Scattered Through Time

Ruto

((I thought the attack begun on October of 07... Wouldn't it make more sence to arrive to modern Earth in the year of 07?))

C hefted his case in his left hand and quickly made his way through the circle of light. He was instantly in the same cave, but outside the sun was shining a bright white where the sun at post-apocaliptic Earth was blood red through the radiation filled sky.

An alert flashed on C's HUD, Heads Up Display. His oxygen level was dangerously low. His systems checked the air, it had the same quality as 21st century air quality. A loud hiss was emminating from his back, he was filling up on air. His carbon dioxide waste exhausted from a second port on his back. And he coughed.

Slowly, he made his way to the world outside the cave.

He backed away in disbelief. The buildings stood tall in the distance and the grass and trees were green and healthy.

Back to 103 AD, the bombs activated. Six went off at first, then they trigered more dormant bombs with the shock waves. Within hours, the entire planet erupted with fire and fury of which the world hadn't seen for a hundred years. The only difference is that now, nothing could die for nothing lived. Volcanoes awoke with pure hatred over nothing. Ash flew into the air and the planet became veiled. Mars is more habitable then Earth now. The solar system is completely rid of life. The only beings alive were safely in orbit, dumstruck by what they just witnessed.

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

((... x_x Who's sleep-deprived today? *raises hand*))

Yema expected this reaction to come from C. Living isolated in a cave in the middle of a lifeless planet must have taken its toll on him. Hiding under the shade of a tree, Yema spoke, "This is what Earth is now: it looks peaceful to anyone who doesn't know it well. Though it seems that it's a paradise here, the citizens have all gone mad. They are destroying each other as we speak, and it saddens me. But..." Yema breathed deeply. "There is one creature here that will be useful to us, and we must look for him." Yema closed her eyes and pictured an ocean, inhabited by the son of Poseidon. Poseidon? The god? If his son is who I'm looking for...he might not be persuaded too easily. She opened her eyes. "We must head to the coast. The one we're looking for will be...underwater."

C took the time to answer, "I can't. I am in horrible need of repair. If we are when you say we are then I know someone who can help me."

His voice, still hollow and mechanical. His exoskeleton, now in the light of the beautiful sun, covered in rust. As he moves the mechanical housing, it creaks horribly.

"Who are you?" he asked.

Yema looked down. "I am...a ghost. There's nothing more that you need to know about me, not now, at least." She sighed. "So, you say there is someone here who can...help you regain your true form?" Yema thought for a moment. "If you could tell me who it is, I might be able to locate him." But as to actually reaching him? C can't move very fast. Yema couldn't stay in direct sunlight for long, and she couldn't go anywhere without bringing attention to herself and causing even more panic. This was obviously a problem.

"Her name is Kait, Kait Benton. She's my wife." He said. Even though his voice was a monotone, raspy, mechanical mix, there was a hint of sadness within the mechanized mayhem. "She's the only one who can get me the tools I need. Unfortunately, I never told her what I had done to myself. I don't know how I can tell her who I am under this mechanical monstrousity. She thinks, I'm dead."

He moved out into the sunlight and looked up.

He then turned to the case in his hand then opened it. Inside was a large cloak and a few other unidentifiable instuments. He wrapped the cloak around his body and snapped it into place. C then grabbed some of the objects and placed them into compartments on his mechanical being to which they perfectly fit. Three went in near his hip area, two in each of his shoulders, and for the last one replaced a similar object in his chest.

"Power cells, to give me more power until I can repair myself. Let's go, I know where we are."

((Note: He does not know about Yema's weakness to sunlight.))

Yema examined C's disguise. "I suppose you'll be fine in that. There's too much chaos going on for people to notice you, anyway. We still have a problem, though." She kept her eyes away from the sun. "I don't suppose you have something that will shade me? I cannot be exposed to direct sunlight, it damages me." The tree's shade was barely enough to keep her figure in one piece.

"Well, the case is empty now." he said, still the monotone but obviously a joke. "Well, you're a ghost, do you think you'd be able to hid within me without harming anything within me?"

Yema shrugged. "Most creatures become possessed by me when I hide inside them...but you're bascially a machine, correct?" She hesitated. "I don't think any harm would be done. Are you absolutely sure you want to do that?"

