Scattered Through Time

Ruto

" The stupid gods couldn't even safe themselves, they are pitiful creatures, but when I rule, the Sea ( he will constantly refer to the Earth as the Sea) will be a paradise like it once was when Mother Earth and Father Time created it."

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Royalty? Well, would you like me to crown you?" C shouted, twisting around and knocking over a lamp, making it turn on. C was facing Floaro and the spike in his left palm was shot out like a weapon at the ready. The light shown on C's body, which allowed Floaro to fully see just what C was.

((I might try to draw C some time. Just so you guys can see what I see in my mind. He is not someone you want to get angry, and he does have a short temper.

Note: the spick in his palm can't be detached, sorry if there was a misunderstanding there. Its a retractable peice of electronics whcih allow him to hack systems, but it can be used as a weapon.))

((I'll just break up the hostilities shall I? :P ))

The fighter slowed, circling its newfound targets like a vulture. It was still completely invisible to any human sensors, and both the pilot and Shade planned to keep things that way. Instead of using the standard strike torpedoes, it would be deploying stealthy radiation-bombs which, while they would cause a commotion, would not give away the fighter.

"Launch." said Shade. The two invisible bombs shot straight down towards the building, then detonated in a pulse of intense light that drew eyes to it from miles around. The pulse was highly concentrated radiation capable of frying most organic creatures. Through the haze of his combat concentration, Shade heard the pilot and several crew members whoop victoriously. But Shade continued to watch and wait. His targets were not ordinary organics. They had shown that already.

C had a fail safe for his visor that he was glad still functioned. It brought a metalic shade, an air tight seal over the area where his visor usually lay. Unfortunatly, he can only see through infarred now. The blast has shaken most of the rust from his exoskeleton. He saw the exhaust trail of the rockets and followed them to their origin.

C found his case and found a small handle-looking thing. He grasped it in his hand and turned it on, the peice of equiptment lit up and a beam of solid light emmited from it. Light so intense it could cut through diamonds!

There was a sparking outlet dangling where the wall used to be. He grabbed it and fed its energy through his fist, unleashing a devestating blast of energy toward the origin of the exhust. He plowed a hole through it's wing and brought it down.

C released the outlet and the beam returned to its emmitter. He then took off running at inhuman speeds away from the blast center.

((The light emmitter is similar to a Light Saber or the Energy Sword from Halo. The only difference is it requires enourmous amounts of energy to operate and will only operate for short bursts. It was an invention of Kait's but C perfected it as a weapon after 3 AE.))

((The blast backfired on you. It blew off the rust restricting C, and even though the ship was invisible and the rocket was invisible, you never said the exhaust trail of the rocket was invisible. Its heat.))

(( Floaro is very stuck-up and confident, he boasts about himself, this will be a great conflict with him and C))

Floaro fell to the ground, turned to a mer and the back to a human, the blast has split open some fire hydrants, he went and let the water rain down upon him, he then ran into his house, got some ambrosia and nectar, ate it and feeling much better ran out to Kait's house.

(( o_O Poor Yema...))

Yema squinted at the intensity of the light emitting from C's equipment. There was no escaping it, all of the safe shadows for her had melted away. She let out a scream, and fell to the floor as if she was solid. Gasping for breath, she was severely weakend. "P-please...a dark spot...hurry..." She looked toward the sky. "They've...they've found us...we need to go...and quickly. ...Young water warrior...I'll explain things...later...but for now...we must go..."

((Opps, sorry Yema. C acted on impulse and completely forgot about her weakness.))

C kept running. And running. If he could go far enough away from the city then no further lives would be spent. If was clear they were chasing after him, after what C haad just done... He may have become their primary target.

((FYI: I clearly stated those were bombs, not rockets. Bombs rely completely on the kinetic energy from their launch for propulsion, they don't have an exhaust. But I'll let this one pass. :P ))

The damaged fighter dropped several hundred metres, before the pilot recovered and activated the maneouvering thrusters to compensate for the lost aerodynamics.

"Fighter Scraw, this is Shade - return to your berth immediately. Maintain stealth."

"Roger."

Before the fighter left the atmosphere, Shade used its recon equipment for one last trick. He punched up the emergency radio frequencies of one of the few remaining military installations nearby. "All units, this is home. We have a confirmed terrorist attack on an apartment building in the city. The building contained critical comm equipment that was probably the target. The perpetrators are likely to be fleeing the scene. Move to intercept and destroy."

((Shade is one of those smart commanders that test their opponents before engaging them.))

((AA, if your alien fleet becomes even more stealthy and powerful then you are begining to border godlike, which is against RP rules. Shade struck a blow to the heros and C returned the favor.))

C was running blind, his emergency visor was jammed into place. He kept stumbling over rocks and falling down hills. He eventually slowed and checked the radiation levels, he was clear.

He hit his head hard a few times then the visor shot up.

He checked his power levels, dangerously low.

