a beautiful beach, just the sight of the sea brought energy back to him, there was C and Kait talking at the beach, he ran to them.

((Not the beach, a grassy hill overlooking the ocean. I thought I said grass... *Looks at previous posts* Yeah I did.))

"Oh, its you." C said, bringing his body down a bit to allow Kait to stand. C's voice has tone and volume, much like a human's. No, almost exactly like a human's voice. If you didn't know any better you would think there was another person speaking.

((Note: C has no visible mouth, the lower half of his face is covered and the top half of his face is mirrorish thanks to Kait cleaning and polishing his visor.))

((o_O She never left. Please read the posts more carefully.))

Yema stopped in the shadow of the hill, at least until the sun was completely set. "Thank goodness we found you, young warrior. How are you feeling?" Yema came out of hiding now that the night had come. "As soon as you two finish, we have yet one more time to travel too..." She hesitated a little bit. "Our next warrior is a dinosaur."

"I'm staying here. I have more repairs I need to perform on myself before I am at 96% effeciency." He said with tone and voice. He was stern and a bit commanding.

Kait stood beside him, griping his arm.

"We cannot wait much longer..." Yema appeared to be deep in thought. "Floaro and I will go ahead and locate our warrior, then we'll come back for you. Try not to stay here too long, for you'll only draw the enemy's attention." She opened another portal. "Floaro, come with me. Perhaps you could assist in bringing along the young dinosaur?"

((I'll sit out for a while, when Floaro and Yema return C will be completely restored, meaning, try to keep the story around Yema's current time location please.))

"You will go or I will throw you through myself!" C snapped at Floaro

Floaro rolled down to the water in a flash, " You will let me or fight me now!!" However Yema's glare changed his mind, he could tell she was powerful.

(( I was going to get something that would increased my power, and confidence, a present from Athena, who is Poesidons immortal enemy))

((Try not to say things about characters that aren't stated in the posts. It kind of goes along the lines of "controlling someone's character", and if you know me, I'm really picky about that. *insert Levy's crazy smiley here*))

"Silence, you two! Floaro, it is better if you come with me. I don't want anything happening between you two while I'm finding the dinosaur warrior, though if you wish to save this world, you must learn to cooperate." Yema kept the portal open. "We'll talk about why I have summoned you while in the next time period. Please step through the light, the sooner the better."

((Someone been studying up on mythology? You have a lot more to learn, ya know. ;) ))

If C could spit on the ground, he would have. Instead he turn to Yema and said, "Take your time."

((I get my Greek mythology knowledge from God of War. XD))

"Sir, our targets appear to be splitting up." The officer was addressing his statement to Char-Kin-Vine, as Shade could already see what was going on. Shade was also focusing on a squadron of Earth-based fighters that were coming into low orbit around the moon, carrying out a visual sweep of the area. He recognized the fighters as a squadron that had been apparently posted on near-planet patrol, a reconnaissance task that rarely turned up anything more than an occasional smuggling ship. They would turn up much more than that in a few minutes he didn't move the capital ships.

The task force was, of course, more than capable of dealing with a single squadron of fighters, but Shade was also aware (and had been aware since they had arrived) of the various elements of Earth's defense system standing by, easily capable of overwhelming such a small task force. It would be pointless, and far too risky, to leave any ships behind to monitor the group in this time period, as the two groups would evidently be joining each other anyway.

"All units, this is Shade. Pull in and prepare for TimeRip. Frigate, match TimeRip destination to the portal's."

"Roger. TimeRip will be ready in 30 seconds."

30 seconds later, the task force winked out of existence, then reappeared just over 70 million years earlier.

((I'm going to occupy Shade for a while after this.))

Yema appeared in a land much different than where she just came from. It was heavily populated with tropical, ancient plants and other flora. Finding refuge from the sun would be no problem here.

"Floaro, now is the time to talk." She kept floating forward as she spoke. "The time period we just left, you might have no doubt that there is trouble going on. C has probably seen it. The galactic force that destroyed Earth in the future...I have seen it too." Yema looked toward the ground. "What could a fragile creature like me do?

"It was my only option: I had to go back and stop it from ever happening. By myself? Impossible. So I had to find the most likely heroes that could band together and defeat the alien force.

"Performing a task like this will surely kill me, for they will find out who brought the heroes together. But I must do it for the sake of this poor planet. I have to..." She spoke no longer, and kept going.

"An alien force? Strange? Where did it come from?"

Floaro looked around him, he could sense a new species he had never felt before coming fast. He couldn't understand why he could sense this. His mother was unknown to him though.

"We must gather this creature quick, there is much danger here!!"

"Wait...the warrior is fighting, and we cannot intervene until he has finished his battle. He must be the one to fight in his own time period."

Yema looked at the sky.

"I hope he hurries, though." There was surely going to be a confrontation before they had a chance to leave.