"Would you rather stay here? I am sure if you don't touch any of my organic structure, nothing will happen. My heart is a mechanical pump, my spinal cord is wrapped up along my mechanical vertebrete within metal casing. Most of everything below my chest is mechanical, there shouldn't be a problem." He said, sure of himself.

"I know that I can't stay, so I'll have to ride inside you." Yema turned invisible and slowly floated inside C's rusty mechanical body. There was plenty of space between her and the organic structure, and it seemed that no side effects were taking place. C was still in control of his own body, so Yema relaxed. "Okay, lead the way, young warrior."

((If I'm sleep-deprived now, I shouldn't still be up. Sorry, but I'm going to bed. :( ))

C headed toward the city, anarcy had taken over. Buildings on fire, houses raided, shop's destroyed. Its De Ja Vu for C. He continued down the street, he was walking slower than a normal human but not by much. He wanted to run, but couldn't.

His cloak followed the wind. At times when the wind was still, it reached down to the ground.

They eventually reached a small appartment.

"Keep quiet, let me deal with this." he said in a low, but still mechanical tone.

He knocked on the door.

A young looking woman appeared at the door, weilding a shotgun. "Who are you?"

C grasped the shotgun from her hands andtossed it aside. "You know who I am, Kait Sammuels." He forced his way in.

"How do you know my maiden name?" she asked as she fell back into the appartment.

C closed the door behind him. "I have failed to save you. I was a coward. No longer. Kait," he said, removing his visor, "look into my eyes and tell me who I am."

She was still, looking into his eyes. His skin had long since wrinkled and is the purest white, but his eyes, his eyes were blue and green. A beautiful combination. Kait relized immeadiately.

"C, Clint? It's not possible... You died! We buried you body." she said in disblief.

"And I would give the world for it back, but I can't have it. Kait, this is who I am now, and I need your help."

She stood up. "Whatever you need Clint, I'm just glad to have you back."

"I'm glad to have you back too."

The bridge of the Echronal Physig was filled with a loud burst of static, followed by a few tense moments of silence. The sensors and instruments promptly came back on, and the crew engaged in a flurry of frantic communications. Char-Kin-Vine made a series of hand gestures, and the communications immediately quieted down. Shade took this opportunity to punch in a quick transmission.

"This is Shade to all deployed task force ships, run diagnostics: return value 1 to indicate full integrity, value 2 for minor damage, value 3 for major damage." There was a chorus of clicks as twelve pilots and communications officers punched in value 1 on their consoles. All the ships were accounted for and undamaged, with the single exception of the observation craft.

Shade checked his tactical readout - there was still too much interference to obtain any data from the planet's atmosphere. The comm officer on the bridge took the initiative and broadcast a wide beam message towards the fighter's last known position. "This is the Echronal Physig to Fighter Scraw, Wing Six, Squadron Hafnock, confirm your integrity." There was silence for a few seconds.

"Fighter Scraw, confirm your integrity immediately." Shade said, emphasizing the 'immediately' in the sentence.

"Copy Shade, our diagnostic reports minor damage only. We brought shields up just in time - much lower and we wouldn't have survived." This time, the pilot's voice wavered slightly with what Shade recognized as awe. Focused on the rapid influx of sensor data that was coming in as the interference cleared, Shade failed to realize that the awe was directed at him, and not at the detonations.

"Shade to Scraw, see if you can do a low altitude run over our target. Bioscanner readings would be very helpful right now. Pull out immediately if you detect a threat."

"Roger. Diving now."

15 seconds later, the bioscanner data turned up on Shade's tactical display. The result showed a positive for the presence of a life form, but the values were barely in the 'certain' area, and had an almost... residual feel to them. Shade's subconscious buzzed up again, and he checked the other sensor values that the pilot had obtained. There was a distinct radiation signal emanating from a single point in the cave. A signal that Shade, several years ago, had learned to associate with an area a TimeRip unit had recently vacated. Doing a quick series of mental calculations involving the radiation's wavelength, amplitude and direction, Shade came up with an approximate value for the target date, matching it to a more precise value from his mission briefing.

"Our target is clever... very clever." he muttered to himself. "Shade to all task force ships. Prepare for geosynchronous orbit behind this planet's natural satellite. Assemble formation for TimeRip."

((Shade is basically moving the task force so that it will be concealed from Earth by the moon when it arrives in 2007.))