Looking around he located a power terminal...

((Yup, I agree with the counterattack. I was just making a technical point.

And it seems like we are running out of heroes to find. :P ))

((After constant nagging from AA, I decided to join. :P

Name: Echo (I thought of G-Echo - gekko, geddit - but decided it was a horrible joke and dropped it.)

Species: Velociraptor

Alignment: Heroes

Skill: Intelligence mainly

Time period: 70 m.y.a

Character Description: He is the most intelligent creature in the world at that time, though he also has exceptional physical abilities.

Other info (optional): For a raptor, Echo is old. He is, in fact, practically immortal. He is a bit faster and stronger than other raptors, but his intelligence is above average even for a human. He has lived to see his grandchildren die of old age. After his pack also died of old age, he became a loner. He established a territory throughout which he set complex (by velociraptor standards) traps, and throughout the day he patrols them. There's a waterhole along the course, so he can refresh himself with water - and food if another animal tries to drink.))

Echo reached the next trap. It had been a fruitless day so far, and he was hungry.

The trap had snapped shut, embedding itself in the chest of a large rodent and killing it. Ah well, better than nothing. He dug in.

A noise.

His mouth bloody, Echo looked up from his meal. There was a puddle nearby, and it was rippling.

Boom.

Boom.

The rhythmic sound echoed through the forest, too loud to be another raptor, to soft to be a brachiosaur.

The big one comes.

The tremors became louder and louder, and Echo barely hesitated before abandoning his kill and diving for the specially made cover he had prepared for just this eventuality.

The Tyrannosaurus Rex burst through the trees. The rodent was too small to be of any interest; but the T-Rex had smelt something else over here. It roared in an attempt to scare its prey out of hiding.

Echo waited, watching, not moving. If it looked down, he would bolt.

It looked down.

Echo ran, fast, faster than any lumbering creature could hope to run.

If it continued on that course, it would reach the waterhole. Just maybe his new trap would work. The T-Rex had moved into this area and been hunting for Echo ever since. If he took it down, not only would he feast, but he would finally be able to rest properly.

He ran, every now and again stopping to make sure the tyrant lizard king was following.

He burst into the clearing. Yes!

Then it occurred to him. He had only cleared one winding path to the waterhole. He was taking a gamble. If he ran away in earnest, he might lose the Tyrannosaur, but he would also lose the chance to kill it. If he went to the waterhole, he might fell the monster, but if the trap failed, it would kill him.

He was betting his life on this trap.

The T-Rex roared, and without further ado he ran onto the path, marked only to him by memory, and hoped.

((Loc, don't start. Its a dinosaur, millions a years before spoken human language was even concieved. AA3, I like this so far. ^_^))

C had just finished topping off his battery supply. He walked a familiar path, one which had hadn't walked for over 100 years...

((<_< Just wait and see how things pan out.))

The path was where he and Kait first met. It overlooked the Pacific and the view was magnificent at sunset, which was coming soon. C sat on the ground and watched the sun slowly sink below the horizon.

"I thought I'd find you here." a voice said from behind him.

"I'm sorry Kait, sorry you have to see me this way."

"Clint, I'm just glad you're alive!"

"You call this alive? I'm more machine than man."

She sat beside him on the grassy hill and held a large peice of tinted glass. "You found my visor."

"...and what was left of the appartment. There've been rumors of a terrorist attack, Clint, what's going on?"

"After I tell you, you are going to wish it were only terrorists."

"Try me."

(( I have a feeling that I don't strike you as a nice person Levy, that is probably my mistake. But umm one thing, me and Yema are still at the appartment. Just keep that in mind, it seems like you are going off in another direction, maybe you have a plan, but I don't know, so I am just being safe))

((My apologies. Mid-terms are happening right now and I've been a little busy. And please, no arguments here.))

Yema regained what had once dissolved off of her body, and looked at Floaro. "Water warrior, please follow me. We must get away from here as soon as possible. As soon as we're safe, I'll explain what's going on, but as for who I am..." She didn't finish the sentence, and simply crept along the shadows like a thief. "Don't stay in one place for too long. They'll find you easier." Yema thought for a moment. "Where is the other young warrior?" She couldn't remember much during her struggle to retain her form.

"Yes young Naiad, he went down this way, I have seen that laser damaged you, and you sat in the dark, so I suspect you are a relative of Hades, but he does not usually have realtions with Naiads," said Floaro as he was leading Yema to C.

((...Okay...))

Yema seemed puzzled. "I know not who Hades is, Floaro, so I can assure you that I am not related to that creature. If you knew about a ghost, you would know that I cannot be exposed to direct light; it burns through my body. Such a weakness is one I would rather not have, but that's not important right now. We must find a safe spot, and if possible, the young warrior."

I am no Naiad...

((He will call you a Naiad until you tell him your name, that's what he think's you are, he will speak from the myths, so you better read up))

"We will continue this speaking later, I must lead you to that metallic man."