Poseidon opened the door to his room, Floaro used a wave to close it, it was the most he could do. His father opened it again, he could see the anger on his face.

"You killed that gaurd, you are reaching you potential," said his dad.

"Liar!You are just saying that to make me feel better! It won't work this time, Oh god of the sea my butt!!!!"

Yema was touched by the scene before her. It was enough to bring a tear to her eye had she the ability to cry. She hated to interrupt, but it was important. "C...if she'll be working on your body, I'll have to hide elsewhere. Thank you for the shade. I'll leave you young ones alone now." Yema quietly slipped out of C's body and isolated herself in a corner of the apartment.

Yema closed her eyes and checked on her clone. Still there. Nothing seemed to be around the site anymore, seeing as how it was completely destroyed. Maybe the bombs did the trick. Maybe it killed whoever was around.

But something in the subconcious of her mind told her otherwise.

C placed his visor on the table.

"Clint, what happened? You look ancient!" Kait said.

"I've lived through a hell not even your worst nightmares could possibly measure. Please, I need help. You know about the invasion right?"

"Invasion?"

"This planet will not turn into the hell I lived through. Kait, I need you to help me repair myself. I'll tell you what I need and I need you to get them for me. This time, I will fight."

Floaro swam out of his room and up to the beach, he turned into his human form, he would stay at his appartment until his father calmed. He unlocked the door, but closed it, there sounded like crying and rejoycing coming from next door. He knocked on the door, a young woman answered, he had met her before but never talked to her. Her face was red from tears, but she looked happ, there was a large man standing there, he was inexplicably large and intimidating, he thought he saw a shimmer in the corner of the room, but decided it was nothing.

"Hey, there was a lot of noise coming from over here so I decided to see what was going on, is that your husband," Floaro waved," anyways, what's going on?Umm your name is Kane-no is it Karen? NO it must be Kait, that's it!"

((Tell me if I am interfering too much.))

The task force emerged into the pre-invasion space around Earth in a brilliant discharge of energy, quickly fine-tuning their positions to hide themselves from any enemy sensors. For a few seconds the capital ships were critically vulnerable as the crew oriented themselves and brought up shields, but those seconds passed uneventfully, and with the task force in place two wings of cloaked fighters launched to screen the area and provide an advance warning of any threats. Half an hour later a single heavily cloaked fighter with an extremely cautious pilot edged slowly into high orbit, then swept its passive scanners to search for the spot where the targets should theoretically have emerged. The telltale radiation signals were slightly distorted by the electromagnetic signals being beamed all over the planet, but they were unmistakable. The fighter dropped even more slowly into the atmosphere, following the targets' trail with its observation instruments.

((Sorry, I'm at a loss of words as well... o_O ))

Yema ((er)) looked up and found another human in the room. He didn't seem to be the same as the other humans around the city. His skin showed that it had absorbed great amounts of water in his lifetime.

Water? Could this be Poseidon's son?

"Young water warrior, come here," she beckoned from the corner. It wasn't possible to avoid Kait any longer. She would just have to know what was going on.

Kait saw Yema and backed away a bit. Seeing her husband alive left nothing further for her to be surprized about.

C had written what he needed on a peice of notebook paper and gave it to Kait.

She walked past Floaro and left in her truck.

Floaro saw that the shimmer in the corner was a ghost or something, it looked like a mix between a Naiad and a Wood Nymph (I will be using Greek Myth references constant;y, so you should probably look these up) he walked over there.

"How do you know me spirit, has my father sent you? Please do not tell me you are a slave of that air-head Zeus!" (pardon the pun)

C scoffed, "No god too strong to kill. Where were your gods when I was stranded in a desolate post-apocalyptic wasteland awaiting the death that seamed to never come? There is nothing left of that world, world scarred by the weapons mankind used to defend themselves... to take their enemies down with them. Having this spirit appear before me, the beauty in a hostile world, was the greatest thing that has ever happened to me in my entire life. I was given a purpose again, and not by your gods. By the God. Show some respect or so help me I'll.." he stopped. Then began to talk again more quietly but still in the mechanical monotone. "The only reason I'm alive now is because I believe if you don't try to stay alive then it is basically suicide. I already lived through hell, I don't want to spend my afterlife there."

((FYI, C is deeply spiritual after what he has been through. Don't say anything that might offend him.))